January Fitness Challenge

Accountability ✔️ in! Easy to make excuses. GET AFTER IT!!

Haven’t missed a day yet this year. 18 miles in cycle class this morning. Was not feeling it but pushed through.

Went on a 3 mile muddy hike with my wife, then lifted weights when I got home. I am now 8 for 11 in exercising for the month. Pretty happy with that

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Another day, another peloton ride today. Just went super hard for a little over 20, and now it’s on to a little free weights. Also have been really increasing my water intake

Golf and shampooing the carpets in the house got me my work for the day. Weather looks like garbage tomorrow, I think I might have to resort to going to the gym on a Sunday.

Vizio, big hype.

Probably needs to happen. I definitely don't have enough screenage in my life.
I scored a 50” Sharp Roku 4K SmartTV on Christmas Eve for $199 that came with a free google home.

Hit the range yesterday and ran 10k this morning for the first time in a long while.
I'd forgotten how much of a mess my knees are as it only seems to bother me on hills. Going to try and keep it up but think I'll be sticking to the flats for now.

Will get back at it after work this afternoon. Will be a tough one with 7 hours sleep in the past 48 hours but it’ll happen.

So far it is! We’ll have to see what my wife thinks of my transformation video in a year though

Lol. My wife is on a mission and hitting the Peloton every morning before work. I just started back on the Peloton after being fat and happy in Florida for our long 15 day Christmas break. Cycling is the easiest exercise for me to stick with although it’s not really enjoyable until I get a bit more of my cardio fitness back. My goal is to get on the bike at least 6 days a week. Averaging 172 bpm yesterday with my heart rate for 20 minutes was painful:(

66942C01-98A7-47B0-B670-A5F6F695BC93.jpegA6E6E1F4-25D9-4C7B-B004-68220E1AB9BA.jpeg

Lol. My wife is on a mission and hitting the Peloton every morning before work. I just started back on the Peloton after being fat and happy in Florida for our long 15 day Christmas break. Cycling is the easiest exercise for me to stick with although it’s not really enjoyable until I get a bit more of my cardio fitness back. My goal is to get on the bike at least 6 days a week. Averaging 172 bpm yesterday with my heart rate for 20 minutes was painful:(

View attachment 8922217View attachment 8922218
I think I did that same ride the other day haha. She’s intense.

What app/ tracker device is everyone using?

For basically everything fitness related I just use my Apple Watch with the health app on it. Seems to do a really good job for what I need

20 minutes on the elliptical and 150 pushups this morning. It’s not exactly the gym but I will take it. Also shoveled snow yesterday so that probably counts for something too. Pants are feeling a little looser all ready. Still got a ways to go to get to where I want to be.

Finally went in to my local bike shop and bought a new indoor bike trainer. Saris M3. Just finished an easy first ride with Zwift. I have to figure out a better app and TV setup, but this will be a game changer for me over the winter. Aerobic workouts are important for my body and mind. Our town snowpack is thin, and running out for a quick skate ski is futile right now. So easy to pop on the bike trainer. If I keep my current good eating habits up, January will be a good month. ? These fitness threads have been very helpful.

Using the Whoop 3.0

Back at it today, was told to keep strain down as recovery was poor (37%) - rain 2.7 miles -current day strain is 15.0 - Will be interesting how it shakes out depending on my bedtime

Totally exhausted but I’m just about off of work and looking forward to my workout. I should sleep good tonight.

Got my workout done. Felt good but my energy level was low. I’m sure that’s do to lack of sleep. Sticking to the plan is what important. Some days will be better then other but ya just stay the course.

Back