Jay Monaghan out as PGA Tour Commish....

Congrats to the new PGA Tour commissioner, the venerable Dean "Larry" DeCrescenzo.
I suspect THP is gonna get some free advertising!

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

over the last couple years, he has had a catastrophically negative impact on the PGA Tour.

I cannot fathom why his job would be in jeopardy.

Here comes Mickelson

confident chris hemsworth GIF by Men In Black: International

Very interesting tweet write up by Bob "Golf" Ball. Very revealing what he said.

"Monahan implemented a scorched earth campaign against players who wanted to play at LIV events. He cynically started a narrative that LIV players somehow were condoning the attacks on the World Trade Center and the death of Jamal Khashoggi. " That is really a character assassination courtroom tactic to go after their credibility, so people and companies turn their backs on them. You see it so much these days if people disagree or go against the powers that be.

"But secretly, in one of the vilest and most scum worthy ironies, Monahan did all of this when just a year earlier, he was included in a series of emails (exposed in court filings by @DesertDufferLLG) trying to get the Saudis to bail out the DP World Tour. Yes, getting investment from the very people he was now trashing. " This is the first I have heard about this. Never knew that Monahan was talking to the Saudis way before LIV to bail out the DP World Tour. Deep state stuff is so deep the more it gets revealed.

Revealing only if it’s actually true.
Well, the first part was totally true. Monahan absolutely did publicly attack the LIV players' reputation and character being associated with LIV. The second part of Monahan talking to Saudis about funding the DP World Tour before the start of the LIV tour hasn't been well documented to my knowledge, but it sounds very reasonable that it did happen.

If he's really out and there is rudderless leadership with all that he left on the table, it could get worse before it gets better, on the other hand, if he is on the way out and cleans up a few of his messes, could be great new beginning and start on the upswing.

I would guess it would be would be worse before it gets better (hence my earlier comment about Snyder)

Jay's going to have a hard time finding another job that pays him $14M a year especially with how he handled things the last year or so. They need somebody like Condi Rice for the role but she's likely to smart to take it. It would piss the Saudi's off to have to deal with a woman, especially one that was Secretary of State and is always the smartest person in the room.

Last edited:
Very interesting tweet write up by Bob "Golf" Ball. Very revealing what he said.

"Monahan implemented a scorched earth campaign against players who wanted to play at LIV events. He cynically started a narrative that LIV players somehow were condoning the attacks on the World Trade Center and the death of Jamal Khashoggi. " That is really a character assassination courtroom tactic to go after their credibility, so people and companies turn their backs on them. You see it so much these days if people disagree or go against the powers that be.

"But secretly, in one of the vilest and most scum worthy ironies, Monahan did all of this when just a year earlier, he was included in a series of emails (exposed in court filings by @DesertDufferLLG) trying to get the Saudis to bail out the DP World Tour. Yes, getting investment from the very people he was now trashing. " This is the first I have heard about this. Never knew that Monahan was talking to the Saudis way before LIV to bail out the DP World Tour. Deep state stuff is so deep the more it gets revealed.
unfortunately its a product of our trash culture. We dont have strong values and principles anymore and people behave shittily everywhere you look. Whether you like it or not the current golf landscape is indicative and mirrors our real world political landscape. Culture and politics are intertwined. Theres some seriously shady **** going on politically right now and I bet the behind the scenes look at pro golf is pretty much the same

Personally i think the pga tour has been behaving anti competitively and not in the fans nor players best interest, but the bureaucrats who run the sport. We all debate LIV vs PGA while they make $ and hold power. Theyre doing all they can to hold said power through the next few years considering how up in the air that seems today. Exact same thing is happening in the US gov

With this tweet being the only thing I have seen with this rumor I would suspect it is all garbage.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

…and why are they allowing him to complete the framework?

I'll believe it when I see an official statement.

Two years too late.

Phil Mickelson Water GIF

I know most are skimming the title, but this isn’t true and is just click bait
People are skimming right past this

Congrats to the new PGA Tour commissioner, the venerable Dean "Larry" DeCrescenzo.
First step…hire someone perfect to be my number 2. Welcome aboard.

Can thread title have “Rumor” added?

Back