JDM clubs. Have you tried them? Why or why not?

Love the JDM stuff, for me its all about being different. Thats the way I am with every.single.thing. added bonus is they are sleek and have worked well for me.

I think too many people sell themselves short saying "I dont have game for them" get em, and learn your game!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Love the JDM stuff, for me its all about being different. Thats the way I am with every.single.thing. added bonus is they are sleek and have worked well for me.

I think too many people sell themselves short saying "I dont have game for them" get em, and learn your game!!

I guess I don't understand the second part. Game for what? JDM has tons of sgi options and domestic has plenty of blade offerings.

Does the fact it's made in Japan make it inherently more difficult to hit?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I guess I don't understand the second part. Game for what? JDM has tons of sgi options and domestic has plenty of blade offerings.

Does the fact it's made in Japan make it inherently more difficult to hit?

Was qouting in general, people who choose against a certain iron because of some inherent lack of game. Personally, stepping into a "tougher" club I found out more about my swing and have grown because of it. Not JDM in particular, someone said this earlier in the thread.

JDM clubs. Have you tried them? Why or why not?

Was qouting in general, people who choose against a certain iron because of some inherent lack of game. Personally, stepping into a "tougher" club I found out more about my swing and have grown because of it. Not JDM in particular, someone said this earlier in the thread.

To be fair the opposite can be true as well. People who refuse things that can impact score to be different.

In the end people should play whatever they want to, but I've been to enough events and courses to see the whole "grow into it" thing in action and learn that people can grow their swing with any clubs.

I'm just happy there are enough clubs out there that people can choose things that they enjoy.

To be fair the opposite can be true as well. People who refuse things that can impact score to be different.

In the end people should play whatever they want to, but I've been to enough events and courses to see the whole "grow into it" thing in action and learn that people can grow their swing with any clubs.

I'm just happy there are enough clubs out there that people can choose things that they enjoy.
Thats the beautiful thing about open choices, I had great luck with my transition. I just hate to see someone turn away from something because of a preconcieved notion.

Thats the beautiful thing about open choices, I had great luck with my transition. I just hate to see someone turn away from something because of a preconcieved notion.

Does that mean if I give you a chipper and a bag of hybrids you are willing to put them in play and if you score better make a switch?

Of course not. Preconceived notions go both ways my friend.

love what you play and play what you love. it kind of reminds me of the other thread about whether you would prefer to hit the ball really well but not score, or struggle with your swing and still score. if the end goal is to shoot the lowest scores, play the most forgiving clubs you can be comfortable with. if your goal is to enjoy the game the way you want to, put something in your bag that excites you. those two don't have to be mutually exclusive, but we as golfers often make them that way.

Does that mean if I give you a chipper and a bag of hybrids you are willing to put them in play and if you score better make a switch?

Hey, I like free stuff. I'll take you up on that offer lol.

What would it take for the masses to game a chipper? High profile pros gaming them?

I think JDM feels better because the blades are forged by the masterful hands of Hattori Hanzo

I can appreciate wanting to game something different and unique. Claiming they offer performance benefits over domestic designs is adorable.

No, I have not. The pic of the Japan only Mizuno MP66 have me dreaming though. Hopefully they are released here as well, Adamw238 buys them and then sells them to me. :alien:

No, I have not. The pic of the Japan only Mizuno MP66 have me dreaming though. Hopefully they are released here as well, Adamw238 buys them and then sells them to me. :alien:

I saw a photo of them last night, the mp66 is dreamy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never owned any but have hit a few, mainly a set you (Kang) brought with you 2 years ago to Ohio for an unofficial outing.

My Srixon z745's give me all the JDM I need.

Last edited:
I have a Miura wedge and my bag was a Japan only release by Bridgestone but thats the only experience I have with JDM.

I can appreciate wanting to game something different and unique. Claiming they offer performance benefits over domestic designs is adorable.

Hit a Miura blade then hit a domestic blade. They feel different IMO. But what do I know.

Hit a Miura blade then hit a domestic blade. They feel different IMO. But what do I know.
I legitimately have, both feel like blades to me.

I know I'm crazy. It's a lonely place.

I know I'm crazy. It's a lonely place.

Haha slide over you've got company

Hit a titliest blade vs a mizuno or a Callaway or a Bridgestone etc. They feel different. That said I think some JDM have tighter qc on built clubs but the key word there is some. Some are great and right on others have a bit of a variance .

Overall I think JDM is a bit of the forbidden fruit syndrome. That said I wouldn't discount it and say us oem is always better just as I wouldn't way JDM is always better. Both offer great products. My personal opinion on this is that it is amazing that in this day we don't just think of products as global products. Everything is available to everyone in this day and age no reason to segment it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I tried this guys Vega VM-02's at the range and wow was I in shock at easy to hit it was for a blade like iron

Back