JDM clubs. Have you tried them? Why or why not?

kc720

Reaction score
Handicap
2manyclubs
A controversial topic. Jdm clubs. Have you tried any? Do you like them? Why or why not?

I love a jdm forged iron. I know the old debate over forged or non forged will be a heated one. Personally I think there is no comparable feel from a pure stuck miura or epon iron.

Not all jdm clubs feel great and not all cast clubs feel bad. The ping iblade feels pretty damn good and it's cast. It's just not miura baby blades feel IMO

I haven't even seen one in person. I know I don't have the game for them but would love to hit some forged Miura goodness.

I haven't but am very interested. Will probably start with some wedges, then possibly an iron set. Need to do some research to get the right stuff though.

I've only hit yours!!! They did feel fantastic. I can't say they feel better than a titleist forged blade, it is so subjective though. They do flat out perform though.

yes I've tried them. some very expensive ones. I liked them less than most other irons I have tried. and I really wanted to like them. something about the shape of many of them does not fit my eye at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I've tried them. some very expensive ones. I liked them less than most other irons I have tried. and I really wanted to like them. something about the shape of many of them does not fit my eye at all.

Interesting. So many different shapes out there! Which ones did you try?

I've hit some Yonex stuff, I liked it but didn't love it. I wouldn't mind hitting more JDM stuff, but am not likely to pay the premium it usually comes with.

I had to ask what JDM was the first time I saw it mentioned on here, so no I haven't. lol I would like to though.

I had to ask what JDM was the first time I saw it mentioned on here, so no I haven't. lol I would like to though.
Hahaha love that response. I think jdm stands for Just Damn Magical lol

Have tested for years.
Still think it has more to do with the forbidden fruit than it does anything else.

Have tested for years.
Still think it has more to do with the forbidden fruit than it does anything else.
Perhaps true. A lot of the allure could be price tag. I won't lie. I tried pxg (twice) thinking "at that price it has to be good."

I have not and mostly it is price and being lefty. Just like the US market selection for a lefty not there. Though I would have to guess it is getting better.

What makes fall under the JDM umbrella?

I've hit a couple. :bashful:

Have not tried them. And I honestly don't really understand why I would or would not try them. Now I will admit as I read through the posts so far, JD's "forbidden fruit" comment did interest me. Theres a saying: Between two evils I always pick the one I haven't tried before. :beauty:

What makes fall under the JDM umbrella?
Anything originating in Japanese domestic market and not readily available in US. lines are blurred though since there are many shops specializing in jdm equipment stateside now

Similar to other responses, I would like to try them and especially enjoy the looks of some of them. However, availability limits my ability to try them. Being a lefty doesn't help either.

My Odyssey Works Versa Sabertooth is technically JDM. It's a putter. Feels no different than any other putter.

Interesting. So many different shapes out there! Which ones did you try?

yonex, miura, honma, ikasu, and epon

Anything originating in Japanese domestic market and not readily available in US. lines are blurred though since there are many shops specializing in jdm equipment stateside now

And dont forget all of the top sellers in that market are full blown sellers of the domestic marketplace.

I've got an Odyssey White Damascus iX 330M putter that was a Japan only release if that counts?? I bought it from Japan...it's nice but certainly not shout from the mountain top different.

I've been intrigued by them, but haven't tried any. I actually owned a Chikara Designs wedge. I believe he (Carlton Matsui) is now with one of the JDMs.

Back