Jeans on the golf course?

Jeans on the golf course

• Yes

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 62.5%

• Total voters
Personally ill pass as there just not comfortable enough to golf in l.
If someone else wants to wear them it doesn't bother me at all.

I think I’ll wear jeans in tomorrow round just for @Canadan

I will wear jeans on the course when it gets chilly or poor weather.

If it is an option of wear jeans or stay home, I will head to the course in my jeans lol.

I'll go one further... jean joggers and a denim hoodie. To some, the worst of all worlds!:ROFLMAO:

I really don't care what someone wears to play golf. It's not my place, I'm not the fashion police.
Would that be a Canadian gymsuit?

I think at a certain pricepoint threshold, it can be a thing where it could be accepted as an understanding that all walks are participating, but no... I do not like jeans on the golf course.

@Canadan can I ask you to expand a bit on why you feel that way?

It's a genuine question; I don't have a "gotcha" waiting here or anything.

I'm just curious where the dislike stems from on this topic, and knowing (from your posts anyway; I've not had the pleasure of teeing it up with you yet) you to be a reasonable guy, I'd like to hear more from you on it.

What you do in Oklahoma is your own terrible decision haha
I still say better than preparing for a flood with joggers. At least this way I can go feed cattle after my round.

@Canadan can I ask you to expand a bit on why you feel that way?

It's a genuine question; I don't have a "gotcha" waiting here or anything.

I'm just curious where the dislike stems from on this topic, and knowing (from your posts anyway; I've not had the pleasure of teeing it up with you yet) you to be a reasonable guy, I'd like to hear more from you on it.
I think apparel rules support the understanding that a certain level of etiquette is to be expected, and jeans are too casual to accommodate. As we often tend to act in a certain manner when 'playing dress up' (church, weddings, nice restaurants), it seems like golf operates in a similar way.

And, frankly, I like golf clothes.

I still say better than preparing for a flood with joggers. At least this way I can go feed cattle after my round.
with your **** kickers on.

I don't have **** kickers... or cattle.

I have never worn jeans on the course but my dad has. I always tease him about it. 🤣

I don’t think I would be able to swing in jeans. My flexibility is already restricted. Don’t need any help in that dept. I don’t really care what people wear in the course, just the speed of play

I think apparel rules support the understanding that a certain level of etiquette is to be expected, and jeans are too casual to accommodate. As we often tend to act in a certain manner when 'playing dress up' (church, weddings, nice restaurants), it seems like golf operates in a similar way.

I get this and I agree with you. Golf clothes (pants/shorts for this discussion) are more comfortable/breathable and all around better to wear for golf. I don't wear them to work (ok, the shorts I do sometimes) because I tend to deal with steel and sharp edges and whatnot that jeans hold up to a little better. That's really it, it's a convenience thing more than anything if I forget to bring extra clothes to work.

Thanks; that's very well stated. I appreciate it.

This past Saturday AM I wore a loud Christmas sweater and really bad elf-style hat to our normal Saturday AM scramble... and blue jeans, haha... we all had a laugh, and there was no consternation about etiquette, but at our club there rarely is anyway, so perhaps it's mostly about what's typical at one's club/course than a general one-size fits all rule.

This is a better topic for my therapist but I tend to avoid activities that require playing dress up whenever possible. I don't find value in it personally.

That said, to each their own. I think these conversations go better when people reply as thoughtfully as you did rather than via assertions and judgments about character based on attire, which tend to abound when this topic arises.

Cheers!

Thanks; that's very well stated. I appreciate it.

This past Saturday AM I wore a loud Christmas sweater and really bad elf-style hat to our normal Saturday AM scramble... and blue jeans, haha... we all had a laugh, and there was no consternation about etiquette, but at our club there rarely is anyway, so perhaps it's mostly about what's typical at one's club/course than a general one-size fits all rule.

This is a better topic for my therapist but I tend to avoid activities that require playing dress up whenever possible. I don't find value in it personally.

That said, to each their own. I think these conversations go better when people reply as thoughtfully as you did rather than via assertions and judgments about character based on attire, which tend to abound when this topic arises.

Cheers!
Yeah, it's definitely a fun one haha - and as long as good humor prevails, an interesting discussion because you're right, personal perspective plays a huge role.

I joined a private course this year, they have a strict no jeans rule. I would never wear them, but typically don’t care what others wear.

I find jeans too restricting in their flex for golf. I really don’t care what other people wear as long as it’s allowed by the course, but I can’t do jeans

I don’t care what people wear so long as it’s clean. Someone else wearing jeans on the course while I’m teeing off on 10 doesn’t impact me in the slightest.

Personally, I could care less. I’m going to dress where I’m comfortable, it doesn’t bother me what other people wear.

I wear them during the winter months here, but they are nice ones & loose fitting.

I don’t but couldn’t care less if others do, if the club allows it fine.

I've done it before for a quick nine but overall I'm not a big fan. I would prefer not to wear them or have others wear them but I'm not going hate on anyone for doing it.

I will wear nicer jeans when it's cold outside.

I voted yes but its with some stipulations. I am ok with it this time of year when its cold and wet/sloppy out. Most of the courses around here will allow jeans in the winter time but not all year long. My home course is ok with them on the range if it is a slow day but I doubt they would let you play the course in them even on a cold wet day. I only know they allow them on the range because I was out a few days ago and new it was cold and nobody would be there and of course guess what I had on. I called ahead and asked of course and the pro said it was find on the range that day as there was nobody else there anyway.

Back