Update. An hour after I ordered the kit, they sent me an email canceling the order because they "can't deliver to a PO box address". My Paypal account lists both my PO Box and street address. Apparently this was too difficult for their system to sort out and rather than emailing me and asking for my street address, they chose to cancel it. So, I went to the local hardware store and purchased the items I needed to make the strap system and it cost me approximately $20.
I have 10'6" of room for the hoist pulley to the ground and it was barely enough room to get the top lifted off so I could drive out from under it. I want to make some changes to get the hoist pulley up another foot or so.
I’ll be installing the actual winch on the wall and going to 2 pullies on the ceiling so I can get the extra clearance as my ceilings are only 8’. It’s supposed to be here today but it will probably be next weekend before I’m able to get it installed.

I dont have a problem with the ride. It drives about like my Tundra.
Interesting because I drive a Tundra and it's like night and day difference for me on smooth ride. I have never been in any Jeep that rides as smooth as my Tundra.

Lange Power Hoist-a-Top came in today. Hopefully get to work on it some this weekend around drill.

got most of the Hoist-a-Top installed/put together last weekend, minus the pullies. Going to wait until the Jeep comes in so I make sure the locations of the pullies are just right. Also stumbled across a Trek Slant soft top on Facebook that a guy has for sale for $300 (They are $1000 brand new). Pics look good and it says it has no rips or tears or deformities and has only 6 months of use (3 months last summer and 3 months this summer). I sent the guy a message last night to see if I can come look at it. If it checks out, I will definitely get. Can't pass up a deal like this if it's legit! Wasn't planning on getting one this soon but if it works out, then so be it. haha

got most of the Hoist-a-Top installed/put together last weekend, minus the pullies. Going to wait until the Jeep comes in so I make sure the locations of the pullies are just right. Also stumbled across a Trek Slant soft top on Facebook that a guy has for sale for $300 (They are $1000 brand new). Pics look good and it says it has no rips or tears or deformities and has only 6 months of use (3 months last summer and 3 months this summer). I sent the guy a message last night to see if I can come look at it. If it checks out, I will definitely get. Can't pass up a deal like this if it's legit! Wasn't planning on getting one this soon but if it works out, then so be it. haha
I like the look of those slant tops.

I like the look of those slant tops.
me too. It's the exact top I would be getting down the road, just didn't plan on it this soon. Hoping it works out and is as described in the posting.

I have both the soft and hard tops (square). I have never had the soft top on. I might put it on next summer. Maybe.
My intent is when it starts warming up, just swap the tops for the summer/winter.

I'd stay away from any Fiat built Jeep! My buddy's wife bought one, and it seemed like the heater core was beginning to leak. He took it to his favorite local mechanic and he said that he would diagnose it, but he would NOT repair it! Take it to the dealership! And spend the money! His mechanic said that replacing those things was a nightmare, took him 3 days, and a dissatisfield customer, Take it to the dealership!

I'd stay away from any Fiat built Jeep! My buddy's wife bought one, and it seemed like the heater core was beginning to leak. He took it to his favorite local mechanic and he said that he would diagnose it, but he would NOT repair it! Take it to the dealership! And spend the money! His mechanic said that replacing those things was a nightmare, took him 3 days, and a dissatisfield customer, Take it to the dealership!
And that's why we purchased the bumper to bumper lifetime warranty. We have already put a deposit down on the Jeep. It should be here anytime after next week.

4 months and 2000 miles and nothing but smiles. Made 2 trips to Overland Park Ks, an hour away. My son drove as I was getting eye surgery, 17.8 MPG. That/s drving 82 with air on, pretty good for a 4 cylinder. Happy with my Jeep.

4 months and 2000 miles and nothing but smiles. Made 2 trips to Overland Park Ks, an hour away. My son drove as I was getting eye surgery, 17.8 MPG. That/s drving 82 with air on, pretty good for a 4 cylinder. Happy with my Jeep.
we went with the 3.6 V6 as I didn't know much about the 4 cylinder.

Just got off the phone with the salesman. Got an estimated ship date of tomorrow, so could be here early next week if it ships tomorrow!

She has arrived! Picking her up Monday after work!
8D1396E1-3672-4668-86D7-3419F10370A7.jpeg3654ED30-7BB9-4007-9D0D-4D42390DE5E9.jpeg

Nice looking jeep, with the things you said you were going to do it will look even better.

Nice looking jeep, with the things you said you were going to do it will look even better.
Thanks! It will take time to get it all done due to how much it costs to do the big things.

Everyone say hello to Marty (named after the Zebra on Matagascar)!
6E611B5D-2096-4755-A286-0B4D3108DA6A.jpegD3CA3E3E-0693-45D6-AC4D-0860B8CEEAF7.jpeg

So a little annoyed but it’s being fixed. After I got the ceramic coating put on, we noticed some yellow blemishes in the paint on the rear fenders and the window started leaking/bubbling on the drive to the dealership. Claim has been entered with Chrysler and sea for the front window has to be replaced and rear fenders repainted due to a factory defect on both. Annoyed as it’s only a few days old, but it’s going to get fixed. I guess that’s what matters.

Decided it was time!
image.jpg

We're on our third Grand Cherokee.
Don't really need an SUV, but were pushed to it.
Last sedan was a Town Car, but all the manufacturers ditched the entire body on frame platform configuration.

No more Crown Victoria taxis or police cruisers either.
Nothing but unibody toys now.
Don't know what they were thinking about.

Once we go all electric and off petrol, maybe they'll bring back the huge freeway battleships of yesteryear.
I may even live long enough to see it, but I'm not betting on it.

Made some little mods this week. Added grab handles on the roll bars, led floor lighting, purple radio/ac knob accents, and purple valve stem covers. Will add pics later once I have access to phone.

Made some little mods this week. Added grab handles on the roll bars, led floor lighting, purple radio/ac knob accents, and purple valve stem covers. Will add pics later once I have access to phone.
As promised! Also got the hard top lift finished last night!
D305E85B-3EA1-4713-9251-D96497D89417.jpeg7539A551-D93B-4A41-9425-16F0FA294136.jpeg27076E49-BD0D-46C6-8267-2294EEAD6B87.jpeg879A1464-120B-4DBC-9EB0-4DE0DAF71BD3.jpeg61DF4265-4258-4057-9A95-E804DFA9C875.jpeg98B8E201-75B2-45C8-B71D-E13C148821FF.jpeg

Back