Jeter 3000 is a homerun!!

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
Amazing! What a way to blast your 3000th

People going nuts over here. Great hit Jeter!!

What are they gonna talk about on ESPN now?....

I've been over this for awhile....it's a big deal, don't get me wrong....but when Craig Biggio was chasing down 3000, ESPNdidnt break in for everyone of his at bats.

Congrats to one of the classiest guys to play the game. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player

Tap tap taparoo

Bittersweet. Happy for him, but really wanted to see it in person when he is in Toronto. Looks like I will be seeing legendary number 3011?

I had turned it over to watch and my mother-in-law comes in-unexpectedly of course. She was talking, talking, talking....

Luckily I was able to listen and see the home run at the same time. She says "Am I causing you to miss your show?" Of course not I say:giggle:

What are they gonna talk about on ESPN now?....

I've been over this for awhile....it's a big deal, don't get me wrong....but when Craig Biggio was chasing down 3000, ESPNdidnt break in for everyone of his at bats.

You are right, they didn't. I love Craig. We went to high school together and he is a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer, but, he is not Derek Jeter.

Yeah Biggio is no Jeter, plus he's a Yankee, they have a bigger following than the Stros. Wondering what they did for Gwynn when he was chasing.

Going off memory, I think Wade Boggs is the only other player to get #3000 with a round-tripper.

Not a Jeter fan, but 3000 is a great accomplishment...congrats!

Nice! He's been stinking up my fantasy baseball team most of the year, about time he did something!

I watched him play in the minors when he played in Albany. One of my favorite players. He is a classy player. Glad its over, I imagine its a huge weight off his shoulders. Not only a home run for 3000 but how about doing it on a day he went 5 for 5 and drove in the winning run.

just tap it in!

You are right, they didn't. I love Craig. We went to high school together and he is a guaranteed first ballot hall of famer, but, he is not Derek Jeter.

That's cool that you went to high school with him, one of my golf buddies is the public address announcer for the Astros and I met Biggio several times...you will not find a nicer guy!

Congrats to Jeter, he's a great ball player and a standup guy.

Yeah Biggio is no Jeter, plus he's a Yankee, they have a bigger following than the Stros. Wondering what they did for Gwynn when he was chasing.

Going off memory, I think Wade Boggs is the only other player to get #3000 with a round-tripper.

Not a Jeter fan, but 3000 is a great accomplishment...congrats!

I remember ESPN doing at bat updates for Gwynn. I remember watching him get his 3000th up in Montreal.

just tap it in!

Amazing!

The guy who caught jeters homerun ball decided to give it back on the condition he got to meet him.. This is what he got

"According to Kay, Lopez will receive four tickets to a suite for every remaining game at Yankee Stadium this season (including any possible playoff games) plus first row Legends Suite tickets to Sunday's game. He will also receive an assortment of bats and jerseys, plus the opportunity to meet Jeter."

Tap tap taparoo

It is amazing. I have a couple friends at the game and they are getting shirts with DJ3K on them.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

They were serving Jeter meatballs all day

Maybe, but a first hit single then a second hit HR to get 3000 is pretty epic way to do it.

i was only kidding congrats to Jeter

No need to, you should see some of the Facebook postings from my Boston Red Sox friends. They talk about Jeter like I (as a Dodger fan) talk about Frank McCourt!

Congrats to the Captain (and this time I don't mean biggsy)!

A four-bagger is definitely an awesome way to gain entry into such an elite club!

Derek Jeter has class... oh yea, and he is one of the best players of all time.

Derek Jeter has class... oh yea, and he is one of the best players of all time.

Sorry nope. He's not even the greatest Yankee of all time.
Babe, Gehrig, Mantle..... then Jeter?

Back