Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here enjoy hanging out with the fam and putting together a puzzle?

It was a tradition for a long time in my family that when we would go to my grandparents for Christmas, they would set out a big puzzle and people could chip away at it as the week progressed. When I started doing them though, I simply couldn't stop. Hours on hours I'd sit there until it was done.

My wife brought home a 500 piece christmas puzzle yesterday from friend. Cal and I opened it up late this morning and I sat there doing it regardless of who joined until it was done haha. It's a sickness.

My wife and I used to do them all the time. These days, I do them with an app on my iPad.

Beer and puzzles? Yup! Except I have trouble walking away until it’s finished.

Beer and puzzles? Yup! Except I have trouble walking away until it’s finished.
I cannot fathom walking away. If it was a 1,000 piece puzzle, you better believe I'd still be going at 1-2am trying to get it done.

It's a weird sense of accomplishment I guess. sucks me in every single time.

JB is right, this is one of my favorite things to do. This was something we did in my house all the time growing up too. I have a ton of real puzzles in our guest room closet, but now I do them on an app on my iPad.

JB is right, this is one of my favorite things to do. This was something we did in my house all the time growing up too. I have a ton of real puzzles in our guest room closet, but now I do them on an app on my iPad.
You really enjoy the iPad puzzles? I watched my grandmother build a few and didn't see any sort of entertainment value.

I like the tangible nature of one on the table. Also, love that it gets me off all my damn devices.

We had a large, difficult puzzle that took us a few years during Thanksgivings and Christmas gatherings to complete. When we did, it was a celebration!
Now its cartoon puzzles, that we do 100 times in a row with the kids.

We had a large, difficult puzzle that took us a few years during Thanksgivings and Christmas gatherings to complete. When we did, it was a celebration!
Now its cartoon puzzles, that we do 100 times in a row with the kids.
Yeah, we've got a bunch of smaller ones in the house that Cal does.. Paw Patrol, TMNT, etc. He's actually pretty damn good at them.

Yeah, we've got a bunch of smaller ones in the house that Cal does.. Paw Patrol, TMNT, etc. He's actually pretty damn good at them.
We need a puzzle swap so I can get some new ones in here!

Yep. We love jigsaw puzzles. If we had the space we’d have a jigsaw table. But we always set one up on vacation.

Well, she better not put one out the next time I visit HQ, because I'll have to add a day to the trip :LOL:

Years ago my sister came over and we did a 2000 piece puzzle together and @JB said we didn‘t talk for hours, we just sat there and did the puzzle.

I cannot fathom walking away. If it was a 1,000 piece puzzle, you better believe I'd still be going at 1-2am trying to get it done.

It's a weird sense of accomplishment I guess. sucks me in every single time.

Most of the real ones I have are 1000-2000+ pieces. I love the senes of accomplishment too, I really enjoy seeing something through from start to finish. I also enjoy doing it for my brain health. I have a big family history of Alzheimer’s and puzzles are a great way to keep the mind sharp. I do crossword puzzles a lot too.

My wife loves it - we had one Christmas puzzle that we did years ago (20?) put in a simple frame. We just hung it up for the first time in a long time. Good memories.

Years ago my sister came over and we did a 2000 piece puzzle together and @JB said we didn‘t talk for hours, we just sat there and did the puzzle.
You want a real challenge?

Come for a visit and have Calvin around while you work... #LoudDistractions

You really enjoy the iPad puzzles? I watched my grandmother build a few and didn't see any sort of entertainment value.

I like the tangible nature of one on the table. Also, love that it gets me off all my damn devices.

Love it! I probably do 3 or more a week on my iPad.

You want a real challenge?

Come for a visit and have Calvin around while you work... #LoudDistractions

Haha, I have done puzzles with friends kids before, it’s challenging for sure, more so because you really want to help them but know you have to let them figure it out on their own.

Part of what I love about puzzling is the quiet. I’m an extreme introvert, so most of my “hobbies” are solo things, like puzzling. I can get lost for hours and it’s the most calming thing in the world to me. If I am stressed, I will puzzle, it’s the perfect way to clear my mind.

Haha, I have done puzzles with friends kids before, it’s challenging for sure, more so because you really want to help them but know you have to let them figure it out on their own.

Part of what I love about puzzling is the quiet. I’m an extreme introvert, so most of my “hobbies” are solo things, like puzzling. I can get lost for hours and it’s the most calming thing in the world to me. If I am stressed, I will puzzle, it’s the perfect way to clear my mind.
Puzzles or the NFL... which do you give up first?

We enjoy it. Just finished a 1k piece puzzle today actually.

Love it! I probably do 3 or more a week on my iPad.
No more lost pieces, or tying up the kitchen table. I also get a free one one every day. We had dozens of real puzzles that we couldn’t give away.

Back