We do this every thanksgiving. We buy a couple of 500 piece puzzles and knock them out between 7 of us.

My inlaws do this all the time. We did it a few times as a family growing up but not as often as they do.

Once my kids are over the "put everything in your mouth stage" I could see it becoming something we do quite a bit. My two (almost three) year old loves puzzles and is currently putting 60 pieces puzzles together on her own.

My inlaws do this all the time. We did it a few times as a family growing up but not as often as they do.

Once my kids are over the "put everything in your mouth stage" I could see it becoming something we do quite a bit. My two (almost three) year old loves puzzles and is currently putting 60 pieces puzzles together on her own.
I imagine thinking critically like that is very good for them.

I’m a huge puzzle guy! It's been my winter hobby the last couple of years and I actually built a little table I can angle up to put them together on. The last few I've used Mod Podge to glue them together and hang them up on one of my garage walls.

CF6056B3-8C03-4D37-84E4-3A3F29ECCCEF.jpeg

Those are all 1,000pc puzzles I did myself but we picked this one up to do as a family over Christmas break. I, I mean we, will likely have it kicked out in a couple days.

547599A7-C6FB-4FCE-AA13-6D45487BE51A.jpeg

Anyone here enjoy hanging out with the fam and putting together a puzzle?

It was a tradition for a long time in my family that when we would go to my grandparents for Christmas, they would set out a big puzzle and people could chip away at it as the week progressed. When I started doing them though, I simply couldn't stop. Hours on hours I'd sit there until it was done.

My wife brought home a 500 piece christmas puzzle yesterday from friend. Cal and I opened it up late this morning and I sat there doing it regardless of who joined until it was done haha. It's a sickness.
We have started doing it recently, growing up all my grandparents always had puzzles set out and we would work them as we were over. Lotte is 100% addicted to 1000 piece puzzles.

We have started doing it recently, growing up all my grandparents always had puzzles set out and we would work them as we were over. Lotte is 100% addicted to 1000 piece puzzles.
that's cool! Tell her that Uncle Dan wants to see what she completes. :ROFLMAO:

My mind is blown by the iPad puzzle. No clue that existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a whole closet of puzzles, including ones I haven’t even opened yet, you are welcome to as many of them as you would like the next time you are here.
Oh we're going to have to go hunting...

Somebody did that one in a movie - was it Jason Bourne? Seriously, though that's just not a fair fight - the only thing you have to go on is shape, and the shape doesn't follow a consistent pattern. Serious props for finishing it!

Years ago my Dad and I went to Bristol for the Nascar races. We stayed with a family in the campground that provided us the tickets - they fired up a puzzle the first day there and everybody had a shot at it. Forget about the electronic rabbit-holes of YouTube, Twitter, etc. - they've got nothing on a good puzzle!

Years ago my Dad and I went to Bristol for the Nascar races. We stayed with a family in the campground that provided us the tickets - they fired up a puzzle the first day there and everybody had a shot at it. Forget about the electronic rabbit-holes of YouTube, Twitter, etc. - they've got nothing on a good puzzle!
It's funny how it's kind of like cards where it's the great neutralizer.... Except everyone knows how to stare at a puzzle.

Anyone here enjoy hanging out with the fam and putting together a puzzle?

It was a tradition for a long time in my family that when we would go to my grandparents for Christmas, they would set out a big puzzle and people could chip away at it as the week progressed. When I started doing them though, I simply couldn't stop. Hours on hours I'd sit there until it was done.

My wife brought home a 500 piece christmas puzzle yesterday from friend. Cal and I opened it up late this morning and I sat there doing it regardless of who joined until it was done haha. It's a sickness.
This is a sickness.... you’re right! Growing up my mom would have a puzzle going on the kitchen table more times than not and I’d jump in from time to time.... with staying at home so much my family has been doing puzzles frequently.... I never initiate but once a puzzle is out on the table it’s free game.... last one completed was a few weeks ago which probably marked 10-12 completed since April May.... I refuse to let my wife buy more.... ;)

This is a sickness.... you’re right! Growing up my mom would have a puzzle going on the kitchen table more times than not and I’d jump in from time to time.... with staying at home so much my family has been doing puzzles frequently.... I never initiate but once a puzzle is out on the table it’s free game.... last one completed was a few weeks ago which probably marked 10-12 completed since April May.... I refuse to let my wife buy more.... ;)
Oh come on, man! It's good for you.

Somebody did that one in a movie - was it Jason Bourne? Seriously, though that's just not a fair fight - the only thing you have to go on is shape, and the shape doesn't follow a consistent pattern. Serious props for finishing it!
There were at least a half dozen times I was 100% convinced we were missing a piece. Only to find it days (or weeks) later.

Back