My wife loves jigsaw puzzles! A 1,000 piece puzzle of two wolves in a winter scene set back our Christmas decorating by two weeks.

My wife loves jigsaw puzzles! A 1,000 piece puzzle of two wolves in a winter scene set back our Christmas decorating by two weeks.
so basically, if you're like everyone else, that means you were finished by Mid November instead of early November?

so basically, if you're like everyone else, that means you were finished by Mid November instead of early November?
Actually, that means the tree is going up today!

Mine was too when I learned about it. It’s a game changer.

I’ll give it a whirl. I feel like I will have trouble with the textile color grouping and discarding and making piles. I like the physical shifting of pieces.

I like putting puzzles together but we don’t do them often. Pandemic got us looking for stuff to do so... My wife and I put one together a couple months ago and just started a 500 piece Mando/The Child one.

Did a couple over Thanksgiving....My daughter and her two 6 and 7 kids....Of 1000 pieces on the one I put maybe 20 in. She is like a savant with these things and literally grabs a piece and sticks it in....She left the last 50 pieces for the kids to put in and feel good about gettin er done...Ha

As soon as we can move back upstairs after our remodel, I have 3 puzzles to put together, all custom made from Zazzle.com from our travel pics

We enjoy doing a large puzzle at Christmas - Goal is to finish before everyone heads back home from the trip. Lots of drinking and having fun, then a mad dash the last night to finish it.

hey @Canadan. We love doing puzzles, especially me and my daughter. We too can spend hours on them. Have done some advanced ones as well - 3D ones, 1000 piece ones, micro piece puzzles - where a piece is about a 1/4 of the regular piece size, and my favorite a 2 sided puzzle - where the puzzle picture is the same on both sides, but with a quarter turn difference (you can put correct pieces together but may not match up correctly on the back side).

@Canadan , when you're doing a puzzle which do you focus on more: the shape of the piece or the image that should be on it? I personally lean more toward the former when I'm working on it. I also have a personal rule that I don't pick up a piece until I'm 90% sure I've got the correct one. What about you?

When I was a kid. Somehow my mom was gifted a double sided puzzle. That hard enough. But no, it was a NYT crossword puzzle too. That broke me of any puzzle fascination.

hey @Canadan. We love doing puzzles, especially me and my daughter. We too can spend hours on them. Have done some advanced ones as well - 3D ones, 1000 piece ones, micro piece puzzles - where a piece is about a 1/4 of the regular piece size, and my favorite a 2 sided puzzle - where the puzzle picture is the same on both sides, but with a quarter turn difference (you can put correct pieces together but may not match up correctly on the back side).
that last one, the double sided one? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahah

Sounds horrifying.

@Canadan , when you're doing a puzzle which do you focus on more: the shape of the piece or the image that should be on it? I personally lean more toward the former when I'm working on it. I also have a personal rule that I don't pick up a piece until I'm 90% sure I've got the correct one. What about you?
I am a grouper in a BIG way. I scan pretty hard, and when I pick up a piece, it goes somewhere intentionally, not just back into the pile.

Right now we're working on a Santa 1k puzzle and I immediately separated the yellow and red.

We like doing puzzles, and encourage the kids to do so. It's good for the kids to sit still and concentrate on the moment.

My little sister asked for nothing for Christmas except a 1,000 piece jigsaw. I intend to sit with her on Christmas day, a couple of beers and finish the whole damn thing!

I probably do two or three each year to get me through the winter months. 1000 pieces, the harder the better.

My latest conquest:

ACA93CB2-B3E9-4839-B8D9-C44FF403EDC0.jpeg

My little sister asked for nothing for Christmas except a 1,000 piece jigsaw. I intend to sit with her on Christmas day, a couple of beers and finish the whole damn thing!
I absolutely LOVE this idea!

Nice. They are definitely so addicting once you start.
I'm about to buy some pokemon puzzles to get Cal going haha

There are a couple that have 100/300 piece options and 1000 piece of the same design... I kind of want to buy one for him and one for me.

There are a couple that have 100/300 piece options and 1000 piece of the same design... I kind of want to buy one for him and one for me.

I love that idea of matching puzzles but one adult size and one kid size.

I mean winter is coming, what else do we have to do? Do it up. I bought my wife (and me) one for Christmas and 2 for the kids

Back