Joaquin Niemann's look-a little too casual?

If the officials don't say anything, who i am to judge. This is the way the styles are going. No one has to agree with it or like it but, thats the way its going.

He is very casual. If you didn’t know he was playing a golfing event you could tell me he was playing tennis or soccer and I would not be able to tell you that you were wrong.

All that being said, I am not offended by it. I think it is fine.

The real question is...if I rolled up to Riviera dressed like that, would they let me play?

lol, they wouldn't let you in the building.
Pretty sure I wouldn't get through the front gate.
So what are we doing here? The Players are giving the Club the middle finger?

The real question is...if I rolled up to Riviera dressed like that, would they let me play?

exactly my thought. this why i don’t like it, at least for this tournament. i do think there’s something to be said for showing respect with the way you present yourself. this is a fine look for some other tournaments. maybe not riv.

No, but not because of your clothes. Haha

exactly my thought. this why i don’t like it, at least for this tournament. i do think there’s something to be said for showing respect with the way you present yourself. this is a fine look for some other tournaments. maybe not riv.

Exactly. As far as golf dress code goes I don't get too bothered by it, although I am a stick in the mud who thinks that having a line SOMEWHERE doesn't equal being exclusive and elitist.

But as a player you should respect the dress code of the club hosting you. I think that's just basic decency.
I could show up to a THP Event at a nice course in jorts and a graphic tee while citing "grow the game!" But that would be rude IMO.

This is one of my 3 favorite under-25 golfers on the PGA, so I don’t mind what he wears.

I could show up to a THP Event at a nice course in jorts and a graphic tee while citing "grow the game!" But that would be rude IMO.

🤣, I want a THPer to roll up on the hideaway in "the joaquin" and see if the reaction in that thread is the same as this one.

🤣, I want a THPer to roll up on the hideaway in "the joaquin" and see if the reaction in that thread is the same as this one.
I'm fairness, might be a bad example lol. We were told by a Hideaway host that we could urinate in the middle of the fairway if we wanted to. "You're at The Hideaway! Do whatever the f*** you want!"

Liked his outfit from yesterday. Collar shirt but untucked at a good length.

I am fine with the look, but on him? He looks awful.

I can walk into a fine steakhouse around here and see shorts and jeans being worn even though I feel more comfortable wearing something a slight bit nicer in a place like that. I'm not going to get my Tommy Johns in a bunch.

If we want to talk about people wearing inappropriate attire in professional sports, let's talk about why managers and coaches in baseball wear uniforms.

Shirt, ok
Hat, 🤮
Joggers, shoot me now!

As someone that never tucks their shirt in, I say good for him!!!!

Back