Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
CNN Article Here

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has resigned and will be replaced by former Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook, the company said late Wednesday. Jobs will stay on as Apple's chairman.

Apple made no mention of Jobs' health in its statement about the change, but Jobs alluded to it in the letter of resignation he sent to Apple's board on Wednesday and later released publicly.

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
That is sad news. Say what you will about Jobs, he has created an incredible company that produces incredible products.

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I hope the company keeps on the path that he has created for them. I love their products and drink lots of their koolaid.

oiler3535

Reaction score
Handicap
It's too bad his health won't let him continue to do everything he wants, but I'm sure he'll still be in charge, guide their products and innovations, and have final say on everything.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Just read that a minute ago, but sounds ike he will still be some what involved.

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
glad hes finally taking care of himself..... he is amazing at what he does and hopefully he can stay involved!

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hopefully he can get his health in order soon.

InitialDL

Reaction score
Handicap
infiniti
Steve Jobs is a survivor... look at everything he's been through.. crazy!

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Apple's stock will take a small hit tomorrow (nice timing Apple) and then watch, they'll officially announce iPhone 5 coming out in Sept/Oct to give itself a boost

Lucky67

Reaction score
Handicap
He must be in bad shape,otherwise he would have waited till after Sept. And the Iphone 5 announcement.

Brian T

Reaction score
Handicap
Sad news and like others have mentioned I hope he stays as involved as he can and I sincerely hope the Company keeps up the vision that he has helped carved for them. They truly have amazing products that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Apple's stock will take a small hit tomorrow (nice timing Apple) and then watch, they'll officially announce iPhone 5 coming out in Sept/Oct to give itself a boost
That's exactly what I was thinking.

TYork

Reaction score
Apple has done so well in the last 10 years. At least he is leaving on top! I love my apple products and don't doubt that Apple will continue to provide great products in the future....hopefully

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Tim Cook will move into the CEO position, as he has done in the past when Jobs has had his health issues. He has a great vision for Apple, which mirrors what Jobs' vision for them is.

gpugliese

in progress...
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 20.8
Wow, can't say it was a shock (because of his health issues) but still a bit of a surprise.

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
It surprised me quite a bit to open up CNN and see that breaking news on the top of the screen. It will be interesting to see how Tim Cook handles the company and how he fills Jobs' shoes. I agree Hanks, the stock will take a small hit over fears of company-wide troubles, but will gain slowly and go waaaayyy up when Iphone 5 is released this fall....

wawabau

Dark Lord of Sith
Reaction score
Handicap
I knew it's coming but it's sad that it finally happened. Every since my ipod mini I have bought an ipod 5G, an iphone 3GS, a MacBook Pro, an ipad, and I love all of them. I hope Apple will continue to thrive under Cook.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in