Johnny Manziel and the PGA Tour

Little different situation but yeah I get it. If he does I will happily eat that crow..
No I get it. The guy is attempting to do what lots of us dream about, given the time and resources. But publicizing it the way he did seems pretty rash and typical for him. And of course every news outlet grabbed it for an easy headline.

No I get it. The guy is attempting to do what lots of us dream about, given the time and resources. But publicizing it the way he did seems pretty rash and typical for him. And of course every news outlet grabbed it for an easy headline.
I’m sure he’ll “try” to do it and talk a lot about it, just to stay relevant in the media/social media and keep his name out there. And the media will willingly oblige him.

I’m sure he’ll “try” to do it and talk a lot about it, just to stay relevant in the media/social media and keep his name out there. And the media will willingly oblige him.
I pledge not to click on or retweet any of this content!

As stated, if he can take on @OldandStiff or @Canadan and I’ll take him serious.

As a Browns fan I’d not place much money on that at any point in his life.

Dan can’t even golf half of the damn year, lol.
If I'm understanding this right, he's making golf and possibly capitalizing on lingering fame his current pursuit, with the golf part having a 12 year goal of being a 40yr old rookie on tour? I never count anyone out of anything they're willing to dedicate themselves to, but that last part is daunting. A lot have guys have tried that.

If I'm understanding this right, he's making golf and possibly capitalizing on lingering fame his current pursuit, with the golf part having a 12 year goal of being a 40yr old rookie on tour? I never count anyone out of anything they're willing to dedicate themselves to, but that last part is daunting. A lot have guys have tried that.

Send me a crow pie if need be.

I witnessed enough of his antics firsthand to know he doesn’t have what it takes to beat you let alone be on tour.

Lmao just at the prospect of it.

Send me a crow pie if need be.

I witnessed enough of his antics firsthand to know he doesn’t have what it takes to beat you let alone be on tour.

Lmao just at the prospect of it.
Well my not bothering to really read the thread probably tells the story of what I think his chances are. Honestly though, if can keep a handle on the partying for 12 years and be able say he gave the attempt everything he had, he'd have my respect more for that than making the tour.

Well my not bothering to really read the thread probably tells the story of what I think his chances are. Honestly though, if can keep a handle on the partying for 12 years and be able say he gave the attempt everything he had, he'd have my respect more for that than making the tour.

Exactly. Get sober. Show us you’re serious. Then I personally will take him seriously.

I pledge not to click on or retweet any of this content!
I’m a liar. I just can’t help myself… Johnny is in the field at the Texas State Open tomorrow. Romo is also in the field.

I’m a liar. I just can’t help myself… Johnny is in the field at the Texas State Open tomorrow. Romo is also in the field.

It's in East Texas ... anything can happen there.o_O

Quarterbacks are almost always good golfers because they've got that natural shoulder turn. But there's a huge gulf between good and PGA tour.

I'll still check in to see how he does in this tournament though... see username.

He won't even make the cut. The Texas State Open has some serious sticks that play in it. Ben Kern is the head pro at one of the other clubs in town and won this 3 years ago about a week before the 2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive where he finished T-42 and was the low club professional. No way Manziel can compete with guys like him.

I laugh every time I see / read the title of this thread.

JM vs TR who you got?

Would have said Romo and so far he finished at +1 and Manziel is +2 through 4 holes.
Romo is used to these type of events now, Manziel has no shot at going lower than him

Romo is used to these type of events now, Manziel has no shot at going lower than him
Yeah it's a different type of pressure than he was used to in football. He still sitting at +2 through 9 which isn't bad but the leaders are at -8. I young kid I know who finished 2nd in the Texas Am is sitting at -2 through 13 holes. I'm pulling for him.

He won't even make the cut. The Texas State Open has some serious sticks that play in it. Ben Kern is the head pro at one of the other clubs in town and won this 3 years ago about a week before the 2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive where he finished T-42 and was the low club professional. No way Manziel can compete with guys like him.
After the first round the leaders are at -8. Romo is T86 at +1. Johnny Golfball is in 154th place (next to last) at +9.

I have no idea who the guy is, but he has no chance. The minor tours are full of no hopers who have played off +2 , not 2. He will play some state pro events, miss the cut and realise he is dreaming.

79-75 for Johnny. Better than most people were expecting I’m sure.

Back