Jon Rahm Joins Callaway Staff

Just had a quick look at the Travis Mathew website (I'd never heard of them) to see that their polo shirts are circa $90 a piece.
:eek:
They run some big sales throughout the year. Love the quality & styles offered.

Will be fun to see how the Travis Mathew team scripts him at the Majors.

I am happy to see Rahm land with Callaway. I hope he continues to mature, but see this as a win for Callaway.

How well do you think he does in his first tournament out?
Seems like he's enjoying the new clubs in play. I cannot fathom why he wouldn't be competitive straight away with the lineup Callaway offers.

I am happy to see Rahm land with Callaway. I hope he continues to mature, but see this as a win for Callaway.
This is what I am hoping for in a big way, especially if he continues his solid play.

Maturity.

This is what I am hoping for in a big way, especially if he continues his solid play.

Maturity.
Me too me too. I continue to try and like him on a personal level, but how you carry yourself is big for me. As someone who enjoys Callaway products I am hoping he represents them well.

I think its a good add for any company to get Rahm. Yes hes "fiery". Yes he has a temper. But, hes also at the top of his game.

good for Rahm. i like this guy

I think that this is great signing for Callway as well as for Rahm. He is maturing and while he will always have a bit of a short fuse I think he continues to manage his outbursts on the course and they will become less frequent with age. I wish him well.

The funniest part of this to me is thinking of TM trying to outfit Rahm in way that makes their apparel look good. That could be quite a challenge. :p

For Callaway, I expect Rahm has a positive golfer visibility among the Euros. That has to be a positive.

Nice get on the hard goods side for Callaway. Also repping TopGolf on the sleeve.

Don't see him as a TravisMathew guy though. From the TM website: Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its inspiration from the culture and lifestyle of Southern California’s surf, sand, and sun.

Mutually beneficial. I hope to see him excel this year with the chevron!

Nice signing for them! He seemed poised to win a major, hope the equipment change period isn’t hindering and he adjusts quickly.

Rahm is only 26. This could be a long and prosperous relationship.

I'm not a huge Rahm guy but I think it's a good move for Callaway. They have a decent stable of players but they need someone to take the torch from Phil as he's getting older and I think Rahm can be that guy. You don't get the chance for a top 2 in the world player very often.

In the TM announcement collateral, definitely see him playing the XForged CB. Not sure if that's by choice or because the new irons aren't released yet and they made a marketing choice to highlight their last iron release.

In the TM announcement collateral, definitely see him playing the XForged CB. Not sure if that's by choice or because the new irons aren't released yet and they made a marketing choice to highlight their last iron release.
I cannot speak for Callaway. But, they've seen pretty lenient with club selection. Especially for the higher ranked players. I don't know if Stenson is still playing the Legacy Black irons, but they had been in his bag forever. In terms of new irons, those guys get all the cool stuff before we get to see them. So, if I were a gambling man, I would say that if he's playing X Forged, it's because he chose to.

I cannot speak for Callaway. But, they've seen pretty lenient with club selection. Especially for the higher ranked players. I don't know if Stenson is still playing the Legacy Black irons, but they had been in his bag forever. In terms of new irons, those guys get all the cool stuff before we get to see them. So, if I were a gambling man, I would say that if he's playing X Forged, it's because he chose to.

Could be a Rahm'ish version as well. We have seen Xander with some raw X forged proto irons. So they can make them to Rahms liking easy enough.

How close is the CSX to the TP5X that Rahm played?

Omg I was thinking it would be awesome if you could get a triple track 2 ball ten! How have I missed this!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
How close is the CSX to the TP5X that Rahm played?
Rahm used the TP5 (non X) most of last year. The CSx will be a bit firmer than the TP5 but have similar spin through the bag.

I wonder how much it takes to lock up the number 2 player in the world with both a full bag and apparel.

I wonder how much it takes to lock up the number 2 player in the world with both a full bag and apparel.
@Tenputt - you forgot sponsorship for their TopGolf golf range as well. I saw that on his shirt today as well. Must have been quite the penny. Enough that he needed that Cash Bag that dan posted today to fit it all.

Love Callaway, Rahm not nearly as much, hope he can keep the temper in check and represent the brand well.

That’s a huge signings for both parties . I like it

Got this on my FB news feed this morning.
Absolutely stoked to see Jon Rahm with Callaway this year!

135831720_10164528169450640_8570844618275956327_n.jpg

Back