Joovv Go - Portable Light Therapy - THP Revew Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Always love when there are interesting products that come across my desk and this is one of them. Have any of you ever done any form of light therapy? Personally I have not, though I know the vet did some on my dog a couple of years ago, which is where I kind of got an introduction to it. Joovv is known for selling these massive light banks that are aimed to provide several health benefits. Perusing their site, there are several big time athletes who use these types of devices. I've had this in hand now for about a week, and wanted to share with you the unboxing experience and give a brief introduction to their newest product, the Joovv Go.

Nice web site for sure.
I'd almost try anything to get rid of my "Golfer's Elbow"
@ddec where do you figure to do testing on.

• Staff
Nice web site for sure.
I'd almost try anything to get rid of my "Golfer's Elbow"
@ddec where do you figure to do testing on.

I've been using it on my elbow/forearm. Also used it a bit on my back last night. Jenn used it on her shoulder. It's an interesting thing. The first time I used it, I said to her that it could be a placebo effect, but I could actually feel something. She tried it for 2 minutes and told me I was crazy. Then she did it for the full 10 minutes a day later, and said the same thing, that she could feel something. In her words, it was a tingling feeling you get before part of your body falls asleep.

Now in the video, I show how to turn it off. As you can probably tell by watching it, it was my very first time holding this thing. After putting it to use, there is a built-in timer, so that the lights do turn off after 10 minutes.

I've been using it on my elbow/forearm. Also used it a bit on my back last night. Jenn used it on her shoulder. It's an interesting thing. The first time I used it, I said to her that it could be a placebo effect, but I could actually feel something. She tried it for 2 minutes and told me I was crazy. Then she did it for the full 10 minutes a day later, and said the same thing, that she could feel something. In her words, it was a tingling feeling you get before part of your body falls asleep.

Now in the video, I show how to turn it off. As you can probably tell by watching it, it was my very first time holding this thing. After putting it to use, there is a built-in timer, so that the lights do turn off after 10 minutes.

Watched the video yesterday and I will be following along with how this affects you and whether or not you think it’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done, Dean!! Loved the intro to the product, and the fact that I actually watched it instead of glossing over tech posted in text haha

Seems like an interesting product, but one of those "believe it when you confirm it" kind of deals.

• Staff
Watched the video yesterday and I will be following along with how this affects you and whether or not you think it’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the massive wall units they sell are crazy, both in size, and price. I've been reading up on it as much as I can. The science behind it is way beyond my brain level. I'm going to have to branch out and ask some medical folks for some opinions on this type of treatment/prevention. I make mention of my initial exposure to light therapy at the vet of all places. But I remember sitting there on the floor with my lab who had been limping for a couple of days, to the point I had to carry her up and down the stairs. She received a couple of these treatments and within a week was back to her normal self. Now was that this or just healing I don't know. But the vet and I had a really good discussion on it back then about how she has seen a lot of improvement in animals after they've gone through such a process.

• Staff
Well done, Dean!! Loved the intro to the product, and the fact that I actually watched it instead of glossing over tech posted in text haha

Seems like an interesting product, but one of those "believe it when you confirm it" kind of deals.

it's one of those things I'm going to have to use for a while to really grasp if it helps me or not. Luckily I'm always the walking wounded. But something there will be a follow up on later in the season because I don't expect to see a rapid change overnight.

Interesting unit. I have the occasional shoulder and knee pain and wonder how this could help.

it's one of those things I'm going to have to use for a while to really grasp if it helps me or not. Luckily I'm always the walking wounded. But something there will be a follow up on later in the season because I don't expect to see a rapid change overnight.

oh come on man, back in the day when I put a Trion-Z on for the first time, the relief was INSTANT!!! hahaha

oh come on man, back in the day when I put a Trion-Z on for the first time, the relief was INSTANT!!! hahaha

magnets are stronger than light, but not as fast

Sorry for these question however I think they are general....
Treatment is once a day?
Did you use it before/after golf? or just when time was available.

Sorry for these question however I think they are general....
Treatment is once a day?
Did you use it before/after golf? or just when time was available.

I've been using it roughly every day for the last 4-5 days. Mostly it's been done at night when I'm sitting at my desk.

I’ll be following along to see if it works for you Dean.

On a side note, I dig the format of the unoboxing/quick intro. Well done!

Is spf required ?

following along as I too enjoy a good fad bamboozling

might even dig out the ol' christmas red light bulbs

I'm very interested in actual improvement benefits you may find. I've got numerous locations this could help with if it actually works.

Could be easier if they had a full body unit.. ha

I'm very interested in actual improvement benefits you may find. I've got numerous locations this could help with if it actually works.

Could be easier if they had a full body unit.. ha

Dougie they have these massive banks you can buy and essentially outfit an entire room with them. It just gets pricey. Just imagine walls filled with this...

landing-joovv-elite.png

Looks like you have the RED which they say is more for skin?

I think I would need the NI unit which focuses more on deep tissue and joints?

Just a quick look at their website that's my first impression. Looking forward to what you find out with the RED

Dougie they have these massive banks you can buy and essentially outfit an entire room with them. It just gets pricey. Just imagine walls filled with this...

landing-joovv-elite.png
Haha... $6K for the full treatment. Ouch

I already got the promo code for some swag from them...not so fast guys.

Looks like you have the RED which they say is more for skin?

I think I would need the NI unit which focuses more on deep tissue and joints?

Just a quick look at their website that's my first impression. Looking forward to what you find out with the RED

From my brief understanding, the infrared version sends out some stronger wavelengths that are going to be even more beneficial to tissues. However the natural red light is still shown to provide plenty of relief to muscles but also having some benefits for the skin itself. I like their site, this is a TON of information depending on how much one wants to dig.

Missed this when originally posted. This concept is new to me and have to do some reading up on it. If it can help with my troublesome sciatic nerve pain, it may be worth a try. Currently, doses of Advil twice a day have been my only viable solutions to manage it.

Still using this and will be doing so for a longer run. Responses are going to be a bit delayed this weekend as I am away with limited internet access.

Back