Journey to Average 30 Putts per Round.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
We have a lot of threads on milestones on THP and after having kept track of my Putts per round for the past year, I have found that I'm just losing far too many strokes in that part of the game. I currently average 33 putts per round, while not awful, its not good either, I have had more than a few rounds of golf with under 30 putts, but I feel I should be averaging 30 putts per round or less. Anyone else who would like to join in on my quest for a better putting average, please join in on the fun.

Easiest fix in the world.
Miss more greens.
:alien:

Easiest fix in the world.
Miss more greens.
:alien:

Thats one way, but I would still find a way to hit a bad chip and then 3 jiggle.

Great thread. A 30 putt average really establishes a game, but realistically can be tough. I had 27 today, but I'm more than capable of 35 on any given day.

Putting averages can easily be a misnomer if you are missing the green but shipping it close as I did today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Great thread. A 30 putt average really establishes a game, but realistically can be tough. I had 27 today, but I'm more than capable of 35 on any given day.

Putting averages can easily be a misnomer if you are missing the green but shipping it close as I did today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Absolutely Duey, its really more of a thread about getting more consistant with putting, I can have a 25 putt round one day, and then the next have a 38 putt round! I would like to have a little more consistancy in my putting game.

Absolutely Duey, its really more of a thread about getting more consistant with putting, I can have a 25 putt round one day, and then the next have a 38 putt round! I would like to have a little more consistancy in my putting game.

I know the feeling all too well. I am going to start tracking my putting numbers and update this thread. Great idea.

It should be more like, hit 60% girs and avg 30 putts or less. :)

Great thread IMO as I'm a stickler about my putting. Average has been all over this summer because of all the putter rotating and demoing but it seems 32 is a typical day. Been as low as 26 but a 30 average would be a great thing I'd be perfectly happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be more like, hit 60% girs and avg 30 putts or less. :)

I like this idea. Lets report both GIR and putts and see the difference that makes. I bet it will be enlightening.

I'm not sure how someone could really track putt properly, yet we all know the good days from the bad. Birdied chances missed might be a stat, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I like this idea. Lets report both GIR and putts and see the difference that makes. I bet it will be enlightening.

I like this idea, while today it was 50% GIR and 34 putts. Still too many putts and not enough GIR's.

Good thread Coolbreeze. Im looking forward to this one as its something Im working on now too.

Since bagging the RXT's, my GIR's have increased as have my putts per round dude. What a tough trade off.

Ok, today on 9 I had:

56% GIR
17 putts (I'm giving myself a 2 putt on a hole that I picked up on when I played through a group-I am a cheater)

Great thread. I know I lose too many strokes from putting too.

I'm in on this. I think my handicap would drop if I could get to 30 putts per round. Played today. Had 44.4% GIR and 38 putts.

Got room for one more? I was just looking back at this weeks scorecards thinking about how atrocious my putting is...I shredded those cards :)

Zero consistency and to quote boo "I feel like I'm holding a rattlesnake."

--
tapatalk

I'm hoping to get to 12-14 girs per round with 30 putts. My round today, 9/18 girs with 32 putts.

Since bagging the RXT's, my GIR's have increased as have my putts per round dude. What a tough trade off.

We talked about this in the RXT thread. I'm on the same boat. Although I'm still on a quest to increase GIR's and reduce putts/GIR & overall putts as well.

We talked about this in the RXT thread. I'm on the same boat. Although I'm still on a quest to increase GIR's and reduce putts/GIR.

I'm trying to increase my GIR as well, as I'm sure we all are, and maybe the best putting stat of all is putts per GIR, but simply keeping track of putts per round I think is a good overall indication of your putting.

I'm trying to increase my GIR as well, as I'm sure we all are, and maybe the best putting stat of all is putts per GIR, but simply keeping track of putts per round I think is a good overall indication of your putting.

I'm with you guys/gals on this. Although to be realistic a round with no 3 jacks is a good round for me. I'm also not as good as you guys are. :D

This is what my instructor told me to practice. Putt 15 times at each distance and record the number of putts you hole out or reach goal listed. Keep your stats written down. You should see a big improvement in time if you keep up with your practice. No wonder I'm not better. I don't do what he tells me to do. Maybe this thread will motivate me.

3 ft - Ball Goes in Hole
4 ft - Ball Goes in Hole
5 ft - Ball Goes in Hole
6 ft - Ball Goes in Hole
9 ft - Ball Goes in Hole
20 ft - Ball Stops w/n 2 feet
40 ft - Ball Stops w/n putter length

Back