Journey to Break 85

I actually deleted a detailed update to the Heavy Hybrid thread that explained how I workabilitied the ball a couple times this weekend.

Whybrosi? Accident?

Whybrosi? Accident?

No, I didn't want to get made fun of. I also don't like golf cliches. I did it though a few times when I had to.

No, I didn't want to get made fun of. I also don't like golf cliches. I did it though a few times when I had to.

Lol. I still put it up dude. I love it. I'd rather hit it straight but I dont always off the tee and if it wont hurt me Ill do it!

Broke 85 for the first time this summer when I shot an 81 at the Carolina club in Grandy NC. But I then followed it up with a 90 so it is still hit and miss, but I am having more rounds in the 85-89 range

I hit less than 85 about once or twice every 5-6 rounds. I'm pretty much always under 90. I would really like to be under 85 all the time. Hopefully I can acheive this by year end!

I'll post it here.

I can hit a low, punch fade or slice with the Heavy which really helpful from low hanging trees. Did it on Saturday and got a GIR, in fact! I just move the ball back, open my stance and cut across it a bit.

I also intentionally hit a big high draw over a tree that gave me a GIR - 6 inches yesterday :)

Broke 85 for the first time this summer when I shot an 81 at the Carolina club in Grandy NC. But I then followed it up with a 90 so it is still hit and miss, but I am having more rounds in the 85-89 range

Thats a really good score. Almost feel within reach???

I hit less than 85 about once or twice every 5-6 rounds. I'm pretty much always under 90. I would really like to be under 85 all the time. Hopefully I can acheive this by year end!

Hope so too, and with the Dragon.. all things are possible!

I'll post it here.

I can hit a low, punch fade or slice with the Heavy which really helpful from low hanging trees. Did it on Saturday and got a GIR, in fact! I just move the ball back, open my stance and cut across it a bit.

I also intentionally hit a big high draw over a tree that gave me a GIR - 6 inches yesterday :)

Dude thats awesome. it feels good just having command over your swing and shots huh? I think a little workability here and there is needed at times. And just proves you don't need a MB to do it :)

I actually deleted a detailed update to the Heavy Hybrid thread that explained how I workabilitied the ball a couple times this weekend.

Hi TMex. Dude put it in here! We won't make fun of you

TMex sounds like you are starting to make some nice contact. Like you I struggle with my putting and it's the reason I can't get into the 70's.:call-me:

Edit: I'm too late

TMex sounds like you are starting to make some nice contact. Like you I struggle with my putting and it's the reason I can't get into the 70's.:call-me:

CL you should really join this thread and get out of the CL vs CB challenge. You have a better shot a breaking 85.

CL you should really join this thread and get out of the CL vs CB challenge. You have a better shot a breaking 85.

I'm in both and I will be victorious! But I will do it while still loving my CB!!

Hahaha, its just killing me and I have no idea where it went! If I'm outside of 20ft forget about it. Its just really sad at this point lol. I tried visualizing, throwin gthe ball etc... I'm just convinced I need 5 hrs a week just dedicated to this and chipping.

I'm in both and I will be victorious! But I will do it while still loving my CB!!

I do still love some CL. Yoccos, im sure you will get your putting stroke back.

Hahaha, its just killing me and I have no idea where it went! If I'm outside of 20ft forget about it. Its just really sad at this point lol. I tried visualizing, throwin gthe ball etc... I'm just convinced I need 5 hrs a week just dedicated to this and chipping.

Dude this past weekend I had an amazing putting round for me. First 3 greens were all 1 putts with 1 of the putts being this ridiculous 30 foot big left breaker. I was amazed. Really loving the new Piretti that JMan sent me. It's really heavy(370 grams) and I think it helped me tremendously.

I do still love some CL. Yoccos, im sure you will get your putting stroke back.

Dude this past weekend I had an amazing putting round for me. First 3 greens were all 1 putts with 1 of the putts being this ridiculous 30 foot big left breaker. I was amazed. Really loving the new Piretti that JMan sent me. It's really heavy(370 grams) and I think it helped me tremendously.

I think I'm gonna go Belly.... haha.. Ill probably only need a 38" since Im not tall and a little bit round as it is.

To add, is the heavy what you like? Or maybe the putter shape?

Hope so too, and with the Dragon.. all things are possible!

I think so too. Just keep practicing is all I can do. Now that I have the B330 RX as the ball I game and the DRAGON, it's a lethal combination!!

I think so too. Just keep practicing is all I can do. Now that I have the B330 RX as the ball I game and the DRAGON, it's a lethal combination!!

I think that ball might be making a comback to me as well... I found one and played it like we have always been together.

To add, is the heavy what you like? Or maybe the putter shape?

Definitely the weight. Honestly from the first putt I was more confident. I didn't have to swing the club as much and my stroke was very smooth. I think I've found my gamer. I had 26 putts through 15 which is good for me:golf:

More coloneling...I keep doing thisand we will have to star calling it Yorkeming...

Yea, it can get old. I hit the ball pretty well yesterday, but then my wedges decided to go downhill. WTF? I'm attributing it to being worn out. I slept around 5 hours each night for 3 nights in a row, hit the range once, played twice, and partied. By the second round of golf I was toast.

We don't like anger in here.

I want to hear what was working for you and what got you down to the the 85 buddy :)

Yea CL...no angry people here...this is an anger refuge.

Well, heck - I'm not going to ignore anyone in here either. Hi Yoccos. That last post you did was just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. :D

I've liked reading along on everyone's progress and "aha" moments. I've never shot lower than 90 in my whole life, which includes about 40 years of golf, and maybe 9 months of golf where I've actively tried to get better. There's a course near me where the front and back 9s are totally different in character. The front is hilly with narrow fairways and you need to play a lot of target golf. Back 9 is challenging too, with some water, but more wide open. The last two rounds I've played there have been schizophrenic. I've shot a 58 and 56 on the front nine, and then turned in a 40 and 43 on the back nine.

So along with my goals of shooting regularly in the 80s, I'm asking myself what I have learned and what I could do differently.

Warm up more and get to the practice tee before the round.
Plan on laying up a bit farther back so I have more full shots into the green, rather than half or 3/4 shots.
Remember the course and hit away from trouble spots.
Sometimes less club is better than more club.
Remember that I'm not always able to work the ball successfully. Better to hit a shorter straighter shot, than rely on my ability to fade or draw at will.

I'm close to shooting in the 80s for my first time ever. Last year I didn't break 100 at all. This year I'm shooting high 90s, but I'm hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit, and more of these in each round. If I work mentally to guard against my blow up holes, I'm really close.

Good luck Rob. You will get there, just keep focused 1 shot at a time.

That's awesome. I am hopong to get there by the end of the season. Not much time left though.

I'll post it here.

That is awesome bro. Not gonna lie, I am the most non-workability golfer on the planet.

That's a nice amount of rounds under 85. I do it about once enery 3 years. hehehe

Channel your inner Yorkem...it is the one thing I am confident about in my game.

CL was putting great this weekend. It is obvious how much work he has been putting in, and it is starting to pay off.

Howdy.

Anything exciting going on for anybody? I didn't do my normal two range session this week since I played on Monday and then had to do some monitor testing yesterday. Hoping that I can hit the range tomorrow and the course on Sunday am.

I need to focus on making every shot count. I get complacent with the wedges some days and throw strokes away.

Howdy.

Anything exciting going on for anybody? I didn't do my normal two range session this week since I played on Monday and then had to do some monitor testing yesterday. Hoping that I can hit the range tomorrow and the course on Sunday am.

I need to focus on making every shot count. I get complacent with the wedges some days and throw strokes away.

Hey Hawk!!!! I'm playing Sunday AM before the bears game. I really hope we can get 18 in! Ill probably play after work too today. thats about it. I had a free chicken biscuit sandwich from Chick Fil A and it was amazing.

You need some JAWS wedges hahahaha

Hey Hawk!!!! I'm playing Sunday AM before the bears game. I really hope we can get 18 in! Ill probably play after work too today. thats about it. I had a free chicken biscuit sandwich from Chick Fil A and it was amazing.

You need some JAWS wedges hahahaha

You know, I just didn't love those wedges of Jrod's. I hit them fine, but the leading edge was just too round for me if that makes sense?

Hope you get your 18 in and the Bears play good for you buddy!

You know, I just didn't love those wedges of Jrod's. I hit them fine, but the leading edge was just too round for me if that makes sense?

Hope you get your 18 in and the Bears play good for you buddy!

Lol... I think I'm one of the few who just love those wedges. It does make sense though.

Bears rule! But I hate Mike Martz so lets see what happens :)

588's Hawk....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Back