Journey to Break 85

Yorkem, that is awesome buddy! I know that has been a source of annoyance for awhile for.

Posted via Tapatalk

I just think it can/will make a huge difference inmy scoring. A lot easier to go at a green with an 8 or 9 iron instead of a 4 or 5 iron.

I shot 92 on a new to me course. Was just ok at everything. A little good and a little bad = average round.

Nothing wrong with a 92 on a new course bro. How was the driver? You had said you thought you had something worked out.

You should share the tip. :act-up:

Literally, it was so simple. He just said I should try taking an exagerrated inside path on takeaway. I asked him to show me what he meant, and then mimicked his take away. From the first swing I was back to hitting the ball long and straight. A little more time at the range to fix alignment, and I think I will be all set.

Literally, it was so simple. He just said I should try taking an exagerrated inside path on takeaway. I asked him to show me what he meant, and then mimicked his take away. From the first swing I was back to hitting the ball long and straight. A little more time at the range to fix alignment, and I think I will be all set.

That made me remember this lesson. I wasn't turning to the inside and when he took these two pictures and showed me the difference a light went off and I've been doing better since. My problem later became that I started turning too much inside with my irons and that ruined my iron game for a while before I figured it out.

2977962760027173662S500x500Q85.jpg

That is a perfect visual representation KB.

That is a perfect visual representation KB.

It really is! might have to show that to my buddy who just started...so hard to teach someone to swing right to go left.

Tired of low 90s. My wedges are on point, gir are killing me, or lack there of

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Shot an 85 today. More to come later but man I suck worse than suck at putting. 37 of them!!!!! Started murdering my driver again though :)

Good for you Yorkey getting that driver back. Your TMex index is gonna be going down quick!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Shot an 85 today. More to come later but man I suck worse than suck at putting. 37 of them!!!!! Started murdering my driver again though :)

Good for you Yorkey getting that driver back. Your TMex index is gonna be going down quick!

85 with 37 putts! You must have been completely locked in with the rest of your game, and that is awesome. Before you know it, you will be too good for us in this thread! Can't wait to get my TMex handicap, and then make it drop.

Nice man! We should go play again sometime soon

Awesome. You can sink some putts dude. It will come! YOCCOS RULES!

I will catch up on this thread tomorrow, but I just wanted to say congrats on a great score, buddy.

I'm ready to eat faces. Do not ignore this post!!!:angry:

lol. People ignore mine cause im not popular hahaha.

All, sorry for not multiquoting but thank you so much. I cant wait to type up my feedback for these clubs. I just found a groove today. And really have been since I played the MC. Learned so much that day.

Tired of low 90s. My wedges are on point, gir are killing me, or lack there of

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Yea, it can get old. I hit the ball pretty well yesterday, but then my wedges decided to go downhill. WTF? I'm attributing it to being worn out. I slept around 5 hours each night for 3 nights in a row, hit the range once, played twice, and partied. By the second round of golf I was toast.

We don't like anger in here.

lol. People ignore mine cause im not popular hahaha.

All, sorry for not multiquoting but thank you so much. I cant wait to type up my feedback for these clubs. I just found a groove today. And really have been since I played the MC. Learned so much that day.

I want to hear what was working for you and what got you down to the the 85 buddy :)

Great score man, keep it up. What course did you play?

Great score man, keep it up. What course did you play?

Played Vistal! Its on 7th street and Baseline. I love that course. Greens and fairway werent int great shape but they are getting ready to over seed I think.

Hi Yoccos. Are you going to tell us about your round?

Hey!

Man I was typing and about halfway through when my work comp went nuts...

My putting was horrible. I cannot lag putt to save my life and I had 4 three jacks. One hole in particular I hit a real nice drive and was left with 250 to the hole. I figure pull out my 3w, aim to the left and just get close. Well I carried to the green and was left with a 40 footer. 3 jack for par. there were other times I'd hit a GIR and just whiff. It was hard to keep a positive attitude when I got on the green lol. But I did make some nice putts too. I need to practice more.

Driving:
My dad made one quick observation.. i was getting too quick and my hands were getting jacked. Once I fixed this I was nailing some great shots off the tee. I was so happy! It was nice to hit the fairway again. On the back 9 I was 5/7 and the other two werent far off. Even on the front, once I got adjusted it was just like a few months ago.

Irons:
Solid contact, staying over the ball. Im still working on not such a huge shoulder turn but thats really hard for me. I did hit some shots fat at the end but I was just getting cramped and just getting tired. Waiting on every tee box and not the norm for me. it wasnt slow play but you could tell they were struggling and in turn they just werent playing well. Plus they'd sit on the green so we couldnt hit, drive carts from ball to ball.. etc.. The group in front were also playing 6600 when they probably were best suited for one up. To each their own though! Ill touch more in my review but wind was a factor and probaby caused some less than accurate shots. I really like my ballflight but the wind just killed it at times.

Hybrids:
I was 220 out and behind a tree somewhat. Water at about 200 but it was a legit shot at a par 5 in 2. Good thing I know what I'm doing with I hit a fade because I took out my 3h and said screw it, I'm going for it. BAM! GIUR hahaa. Missed my eagle putt bad but had a nice comeback for the birdie.

All in all, really really happy with how everything is coming together. Are all shots good??? No but I'm hitting way more good shots that bad. Working the ball somewhat has become a joke lol but I need it at times from behind trees because I'm not straight off the tee everytime. I dont need alot and usually I want high and straight but its nice to at least know, I can muster 1/2 shots if I need too.

Well, heck - I'm not going to ignore anyone in here either. Hi Yoccos. That last post you did was just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. :D

I've liked reading along on everyone's progress and "aha" moments. I've never shot lower than 90 in my whole life, which includes about 40 years of golf, and maybe 9 months of golf where I've actively tried to get better. There's a course near me where the front and back 9s are totally different in character. The front is hilly with narrow fairways and you need to play a lot of target golf. Back 9 is challenging too, with some water, but more wide open. The last two rounds I've played there have been schizophrenic. I've shot a 58 and 56 on the front nine, and then turned in a 40 and 43 on the back nine.

So along with my goals of shooting regularly in the 80s, I'm asking myself what I have learned and what I could do differently.

Warm up more and get to the practice tee before the round.
Plan on laying up a bit farther back so I have more full shots into the green, rather than half or 3/4 shots.
Remember the course and hit away from trouble spots.
Sometimes less club is better than more club.
Remember that I'm not always able to work the ball successfully. Better to hit a shorter straighter shot, than rely on my ability to fade or draw at will.

I'm close to shooting in the 80s for my first time ever. Last year I didn't break 100 at all. This year I'm shooting high 90s, but I'm hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit, and more of these in each round. If I work mentally to guard against my blow up holes, I'm really close.

Good for you!

I hear you on the wind. I took a beating from it yesterday, especially the cross winds. Those high balls sure can get caught up in it.

Did you try that tip on lagging buddy? Use your minds eye and take your brain out of it. Don't peek!

Congrats on the GUIR! That's something I've yet to do and I think it's a pretty big accomplishment :)

I have no doubt it will come for you Rob. Good luck!

Well, heck - I'm not going to ignore anyone in here either. Hi Yoccos. That last post you did was just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. :D

I've liked reading along on everyone's progress and "aha" moments. I've never shot lower than 90 in my whole life, which includes about 40 years of golf, and maybe 9 months of golf where I've actively tried to get better. There's a course near me where the front and back 9s are totally different in character. The front is hilly with narrow fairways and you need to play a lot of target golf. Back 9 is challenging too, with some water, but more wide open. The last two rounds I've played there have been schizophrenic. I've shot a 58 and 56 on the front nine, and then turned in a 40 and 43 on the back nine.

So along with my goals of shooting regularly in the 80s, I'm asking myself what I have learned and what I could do differently.

Plan on laying up a bit farther back so I have more full shots into the green, rather than half or 3/4 shots.
Remember that I'm not always able to work the ball successfully. Better to hit a shorter straighter shot, than rely on my ability to fade or draw at will.

I'm close to shooting in the 80s for my first time ever. Last year I didn't break 100 at all. This year I'm shooting high 90s, but I'm hitting some of the best shots I've ever hit, and more of these in each round. If I work mentally to guard against my blow up holes, I'm really close.

Yoccos. Shhhhh don't tell nobody, but I've been workabilitying the ball from the trees too hehe.

Thanks dude! I've found that my golf is just getting better the more I don't stress. really, thats been my big thing. I practice a lot sure but keeping it simple just works! You'll get there man, find equipment you love and be in a happy place, good things will come!

Good for you!

I hear you on the wind. I took a beating from it yesterday, especially the cross winds. Those high balls sure can get caught up in it.

Did you try that tip on lagging buddy? Use your minds eye and take your brain out of it. Don't peek!

Congrats on the GUIR! That's something I've yet to do and I think it's a pretty big accomplishment :)

Yoccos. Shhhhh don't tell nobody, but I've been workabilitying the ball from the trees too hehe.

Bruahahahahaha. Il ove to workability. I have a picture of that hybrid shot and how awesome it was lol. Those two GIUR were so much fun. I just expected to get close with the 3w and pulled out some old school Yoccos wood play :)

I actually deleted a detailed update to the Heavy Hybrid thread that explained how I workabilitied the ball a couple times this weekend.

Back