JT bringing the fire

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Just saw this post. Someone popped off about JT and his father. JT jumped all over him with the best golf comeback I have seen in a while.

That’s awesome!!

C057CDD9-C856-4111-B6C6-F82271B058E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Its a decent comeback. The best I have ever read is still Tom from Myspace.

EXJ8GDvVcAAXuNq

Good on JT. Trolls sometimes need to have their jealousy checked.

i like justin thomas, hes's probably numer 1 on my list right now in terms of favorite.

I’m all for it, social media is more troll land than ever, the nerds need their **** thrown back at them.

I get the impression this is the response JT really wanted to give him:

EXJ8GDvVcAAXuNq
$580 million payout for myspace? pretty dang good! 🤯

EXJ8GDvVcAAXuNq

That is good. But not a golf comeback. Telling someone that even his dad who is a good coach, cant help him break 90 is rich!!.

That is good. But not a golf comeback. Telling someone that even his dad who is a good coach, cant help him break 90 is rich!!.

It could also say that the coach sucks, right? :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't JT's dad a club pro? Hardly makes him a trust fund baby. It means his Dad worked his ass off and found time to help his kid become a great golfer.

It could also say that the coach sucks, right? :ROFLMAO:

Haha. Well, he has at least one success story.. And it is a pretty good one.

Love that he answered that and with a decent response as well. Like it or not if you are on social you have to deal with the trolls

Wasn't JT's dad a club pro? Hardly makes him a trust fund baby. It means his Dad worked his ass off and found time to help his kid become a great golfer.

Thats why he said "golfs version" I would assume. Meaning grew up at the course, with a club in his hand.

He still is a club pro at Harmony Landing in Louisville. It's not a super rich club or anything so I doubt he was getting paid super big bucks. Probably a mid level country club pro job.

Thats why he said "golfs version" I would assume. Meaning grew up at the course, with a club in his hand.

That's what I got as well. So his dad worked at a club and he had playing privileges as a kid. I think JT still worked really hard and was committed to the game. It is not like have a club pro dad is some kind of golden ticket.

That's what I got as well. So his dad worked at a club and he had playing privileges as a kid. I think JT still worked really hard and was committed to the game. It is not like have a club pro dad is some kind of golden ticket.

Of course he did. Anybody that thinks otherwise is crazy.
But I also think ignoring growing up at a private club with a private coach.
Which FWIW nobody should have an issue with. Golf is an aspirational game and he got a chance to take it up and became great at it.

Of course he did. Anybody that thinks otherwise is crazy.
But I also think ignoring growing up at a private club with a private coach.
Which FWIW nobody should have an issue with. Golf is an aspirational game and he got a chance to take it up and became great at it.

Sure.. Of course. Getting good at golf (or really anything) takes two things, time and money. There are ways around one or the other it to some extent. For example, have a dad in the game so you get free coaching and free playing time, and discounted gear. Or have lots of money for coaching, tee times, practice, gear, etc.

Or be dirt poor, but willing to work you butt off and put in the time to make up the difference. ala Trevino, Seve, or KJ Choi.

Got it. A quick search says there are a bit over 15K golf courses in the US so there are plenty of kids that had that opportunity and there aren’t 1K kids like Justin. Certainly an advantage and there are plenty of PGA pros with golf pros for parents but it still requires the work.

not the greatest comeback really but i applaud the effort to respond to a douchey comment from a shallow, insecure keyboard warrior

I can just imagine the amount of one liners that is on display in a Spieth/Thomas/Fowler/Smylie outing.

I can just imagine the amount of one liners that is on display in a Spieth/Thomas/Fowler/Smylie outing.

Guessing smylie getting the majority of the burn. as he is be far the spare tire of the group..

Last edited:
Love that he answered that and with a decent response as well. Like it or not if you are on social you have to deal with the trolls
If I was a high profile sports personality I'd probably forego social media altogether.

Back