JT bringing the fire

Love it. Good for JT in putting the idiot in his place

That's putting it nicely :LOL:

I wonder if the rest of them have a group chat. With questions like. “Who is paying for Smylie this trip”. Or “do we really need to invite him? I mean we don’t bring our caddies”...

JT bringing the white kid country club clap back haha

I have no problem with public figures throwing some shade back at people....I think most largely ignore that crap...but if you happen to see something and have a nice comeback to fire back at that person....go for it. I mean ideally guys should be using this for fan engagement/brand development so if "fans" want to engage in some verbal warfare...be ready to catch some return fire from time to time....

The trolling is the absolute worst part of social media. So many want to bash others. For why? What do they gain? I have no idea..

I think it's hilarious he put that troll in his place, but I also think it'd be more fun to see him respond to someone who actually likes him.

Make someone's day, don't waste time on a turd like that living in jealousy.

I think it's hilarious he put that troll in his place, but I also think it'd be more fun to see him respond to someone who actually likes him.

Make someone's day, don't waste time on a turd like that living in jealousy.

I have always found that side of this stuff interesting... It seems more often than not the troll responses are the only ones that incite a response.

I have always found that side of this stuff interesting... It seems more often than not the troll responses are the only ones that incite a response.

You know who is actually pretty engaging? Bryson. He is responded to a few posts I have made on this Instagram page. All questions about what he was doing. I thought it was great.

it's funny as hell, and I love that he did it.

But, imagine the story a fan would have if JT commented on their post. Use that energy for the positive.

You know who is actually pretty engaging? Bryson. He is responded to a few posts I have made on this Instagram page. All questions about what he was doing. I thought it was great.

Bryson and Phil both mix it up on social with the fans. You know that person has their day made and it is wonderful for the game.

Bryson and Phil both mix it up on social with the fans. You know that person has their day made and it is wonderful for the game.

Absolutely! I am not the biggest Bryson fan, but I can definitely appreciate the interaction with fans.

No clue why he’d waste time with a troll but the reply probably gave him a chuckle so what the heck.

JT is a classy guy and this moment is great.

If I was a high profile sports personality I'd probably forego social media altogether.

Yup. Stay away...stay very far away.

Yup. Stay away...stay very far away.

I would dive right in. You kind of have to these days. Worst case have someone manage it for me.

I would dive right in. You kind of have to these days. Worst case have someone manage it for me.

Maybe this is what I would do. As you said, pros basically need to have social media profiles to promote sponsors, branding, etc. But I think I would have a social media manager as I don't think I would want to be bothered by all the nonsense.

Maybe this is what I would do. As you said, pros basically need to have social media profiles to promote sponsors, branding, etc. But I think I would have a social media manager as I don't think I would want to be bothered by all the nonsense.

The biggest issue with a manager is having it feel authentic. People can tell if it is basically managed propaganda. Phil does a great job with his stuff. Bryson's you can tell is managed but it still feels pretty honest.

The biggest issue with a manager is having it feel authentic. People can tell if it is basically managed propaganda. Phil does a great job with his stuff. Bryson's you can tell is managed but it still feels pretty honest.

I was thinking about the authentic aspect as I was writing my previous response. Maybe have the manager tell me something along the lines of "hey this person said this, do you want to respond?" Then again, the issue is how does the person know if it was the actual pro or not. The struggles of social media. This also got me thinking, I wonder how many pros manage their own social media accounts.

I was thinking about the authentic aspect as I was writing my previous response. Maybe have the manager tell me something along the lines of "hey this person said this, do you want to respond?" Then again, the issue is how does the person know if it was the actual pro or not. The struggles of social media. This also got me thinking, I wonder how many pros manage their own social media accounts.

you for sure have to be careful. There are a whole bunch of people combing through celebrity social media posts looking to be offended.

This is something that needs to be happening more often. As someone who loves to watch golf clips on Youtube, the golfing community is filled with some of the most toxic trolls out there. Everyone seems to be the greatest golfer in the world over the keyboard criticizing those who are putting themselves out there.

What does it say about his dad as a teacher if he can't help the troll break 90?

It was definitely a sick burn, but I agree with others here that it would be better to interact positively with fans.

I wonder if the rest of them have a group chat. With questions like. “Who is paying for Smylie this trip”. Or “do we really need to invite him? I mean we don’t bring our caddies”...
:LOL::LOL::LOL: i would not bet against this being what is really happening. they have one whatsapp convo titled "with Smylie" and one titled "without Smylie"

It could also say that the coach sucks, right? :ROFLMAO:

No. What it says is that the potential student is so devoid of talent that he can't be helped!

What does it say about his dad as a teacher if he can't help the troll break 90?

It was definitely a sick burn, but I agree with others here that it would be better to interact positively with fans.

See above. And the "troll" was definitely NOT a fan! Screw him!

Back