Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
So prior to my Arizona vacation I was unaware these even existed. Fortunately @mtbloco let me try his driver. It was enough for me to purchase one. Today I was making great contact with my driver again, it had been a while. It was not great as fas as dispersion , but it was much better. Anyone else playing these?

Thank you sir. Not sure how I missed that in the past. Not much action but they are back ordered currently in several sizes.

did you come from standard grips?

Mid and Mid+4. My left miss is completely gone.

my sub70s will have mid sized grips...I was playing the cp2 pro mids till I re-shafted the 565s...I do have more of a draw with the standard grips that came on the amt’s...

what size jumbo grip did you switch to?

Well hello hello there guys. I suppose I am The Godfather of JumboMax in AZ (and OL if I can puff my chest a bit? Yes I'm an odd duck)

I play the Str8 Tech, which only comes in medium now comes in medium and XL. I went with that for the embedded Arccos. It's a heavier grip, 105/120 for M/XL. @mtbloco has the UltraLite as does @Wildcat4life, I think Medium for both but not sure. The UltraLites are slightly lighter than most regular grips, but pretty close (40-50g)

My results:
I am much more square at impact. I can still slice or hook sometimes (not as much as before), but my start line is more consistently where I want.
Also, since the grips do a lot to reduce wrist action, when I do leak shots, they don't tend to move as much as in the past.
I personally find them much more comfortable to grip, although that's a very subjective thing.
For me, durability has been great. I only use one iron for range practice (the same one), and its grip is still in great shape.
I enjoy the lighter swingweight, although it's not for everyone. The UltraLites are great because it should only change by a point or two.

Let me know if you wonder anything else

Well hello hello there guys. I suppose I am The Godfather of JumboMax in AZ (and OL if I can puff my chest a bit? Yes I'm an odd duck)

I play the Str8 Tech, which only comes in medium now comes in medium and XL. I went with that for the embedded Arccos. It's a heavier grip, 105/120 for M/XL. @mtbloco has the UltraLite as does @Wildcat4life, I think Medium for both but not sure. The UltraLites are slightly lighter than most regular grips, but pretty close (40-50g)

My results:
I am much more square at impact. I can still slice or hook sometimes (not as much as before), but my start line is more consistently where I want.
Also, since the grips do a lot to reduce wrist action, when I do leak shots, they don't tend to move as much as in the past.
I personally find them much more comfortable to grip, although that's a very subjective thing.
For me, durability has been great. I only use one iron for range practice (the same one), and its grip is still in great shape.
I enjoy the lighter swingweight, although it's not for everyone. The UltraLites are great because it should only change by a point or two.

Let me know if you wonder anything else
I have Large UltraLites.
My hand fatigue has been greatly reduced with theses. 20-30 shots with a standard grip even with graphite shafts in the standard grip clubs, it’s noticeable how the larger grips reduce post round hand aches.

what size jumbo grip did you switch to?
I did their sizing chart and went XL. I’d like to try the medium I think. However those are currently out of stock.

I'd really like to try one of these - Wish PGATSS carried them....

I was thinking of changing from standard to midsize grips hoping these would help me to be less "wristy" with my swing. Might have to look at these too.

I was thinking of changing from standard to midsize grips hoping these would help me to be less "wristy" with my swing. Might have to look at these too.
If you’re wristy these will help. Seriously. I’m loving them.

So another day hitting driver with the JumboMax and I’m sold. Even the guys I play with are talking. Don’t wanna change my swing weights so I’m on hold until they get more in stock. I think small and XL are currently available. I may be putting them on all my clubs. Hits some real boomers today with driver.

I definitely want to give these a try. I currently play oversized grips anyway, and the JumboMax sound like they'd be good for my big paws! I do tend to get wristy, especially with the driver, which leads to some....less than desirable...results.

I definitely want to give these a try. I currently play oversized grips anyway, and the JumboMax sound like they'd be good for my big paws! I do tend to get wristy, especially with the driver, which leads to some....less than desirable...results.
It’s eliminated the pull hook for me. I’ve pulled a couple but no pull hook. I’m actually looking forward to hitting driver now.

It’s eliminated the pull hook for me. I’ve pulled a couple but no pull hook. I’m actually looking forward to hitting driver now.
Pull hook would be my main miss with the driver. Definitely need to give these a try!

Pull hook would be my main miss with the driver. Definitely need to give these a try!
Yes that is one of my misses. These grips seem so odd until to swing with one.

I have a question about Jumbo Max grips that I hope someone can answer. Arthritis in my fingers (especially on my left hand) keeps me from being able to fully secure my grip. I switched to jumbo size grips and it helps but was wondering if the Jumbo Max grips might serve me better. Are they larger than normal jumbo grips? Any responses would be most appreciated.

I have a question about Jumbo Max grips that I hope someone can answer. Arthritis in my fingers (especially on my left hand) keeps me from being able to fully secure my grip. I switched to jumbo size grips and it helps but was wondering if the Jumbo Max grips might serve me better. Are they larger than normal jumbo grips? Any responses would be most appreciated.
They are much larger. They are very easy to grip. No need to squeeze. I’d say yes. Seems like the sizes seem to go by glove size. But they do sell a test pack to try out two different sizes.

Back