Junkyard - "Paying it Forward", THP Style

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Since I've been working from home I've had the opportunity to do some cleaning around the house and have come across several golf items that I don't use and I would like to see them go to people who will. If you would like an item, reply to this post. Items will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Once I confirm the THPers they can send me their details via PM. I won't be shipping anything until the pandemic settles down, but at least can get everything packaged up and ready to go.

Item #1 - Odyssey "Las Vegas" blade putter cover. This cover has been used, and has wear on one side as shown in the photographs. It could be a gamer for someone, or a nice addition to a collection if that's your thing.
20200408_165708.jpg20200408_165718.jpg

Item #2 - Titleist Cart Mitts. New and unused. Great to keep your hands warm on those late-season rounds.
20200408_162332.jpg

Item #3 - Second Skin Brantford Golf & Country Club Nylon Jacket size Medium. Full-zip nylon jacket with full-length sleeves and 'since 1867' logo on front. New and unworn.
20200408_165739.jpg

Item #4 - History of the Golf Ball ceramic plaque. This would look great in any golf-related man cave or office. It was given to me by someone who wasn't a golfer, and awesome as it is I just don't see myself ever hanging it.
20200408_162239.jpg

Great gesture! I'd totally use those mittens in the spring and fall golf. I am just across the lake from you so experience pretty much the same weather conditions. on the course in April and October :)

I'll take the titleist mitts....needed them a month ago, but I'll still give them a good home.

Edit- @YukonLiving can take the cart mitts. I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love the cart mitts if they’re still available. I’m up in Canada though so would offer to pay for shipping...

Edit - see that you’re also in Canada! 🇨🇦

Last edited:
Awesome job junkyard!

Awesome gesture!:cool:

Really nice gesture!

Nice.....

Mr. Junkyard, I see the jacket is from Brantford Golf & Country Club. I took the course tour online. Looks like an outstanding place to play Golf!

Great gesture! I'd totally use those mittens in the spring and fall golf. I am just across the lake from you so experience pretty much the same weather conditions. on the course in April and October :)

You got 'em! PM me your information when you have a minute.

I'll take the titleist mitts....needed them a month ago, but I'll still give them a good home.

Edit- @YukonLiving can take the cart mitts. I'm cool with that.

Very gracious of you sir - that's what I love about THP

I would absolutely love the cart mitts if they’re still available. I’m up in Canada though so would offer to pay for shipping...

Edit - see that you’re also in Canada! 🇨🇦

I think I have a second pair here somewhere.- gotta help a fellow Canuck! PM me your information when you have a minute

Great gesture on your part to do this. If no one has spoken for the Putter Cover, I'd like to put my name in the hat.
I've never seen one with that design.
Cheers!

I used to have the matching grip on my putter, which ironically is not an Odyssey:mad:. I just loved the graphics. Loved them so much I actually burned through two grips and two head covers over the years. I believe this was the third cover, but I can't find the matching grip anymore. Besides, I picked up a sweet Dormie cover from a local course a couple of years back. I just couldn't bring myself to toss this cover though... PM me your information when you have a chance.

Mr. Junkyard, I see the jacket is from Brantford Golf & Country Club. I took the course tour online. Looks like an outstanding place to play Golf!

Yes it is. While I'm not a member, I started out getting access by purchasing a charity threesome every year (donated by a member). Then I started to discover people I knew who were members. Then I started helping out the ice techs with curling in the winter and then I became an ice technician myself. Played in the member/guest the last three years. I've got some pictures of the course here somewhere, I'll try to dig them out and start a new thread tomorrow with some of the highlight holes.

I think I have a second pair here somewhere.- gotta help a fellow Canuck! PM me your information when you have a minute

That is incredibly gracious of you! Cheers!

Super cool

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes it is. While I'm not a member, I started out getting access by purchasing a charity threesome every year (donated by a member). Then I started to discover people I knew who were members. Then I started helping out the ice techs with curling in the winter and then I became an ice technician myself. Played in the member/guest the last three years. I've got some pictures of the course here somewhere, I'll try to dig them out and start a new thread tomorrow with some of the highlight holes.
It's interesting that you are also a curler. There's a few Golf Courses in Manitoba that combine a Curling Rink with a Golf Clubhouse. In the summer, the Curling Rink is used as a Indoor parking garage for the Golf Carts. In the winter, the Clubhouse is used by the Curling cub. I used to curl a little as well. Twenty years ago, I took a curling refresher at our local rink.
The teacher was Don Duguid. He was such a nice guy and had some great stories.
The one take away I got was how little you adjust in the hack for a shot to the 12 foot rings. To demonstrate, he put a rock on the center line @ the hack. He tied yarn to the handle and to the end of his broom. He then went to the far end & tightened up the yarn. When he moved from the Pin to far 12 foot, the yarn only moved 1 inch off the center line in the Hack. Amazing.

It's interesting that you are also a curler. There's a few Golf Courses in Manitoba that combine a Curling Rink with a Golf Clubhouse. In the summer, the Curling Rink is used as a Indoor parking garage for the Golf Carts. In the winter, the Clubhouse is used by the Curling cub. I used to curl a little as well. Twenty years ago, I took a curling refresher at

The one take away I got was how little you adjust in the hack for a shot to the 12 foot rings. To demonstrate, he put a rock on the center line @ the hack. He tied yarn to the handle and to the end of his broom. He then went to the far end & tightened up the yarn. When he moved from the Pin to far 12 foot, the yarn only moved 1 inch off the center line in the Hack. Amazing.

The club that I curl out of and prepare ice for is curling only, however the Country Club here in town is combined Golf/Curling. I'd say there are more curling-only facilities in Ontario, but there is a fair share of combined facilities. IMO the largest issue with curling is cost, but not in the way you think. Running a curling club is expensive - my club averages $1000 per week in hydro to run the ice plant. Due to competition, we can only charge so much for a membership. When you break it down, I always challenge people to find another activity you can do as cheaply as you can curl.

Probably the greatest mistake I see new curlers make is the huge diagonal slide they make when you call a shot out on the wings, because they think they need to get the rock "way out there". We use the string demonstration in our learn-to-curl classes and it opens a lot of eyes. The second factor is how little force you need to get that rock all the way to the other end. It's probably the golf equivalent of putting on greens that stimp out around 20.

Sincere thanks for the mitts!! I just got your parcel in the mail after work! They’ll be great today - it’s going to be around 10*C and raining by the time we tee off.

Cheers!

Thanks @Junkyard ! Mitts are great. Much appreciated!

I would be interested in that jacket. I'm a size medium if it hasn't been spoken for. =)

Back