CONTEST Junkyard's Bushnell Giveaway

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Okay THP I know from time to time there are others looking for a recommendation and/or a good deal on a rangefinder for golf. I am fortunate in that I have recently upgraded my technology to a newer model, so I think it's high time I have a contest and pass along my old model to someone who doesn't have one and can take advantage. Here are the details:

1. the rangefinder up for grabs is a well-travelled but working Bushnell Tour V2. No fancy jolt, no slope, just accurate yardages to any point you can pinpoint on the course.
2. you must be a 2020 Albatross member to be eligible
3. weather permitting I will play three rounds at my home course this weekend: guess my average score to win this rangefinder. The current forecast for the weekend is clear, so your first guess is the three round average (ie. scores of 80, 85 and 82 would equal 82.33) Your second guess is for a two round average in case the forecast changes (ie. scores of 90 and 80 would equal 85) In the highly unlikely event that a tie-breaker is required, predict how many birdies I will have on the Lakes nine during the first round played with that rotation (hint: holes 1, 2, 3 and 8 are decent opportunities)

The THPer who posts the closest guess to the actual average score will receive the range finder. In order to help with your guess, here are the scores from my last few rounds:
HCP1.jpgHCP2.jpg
Entries will be accepting up to my Saturday morning tee time, which is 7:00 AM EST. Good luck! Any questions please ask.

Awesome gesture!! (y)(y)

Awesome gesture! I am still sporting a well used and traveled V3 so am not entering. Good luck to those that do!

Awesome giveaway.
3 round average 79.33333333333333333
2 round average 79
2 birdies

You rock! I love Bushnell rangefinders, there’s going to be one lucky THPer out there!

I'll go with 80.

And then I'll go with 79 and 2 birdies.

Thanks!

Nice gesture man!

I'll play!

3 birdies.

Very good of you sir, I have a bushnell and this is awesome

awesome gesture!

Great gesture! Currently I do not have a rangefinder, and my daughter manages to wipe my GPS watch into her bag. Lol. Thx for chance!
3 rd ave: 80.333333
2 rd ave: 79
Birdies: 1 (out of the first rd first 9 on Lakes course)

3 round average 81.15
2 round average 81.33
# of birdies 2

very generous!

Last edited:
Awesome gesture!

I love to see THPers giving back! Thank you for running contest!

4 birdies

Awesome idea man! Good luck everyone!

I will go with 81.
79 and 3 birdies
Cool contest. Enjoy the round

Nice gesture, @Junkyard! Not entering as I already have a rangefinder, but kudos to you for your generosity and good luck to all the entrants!

I might be there this weekend, but not at 7 am!! :sleep:

Here's my guesses:

3 rounds: 78.33
2 rounds: 79.5
Birdies: I'm cheering for four but going to guess 1

Thanks man!

Awesome gesture! Good luck all!

1. 79.85
2. 81.3
3. 2 birdies

Round 1 is in the books with a score of 77. We started off on the Lakes, and it took a 40 foot bomb but I managed to make a lone bird. Had good looks at others, but they just wouldn't drop. Don't panic though, the birdie guess is only a qualifier in the event of a tie, so everyone is still in the running.

And judging by the averages predicted, I'd better keep my A game goingo_O

Well Mother Nature decided that I wasn't going to golf today; it was quite the storm when I awoke at 5:30 this morning.

Please join me in congratulating @BulldogGolfNut whose guess was a half stroke away from my 78.5 average. It was the lone birdie on the Lakes nine that sealed the deal.

@BulldogGolfNut send me a PM with your address info and I will get the Bushnell out to you this week. Thanks to all for participating!

Back