Junkyard's Shameless Appeal to THP

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you may have read my post in the banter away thread; if not, here's the coles notes version. Everyone who was going to travel to Florida with me has had to drop out due to medical issues which leaves me on my own. I'm looking to meet up with THPers and make it a two or even three-day trip down, having a blast on the way. Call it a mini-version of @HarlettoScara's 2022 US tour.

Those of you who have met me at the Ohio spring fling or the Bourbon bash know that Ohio and Kentucky are both options within reasonable distance of I75. When I say reasonable distance I mean two to three hours. Alternately I wouldn't be offended if I got to go to PA and play Olde Stonewall, followed by NC and Tobacco Road, or just about anything in between. Looking at Google, TR is about 14 hrs so that would be day one's travel if I was to do that. Meet up, enjoy some time at TR with others, and then move on down to GA where @Browndog would hopefully have me at his course.

It worked for pkorf when he needed someone for his member-guest; so I ask you THP: anybody interested?

First off, did Cole kill Cliff?

Second, that sounds awesome. :love:

I'm never on the route of others' travel but I hope you have a great time! No doubt that you get together with some quality THPers!

I’m fairly certain that this will work out. THPers are good people.

I'm a bit out of your way... but if you decide to swing this far west, let me know :ROFLMAO:

Depending on dates I could possible make the trip up to meet you and @Browndog

What are the dates and what does the route look like?
The original plan was to leave early morning this Saturday the 8th, however now that I am on my own I can leave as early as Friday afternoon/evening depending on where I need to be.

The route can be pretty much whatever I want it to be, but I have two main arteries south: I75 from Toledo or I79 from Erie. Essentially when I did the Columbus get-together I left around midnight and was there at 7 AM. When we did Louisville I left at 10 and was there at 7 AM. So it really doesn't matter all that much to me.

If I can't work anything out, I'd probably leave Friday evening and hit a couple distilleries in the Louisville area Saturday morning. I didn't get to tour Buffalo Trace the last time, and looking at their availability I'm not going to get to tour it this time either :rolleyes: From there I would head over toward Tobacco Road with plans on playing there Sunday. Following that I would get down to @Browndog territory and hopefully get a round with him Monday morning before finishing the drive to Naples.

Essentially I figure since I'm going to be doing the drive by myself if I can hook up with a THPer or two (or more) then I'll just split it into three days. I'm in no hurry to get to Florida, and I'm on vacation and by myself so the decisions are easy to make.

I’m fairly certain that this will work out. THPers are good people.
You're darn right they are! I consider myself very fortunate to be considered one of them(y)

Depending on dates I could possible make the trip up to meet you and @Browndog
You need to get yourself better sir. Remember that I will have my own vehicle, so if it doesn't happen on the way down I will come up one day and share a cart with you.

I'm a bit out of your way... but if you decide to swing this far west, let me know :ROFLMAO:
Just a touch, but you're the same time and distance as my original Florida destination, so if that doesn't work out maybe I'll hit the flat states.....

If I wasn’t all the way on the west coast, I’d be down to meet up and play.

The original plan was to leave early morning this Saturday the 8th, however now that I am on my own I can leave as early as Friday afternoon/evening depending on where I need to be.

The route can be pretty much whatever I want it to be, but I have two main arteries south: I75 from Toledo or I79 from Erie. Essentially when I did the Columbus get-together I left around midnight and was there at 7 AM. When we did Louisville I left at 10 and was there at 7 AM. So it really doesn't matter all that much to me.

If I can't work anything out, I'd probably leave Friday evening and hit a couple distilleries in the Louisville area Saturday morning. I didn't get to tour Buffalo Trace the last time, and looking at their availability I'm not going to get to tour it this time either :rolleyes: From there I would head over toward Tobacco Road with plans on playing there Sunday. Following that I would get down to @Browndog territory and hopefully get a round with him Monday morning before finishing the drive to Naples.

Essentially I figure since I'm going to be doing the drive by myself if I can hook up with a THPer or two (or more) then I'll just split it into three days. I'm in no hurry to get to Florida, and I'm on vacation and by myself so the decisions are easy to make.
Monday October 10th is a go! I’ll let @brotherdave know.
If you want to stay overnight at the house with us and get some fresh local seafood for dinner you are more than welcome.

Man. Really wish I could go meet you up at TR.
Sunday is my son's birthday.

Damn.

Man, would love to tee it up again but I don’t open till the 9th, and even then I don’t think I could get away (@KY Golfer and @LLIB)

if you come though Cincy before though at a resonable hour (no earlier than 6 am) I’d be up for a quick bite if you needed a drive time break

Best of luck I am sure you will find someone to tee it up with!

Some of you may have read my post in the banter away thread; if not, here's the coles notes version. Everyone who was going to travel to Florida with me has had to drop out due to medical issues which leaves me on my own. I'm looking to meet up with THPers and make it a two or even three-day trip down, having a blast on the way. Call it a mini-version of @HarlettoScara's 2022 US tour.

Those of you who have met me at the Ohio spring fling or the Bourbon bash know that Ohio and Kentucky are both options within reasonable distance of I75. When I say reasonable distance I mean two to three hours. Alternately I wouldn't be offended if I got to go to PA and play Olde Stonewall, followed by NC and Tobacco Road, or just about anything in between. Looking at Google, TR is about 14 hrs so that would be day one's travel if I was to do that. Meet up, enjoy some time at TR with others, and then move on down to GA where @Browndog would hopefully have me at his course.

It worked for pkorf when he needed someone for his member-guest; so I ask you THP: anybody interested?
I don't know how close to Georgia you wanna be Sunday but @LLIB & I are supposed to play somewhere around 10AM and you are more than welcome to join us. I didn't get to play with ya at the Bash so this would be awesome. We actually planned to go to Elks Run in Cincinnati last week and it didn't work out so we may end up there.

Last edited:
I just know this is going to be awesome! Great road trip, meeting up with THP’ers, play some golf… perfect!

Sounds like you gotta pass right by my neighborhood on the trip down I-75 from Toledo. If you let me know what time you’ll be around I-275 I’d be happy to link up for a coffee and/or some range balls

I’m gone through Saturday the eighth for work and if Sunday the ninth is ago at TR I will be happy to play if it’s in the morning because I moved yesterday and I have a lot of stuff to do still

I'm never on the route of others' travel but I hope you have a great time! No doubt that you get together with some quality THPers!
Next time I make my way to Choteau I'll let you know.

This sounds like a cool trip. Want to play TR some day.

Back