Junkyard's Shameless Appeal to THP

It’s a big might, but I might be able to play Sunday at Tobacco Road. Will have to consult with the powers that be. Pray for my safety.

I'm never on the route of others' travel but I hope you have a great time! No doubt that you get together with some quality THPers!
We should meet up and play in Coeur d'Alene sometime...just saying. :) I need an excuse to go back there. hahaha

Oh heck yeah!
Never been there in my life. Google mapped a weird town name :ROFLMAO:

Edit: now I feel bad for this. You're to nice of a guy for this joke lol.

Last edited:
Hey @Junkyard how long is the drive to Cincinnati? Think you could be here for an 11am tee time on Saturday?

Caveat is that we just punched our greens so it'll be a bit underwhelming.

The original plan was to leave early morning this Saturday the 8th, however now that I am on my own I can leave as early as Friday afternoon/evening depending on where I need to be.

The route can be pretty much whatever I want it to be, but I have two main arteries south: I75 from Toledo or I79 from Erie. Essentially when I did the Columbus get-together I left around midnight and was there at 7 AM. When we did Louisville I left at 10 and was there at 7 AM. So it really doesn't matter all that much to me.

If I can't work anything out, I'd probably leave Friday evening and hit a couple distilleries in the Louisville area Saturday morning. I didn't get to tour Buffalo Trace the last time, and looking at their availability I'm not going to get to tour it this time either :rolleyes: From there I would head over toward Tobacco Road with plans on playing there Sunday. Following that I would get down to @Browndog I'm on vacation and by myself so the decisions are easy to make.
That's my favorite way to vacation, nice thing is my wife feels the same way! 😂

Hey @Junkyard how long is the drive to Cincinnati? Think you could be here for an 11am tee time on Saturday?

I’ll make sure to honk three times on my way to soccer

Never been there in my life. Google mapped a weird town name :ROFLMAO:

Edit: now I feel bad for this. You're to nice of a guy for this joke lol.
That hurts 😔

We should meet up and play in Coeur d'Alene sometime...just saying. :) I need an excuse to go back there. hahaha
I've only played it once...I'd be down!

Looks like you're not going to be near me in NE Ohio, which is a bummer.

Wow driving right through Michigan and not even a mention

@Junkyard have a great great trip - looking back, I wish I had done this last fall when I had a similar chance - I was between jobs was supposed to meet a buddy in SC for golf, he cancelled last minute - and I was then going to go to KY for golf and bourbon (odd right?). It never dawned on me to do what you are doing - and I am kicking myself that I failed to see it and do what you are doing.

Anyway, with us between houses (presently in a small condo), and with work and my kid moving - I am sorry to say that I cannot participate - but I will follow closely, and hope there is another chance in the future to golf or share a meal with you.

Drive safe and enjoy every minute of this trip. I look forward to reading about it, and know there will be photos galore - which will look fantastic as well. Thanks for doing what I was too stupid to think of doing myself - I envy your creativity!

I'd play with you at Olde Stonewall in PA ... that's not far from me. (y)

Sadly, I am not able to play TR on Sunday. It looks like tee times are only available after 2 and the price is, well, pricey.

Sadly, I am not able to play TR on Sunday. It looks like tee times are only available after 2 and the price is, well, pricey.
I have a tee time with friends on Sunday or I'd find a way to play with you guys, but yeah TR is :oops: right now

I have a tee time with friends on Sunday or I'd find a way to play with you guys, but yeah TR is :oops: right now
It was in absolutely perfect condition when we played a month ago, but it's a lot for me to drop on a round.

It was in absolutely perfect condition when we played a month ago, but it's a lot for me to drop on a round.
Tot Hill Farm is available for a lower price Sunday :unsure: I can cancel my round with a friend to play with some THPers and curse at a hard course

About 7 hours. I can easily be there for an 11 am tee time. Just let me check something - BRB

Back