Junkyard's Shameless Appeal to THP

Sadly, I am not able to play TR on Sunday. It looks like tee times are only available after 2 and the price is, well, pricey.
Yeah, after looking at the rates for TR I now remember why I've never played there :oops:

I don't know how close to Georgia you wanna be Sunday but @LLIB & I are supposed to play somewhere around 10AM and you are more than welcome to join us. I didn't get to play with ya at the Bash so this would be awesome. We actually planned to go to Elks Run in Cincinnati last week and it didn't work out so we may end up there.
PM incoming

Wow driving right through Michigan and not even a mention

I literally pass through the tiniest corner of the state......

Alright so here's what I'm currently pondering:
- 11 AM Saturday with @Canadan
- 10 AM Sunday with @KY Golfer
- ? Monday with @Browndog and @brotherdave

It's an easy 7 hours to get to Cincinatti, so I could leave at midnight Friday and probably even get a nap in on the way. The challenge is the short hop to Louisville, which is only a couple of hours but hey they have bourbon so it's not the worst place in the world to need to kill time. It's the 11 hours to get from there to browndog's stomping grounds, but sleep is over-rated right?
Or, breaky in Cincy with scoob, golf with dan, then play tourist Sunday while making my way down to browndog territory. Golf with them Monday and then cruise into Naples. Hit those I missed on the way back up?
Or, I could do 5 hours to Elwood and play Stonewall with golfinnut, then 6 to Louisville for a Sunday round. Or 5 to Stonewall and then take my time getting down to browndog. But then I miss out on golf with KY Golfer and Canadan.... Of course, I do have to drive back north in about 9 days time;)

Above all else, I feel worst about asking for options and then having to turn someone away. I'm kinda leaning toward option 2, since it might give me a chance to at least meet @KY Golfer and @LLIB somewhere for a drink without it being a huge time investment.

Alright so here's what I'm currently pondering:
- 11 AM Saturday with @Canadan
- 10 AM Sunday with @KY Golfer
- ? Monday with @Browndog and @brotherdave

It's an easy 7 hours to get to Cincinatti, so I could leave at midnight Friday and probably even get a nap in on the way. The challenge is the short hop to Louisville, which is only a couple of hours but hey they have bourbon so it's not the worst place in the world to need to kill time. It's the 11 hours to get from there to browndog's stomping grounds, but sleep is over-rated right?
Or, breaky in Cincy with scoob, golf with dan, then play tourist Sunday while making my way down to browndog territory. Golf with them Monday and then cruise into Naples. Hit those I missed on the way back up?
Or, I could do 5 hours to Elwood and play Stonewall with golfinnut, then 6 to Louisville for a Sunday round. Or 5 to Stonewall and then take my time getting down to browndog. But then I miss out on golf with KY Golfer and Canadan.... Of course, I do have to drive back north in about 9 days time;)

Above all else, I feel worst about asking for options and then having to turn someone away. I'm kinda leaning toward option 2, since it might give me a chance to at least meet @KY Golfer and @LLIB somewhere for a drink without it being a huge time investment.
Buddy you do what you need to do. No hard feelings for sure If the logistics don't work out this trip, we will definitely get together again eventually. Maybe even the trip home.

@Junkyard have a great great trip - looking back, I wish I had done this last fall when I had a similar chance - I was between jobs was supposed to meet a buddy in SC for golf, he cancelled last minute - and I was then going to go to KY for golf and bourbon (odd right?). It never dawned on me to do what you are doing - and I am kicking myself that I failed to see it and do what you are doing.

Anyway, with us between houses (presently in a small condo), and with work and my kid moving - I am sorry to say that I cannot participate - but I will follow closely, and hope there is another chance in the future to golf or share a meal with you.

Drive safe and enjoy every minute of this trip. I look forward to reading about it, and know there will be photos galore - which will look fantastic as well. Thanks for doing what I was too stupid to think of doing myself - I envy your creativity!
One of the advantages to being single I guess. When life gives you lemons, you can either bit** about it or make lemonade.

I will admit, my plan is usually just to cram as much golf in as possible. It's a lot more difficult (but totally worthwhile) trying to co-ordinate with other people in different cities.

@Scooby45 what are you thinking for breakfast? I've been to a WH before:LOL:

If you happen to come back up 75 from FL, let me know and we may be able to arrange something. I am in south GA about 45 minutes west of I-75. I was going to say I have next Monday off but see that you will be out in Savannah that day. I know I am off on Saturday, 10/15.

@Scooby45 what are you thinking for breakfast? I've been to a WH before:LOL:
There’s a great spot near me called All Hail the Biscuit that’s really good. Maplewood Kitchen and Taste of Belgium are also good choices.

One of the advantages to being single I guess. When life gives you lemons, you can either bit** about it or make lemonade.

I will admit, my plan is usually just to cram as much golf in as possible. It's a lot more difficult (but totally worthwhile) trying to co-ordinate with other people in different cities.
Yes it is, I'll be thinking about you all just down the road in Savannah, here's hoping there is a next time.

Play well and stay well.

I am really enjoying the waffling for a better offer here hahahaha damn 😄
That certainly wasn't how it was meant; I'm honestly trying to make the driving as practical/efficient as possible.

If the offer still stands I'm there! Breakfast with @Scooby45 followed by 18 with @Canadan - could there be a better start to a road trip?

There’s a great spot near me called All Hail the Biscuit that’s really good. Maplewood Kitchen and Taste of Belgium are also good choices.
Something around 8:30 sound good? Pick a spot and I'm there.

If you happen to come back up 75 from FL, let me know and we may be able to arrange something. I am in south GA about 45 minutes west of I-75. I was going to say I have next Monday off but see that you will be out in Savannah that day. I know I am off on Saturday, 10/15.
It will be the following weekend, the 22nd. I'll definitely be in touch.

@brotherdave and I are at your disposal on Monday. Anytime you want to get here is okay with us. You tell us what works best.

Our course is Sapelo Hammock Golf Club and it is about 7 miles or so East of Highway 95 and 45 minutes South of Savannah.

If you want to stay overnight and drive to Naples on Tuesday we got you covered for food and lodging.

Love seeing things like this work out for THPer's! This place really is the best in the world!

That certainly wasn't how it was meant; I'm honestly trying to make the driving as practical/efficient as possible.

If the offer still stands I'm there! Breakfast with @Scooby45 followed by 18 with @Canadan - could there be a better start to a road trip?
I am just messing with you. of course it still stands!

Something around 8:30 sound good? Pick a spot and I'm there.
Just re-read all the various itineraries. If we do breakfast I'd have to be done by 8:30, maybe I'll try to catch you all after the round if you aren't trying to make haste to the next spot. If you wrap at 3 that's right around birthday party drop off which would give me a nice window to catch up I think.

@brotherdave and I are at your disposal on Monday. Anytime you want to get here is okay with us. You tell us what works best.

Our course is Sapelo Hammock Golf Club and it is about 7 miles or so East of Highway 95 and 45 minutes South of Savannah.

If you want to stay overnight and drive to Naples on Tuesday we got you covered for food and lodging.
It’s such a nice course. I’m glad you’ll get to play it @Junkyard couldn’t ask for a better host either!

Just a thought here - I did not realize that you @Junkyard were still planning to be in the area this deep into the month. I am hoping to get a tee time for @USAF Ret in Wis and me on 23 Oct (Charleston area - maybe around 0900 - give or take). I can shoot for a 3 or 4 some. Do you think that might work - where you'd be in the area still. I would love to have gone down to Savanah and played with @Browndog and @brotherdave but I still work (which sucks, plus my kid moves the week before and my wife is either leaving or coming back from travel - I don't recall right now). Anyway, let me know your thoughts - I would try to see if we could find a 4th in the area if it all panned out. @PapaJohick you up for being the 4th if this works out? Patriot's Point 23rd Oct? about 0900? Or anyone else - depending on Junkyard's response, I will move this to PMs - as I do not want to threadjack his vacation (beyond this post).

On your way back up if you pass through Charlotte area, maybe @e1iterate and I can get a round in with you. If near Greenville I might be able to make a trip down and finally play a round with @Davidhibler @PackersGirl and @MGoBlue along with you @Junkyard

On your way back up if you pass through Charlotte area, maybe @e1iterate and I can get a round in with you. If near Greenville I might be able to make a trip down and finally play a round with @Davidhibler @PackersGirl and @MGoBlue along with you @Junkyard
That would be AWESOME!!! Let’s make it so! (I MIGHT have some guest passes too… need to check whether they have expired… 😎)

Back