Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You don’t have to agree or disagree with her politically, so don’t make it about that. She was on the highest court for a long, long time. She was 87.

Rest In Peace, RBG. Cancer is awful, we can all agree on that I hope.

She was an absolute legend and will be missed. I will always remember her passion and vigor. I hope she has peace and can finally be reunited with her best buddy from the Court, Scalia.

Last edited:
I watched the movie about her life. Very inspirational lady. She battled a lot of illness in the last 5-10 years, very tough.

RIP, tough as nails. She overcame a ton and was incredibly smart

Regardless of beliefs, she is everything that makes this country great. RIP.

please, all of you, don't make a habit of this kind of stuff in here.

Let's focus on the non-political aspect of a significant individual losing their life to a piece of **** disease, or I'm going to lock the hell out of this thing.

please, all of you, don't make a habit of this kind of stuff in here.

Let's focus on the non-political aspect of a significant individual losing their life to a piece of **** disease, or I'm going to lock the hell out of this thing.
I respect the Court too much to let that kind of crap happen here.

Pretty sure the Moderator court would be unanimous on this one. Also, I want a powdered wig and fancy robe.

Sad times but a very celebrated span of service to the country. What an honor on the highest court!

Can't stand the man who appointed her and I still cried tonight. She had a level of humility to her still despite the political tenor of the court at present, and her battles with 4 types of cancer is inspiring whomever you may be. God bless, Ruth.

It is said that when our respect and faith in the Supreme Court has faded, our Democracy has as well.
Recent decisions have ceratinly strained this for many. Let's hope the Supreme Court remains for the many, for infinity...

RGB was everything you want in a jurist, and served the bench and this country well. Many of her well-reasoned and well-written decisions influence and form the application of laws to this day, and I expect will continue for years to come. She was a throwback in many wonderful ways. I am sad by this news, and wish her peace.

I met RBG one time. The woman had a huge intellect, a ton of moxie and was a fighter to the very end. Those are attributes we can all admire.

She and her husband were my law school commencement address speakers. Her husband was quite hilarious. I don’t think any of us really knew who she was back then, much less that she’d end up on the SCOTUS.

I disagree with her approach to interpreting and applying the constitution. I am always sad at the news of any person passing from cancer. F cancer.

RIP RBG!

Her friendship with Scalia was pretty special considering they were polar opposites on law.

“If you can’t disagree ardently with your colleagues about some issues of law and yet personally still be friends, get another job, for Pete’s sake,” is how Scalia once described their lifetime appointments. “As annoyed as you might be about his zinging dissent, he’s so utterly charming, so amusing, so sometimes outrageous, you can’t help but say, ‘I’m glad that he’s my friend or he’s my colleague,’ ” Ginsburg said. Sometimes, she said, she had to pinch herself to not laugh in the courtroom when Scalia said something audacious.

She was a great American. She took full advantage of the opportunities this world provided her. She worked hard, cared deeply and made a difference in people’s lives. What a life. God bless.

Tough way to die and she fought cancer like she was the heavyweight champion of the world. RIP RGB.

She was for sure a fighter. Going to be tough to find a replacement, and I'm sure that'll be a battle on its own just like the last open seat.

Had no idea she had fought cancer that many times, RIP

A legend!!!

RGB was certainly one of the most important female Americans of the last century. RIP.

Back