Justin Rose joins Ashworth

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Ok, not exactly a big switch, but I find it quite interesting. TM Adidas pushing the Ashworth brand to the fore a little bit more?

From the official release -

We are delighted to announce that Justin Rose has joined the Ashworth team and will make his switch this week at the BMW PGA Championship. For this week Justin will also use an exclusive Ashworth branded staff bag.

Ashworth has been a part of TaylorMade-adidas Golf since 2008 and is renowned for being an authentic golf brand dedicated to bringing modern style to the golf course. All Ashworth ambassadors identify themselves first and foremost as "golfers", having a unique passion for the game and the lifestyle of golf. Justin will be a great addition to the Ashworth Tour team, now numbering more than 30 players

What do you think of the scripting for Justin's first week as an Ashworth staffer? I kinda like most of it.

justin-rose-tour-outfits1.jpg

I think it looks pretty good myself. His staff bag looks really nice as well, but Freddy will always be the face of Ashworth, good to see adidas and TaylorMade push the brand a bit more though.

Sunday is awful, but the rest looks really nice, especially friday.

I like the style, it's classic without being boring.

Like the blues they picked out.

Justin was never one of the flashier Adidas guys, so I see him rolling into the Ashworth line pretty seamlessly. And, it's a classy, younger guy that can help bring a younger demo into the brand. Plus, he's a hell of a player to boot.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

There is one thing that comes out of this that is worthwhile.
He will no longer look like a giant blueberry in his all blue adidas thing he called an outfit.

He will no longer look like a giant blueberry in his all blue adidas thing he called an outfit.

Hadn't you heard? Only Rickie gets made fun of for wearing a solid color.

LOL true. This is a lot more classy than some of Adidas' line for sure.

I think it looks pretty good myself. His staff bag looks really nice as well, but Freddy will always be the face of Ashworth, good to see adidas and TaylorMade push the brand a bit more though.

I agree with this, especially the bolded part. I have quite a few adidas and Ashworth shirts, they are 2 of my favorite 3 brands.

Hadn't you heard? Only Rickie gets made fun of for wearing a solid color.

Im an equal opportunity solid color wearing maker funner. :alien:

I like the scripting. Will he be wearing Ashworth shoes as well?

It's an improvement in my opinion.

I like the outfits but Sunday's is a bit much for me.

This is cool. Though I like Adidas apparel a lot.

Big improvement for him! So he and O'Hair are Taylormade staffers now wearing Ashworth? I wonder if any other Taylormade staffers wearing adidas right now will soon follow suit?

I have always like the look of their line and thought they kept it classy while keeping the style modern. Good for them

Sent from my iPhone

I like Sunday's outfit! JR is wearing the Ashworth Cardiff shoe, which is very similar to the adiCross he has been wearing since last year (different upper).

adidas are looking to cover all sectors of the golf market in both clothing and equipment, hence the Adams Golf purchase which will be a good fit for Ashworth.

These plus the Fashion Performance, adidas Golf, adiPure and of course Taylor Made ranges means. All that is missing is a budget range, which I don't think they will do.

I would rock any of those outfits

Like this move a lot for both sides. Think Rose fits the classier style and Ashworth gets a great player and name to promote. Only thing I will say is think his pants need to be slimmed down a bit. Not a lot, but his pants Sunday has him looking like the Big Easy swimming in those trousers.

I like the scripting. Will he be wearing Ashworth shoes as well?

I believe he wore the Adidas Adicross and this weekend was wearing the Ashworth spikeless offering (the model name escapes me). Not a huge switch as they're basically the same shoe.

I believe he wore the Adidas Adicross and this weekend was wearing the Ashworth spikeless offering (the model name escapes me). Not a huge switch as they're basically the same shoe.

Would be smart if they put him in them. A lot of people don't even know Ashworth even has a shoe. Though they use the same sole as the Adicross.

Back