NEWS Justin Rose Removing Honma Clubs

Not a good look for Honma still imo.

But I don’t think even they know what the Hell theyre doing right now.
Didn’t the guy from TM go there and then jump ship out of the industry? Looks to be a bit chaotic there, but top leaders changing things then leaving tends to do that.

Didn’t the guy from TM go there and then jump ship out of the industry? Looks to be a bit chaotic there, but top leaders changing things then leaving tends to do that.

Yes Mark King came in, and Rose signed.
The company moved offices from Huntington Beach to Carlsbad, hired some different people and resumed.

It will be very interesting to see what the next move is, because their main player leaving and the way he did is a poor look. The flip side is, in the US at least, does anybody care what Justin Rose in current form plays?

Now if he goes somewhere and immediately shows success, there is marketing material gold there. But his dumping and going back to Taylormade gear in the short term did little.

I believe he works for Taco Bell now.

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of the situation and Honma is now in the situation of having no one as their marquee player on tour.

I have no idea if Justin Rose tries and resigns with Taylormade or if he does the free agent thing for awhile. Being able to play a putter of his choosing was one of his cited reasons for going to Honma. Will be interesting to see what happens but the main thing Rose needs to do is regain some form.

I hope they can recover. I like different options like them.

If something isn’t working you have to make a change. Ball, clubs, swing, .... if you aren’t rolling in the dough you gotta change the mix

watch him win a major now

Yes Mark King came in, and Rose signed.
The company moved offices from Huntington Beach to Carlsbad, hired some different people and resumed.

It will be very interesting to see what the next move is, because their main player leaving and the way he did is a poor look. The flip side is, in the US at least, does anybody care what Justin Rose in current form plays?

Now if he goes somewhere and immediately shows success, there is marketing material gold there. But his dumping and going back to Taylormade gear in the short term did little.

do we have any comparative sales data before and during justin rose’s time with them?

do we have any comparative sales data before and during justin rose’s time with them?

It went up. It would be hard to say because when he came they also started advertising and brought new equipment.

To me their biggest issue isn’t the equipment, but their marketing. The core golfer has no reason to try Honma because they aren’t talking to them.

Official statement on the news we broke

Honma Golf Limited ("Honma") announces that, following a successful partnership with the former No. 1 player in the world, Honma and Justin Rose have agreed that Justin will no longer be one of Honma's brand ambassadors. We are proud to have been a key part of Justin's journey to regain his position as World Number 1 in early 2019, including a win at the Farmers Insurance Open in his second event with Honma equipment in play.

"For over a year, Justin worked closely with our team to help develop innovative and top performing lines of Honma woods and irons. His pursuit of perfection, approach to product testing and feedback has produced great value to Honma. Justin's expert input and desire for maximum ball speed inspired our team to make the Honma TR20 460 and 440 drivers among the fastest drivers in the game. Consistently, and excitingly, our nationwide team of fitters are seeing the new TR20 460 and TR20 440 drivers produce some of the fastest speeds on the market. We wish him the very best in his pursuit of more majors and career success," said John Kawaja, President Honma Golf North America.

"I have enjoyed working with the Honma team and collaborating closely with them to design and develop excellent golf equipment. I was able to see firsthand the innovations that the craftsmen at Honma bring to their clubs. I am hopeful that during our time of partnership, we have laid the groundwork for Honma to continue to expand their brand. We both feel it is the right time to pursue our own paths," said Justin Rose.
Well that is just about the nicest breakup announcement I’ve ever seen.

Back