Justin Thomas thread

I am not sure why you are quoting me. I never said he should be harmed or lose sponsorships. My point was asking the person to have some inward thought and more self aware is far from being woke or a social justice warrior.

I said in my post that I didn’t say you said that. I said that was the general outcry from the public and that is where I think the line is crossed from expecting kindness to social justice

I find the word "karen" offensive and disrespectful. You are describing a certain person by using that name. Time to call out all who use it.

I find the word "karen" offensive and disrespectful. You are describing a certain person by using that name. Time to call out all who use it.
Imagine being named "Karen" in 2021 :ROFLMAO:

Are we really comparing Karen to a term that has been used for decades to suppress and discourage people of their sexual choices and who they love?

I'm sorry, but that is low.

Are we really comparing Karen to a term that has been used for decades to suppress and discourage people of their sexual choices and who they love?

I'm sorry, but that is low.
It's definitely a stretch.

That in mind, if we can play on it a bit, being called a "Karen" is definitely not a compliment.

That word is not used to hurt someone? Seems like it is to me.

Based on how differently we view this topic, I'll agree to disagree and move on.

It's definitely a stretch.

That in mind, if we can play on it a bit, being called a "Karen" is definitely not a compliment.

It's not. However, I'm not about to compare decades of suppression and people being murdered because of their sexual orientation to an Internet meme.

If some do, that's their choice. I'm not going to try and change their mind as clearly we view them on very different spectrums.

Last edited:
What's left to say that hasn't already been said?

He made a mistake. He owned it. Apologized after yesterday's round. Poor word choice.

Have I called myself the C word or the B word or the P word after a bad shot or missing a putt? A Richard Head? Yeah that as well.

While those words aren't as serious as the slur JT used, to me, nobody is perfect. He acknowledged he needs to be better.

It's not. However, I'm not about to compare decades of suppression and people being murdered because of their sexual orientation to an Internet meme.

If some do, that's their choice. I'm not going to try and change their mind as clearly we view them on very different spectrums.
I'm with you. Everything starts somewhere. Who knows where "Karen" goes, but it's obviously on the opposite end of the spectrum as what JT let out. That one is pretty well established on the "no-no" list.

I took the comment as that they were both words intended on being negative, if aimed at the 'right' person. We've seen on THP where words bother some and don't bother others. In a public setting, I would have to think that the one JT used is pretty universally no-no.

Have I called myself the C word or the B word or the P word after a bad shot or missing a putt? A Richard Head? Yeah that as well.
I was having a good laugh the other day trying to find a solid word (outside of the beautiful f bomb) that wasn't either genitalia related or offensive to a person/people.

It's tough sledding. There's not much haha

I was having a good laugh the other day trying to find a solid word (outside of the beautiful f bomb) that wasn't either genitalia related or offensive to a person/people.

It's tough sledding. There's not much haha
Kuch saying "Rats" and "Gosh Darnit" just doesn't do it for me...:LOL:

Kuch saying "Rats" and "Gosh Darnit" just doesn't do it for me...:LOL:
I might start going the "good place" route and say stuff like "holy forking shirtballs" because it still hits pretty hard :ROFLMAO:

I might start going the "good place" route and say stuff like "holy forking shirtballs" because it still hits pretty hard :ROFLMAO:

Shocked you don't just refer to yourself as 10-ply.

I use it, willingly, despite the majority of people I tell that to not having a clue what I mean.
Sometimes that's even better haha

That's up there with SNL's Cork Soakers bit from several years ago.

I believe it was the first time he was caught saying it. I find it hard to believe that was the first time he said it.

Oh, I thought you knew of other examples since you said it wasn’t his first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's up there with SNL's Cork Soakers bit from several years ago.

There's always Roman Moroni from "Johnny Dangerously". He had a penchant for using some colorful words.

lol. I remember I used to say Fracking back in the Battlestar Galactical days.

There's always Roman Moroni from "Johnny Dangerously". He had a penchant for using some colorful words.
Moroni was an artist.

So, i have/had a gay cousin and him and his friends would use that word to describe eachother constantly. We would always laugh listening to them. But it was ok for him/them to use it, in their mean spirited way, but for JT to use it on himself is ridiculous.

People ard becoming way too sensitive.
That's my sticking point with it. I had to sit through multiple EEO/"cultural sensitivity" classes as part of my work, and the question was once asked by somebody how it was okay for blacks to use the n-word amongst themselves, or for gays to throw homosexual slurs back and forth with each other, etc. The teacher (an African-American lesbian, btw) replied that it was never appropriate for anybody, and there is no such thing as "in-class privileges". So whether you are a part of the ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, etc. you're slurring or not, it's not okay to use those words. Context is irrelevant according to EEO laws.

OTOH, I could sit here all day and quote absolutely filthy lyrics from rap songs that insult and demean women, gays, white people, police officers, other blacks, etc. Yet they, and the music industry as a whole, threw a fit when C. Delores Tucker (an African-American civil activist) went on the warpath against them for it. She was repressing them, she was restricting their "artistry", etc. She received death threats, they wrote "diss tracks" about her, they called her every name in the book. So all of that was perfectly okay for them in their songs, but it wasn't perfectly okay in the society that listens to, and sings along with, those songs. Somebody please feel free to explain that all to me.

In response to something in another post, I don't find the use of the word "odd" at all. It, and numerous variants of it, were extremely common when I was growing up, and we all threw them about freely. And it's still very common in other cultures - I still hear the c-word from people in the UK and Australia, and you can ask any Hispanic about the word "puto" (or the slightly less-used "maricón" or "muñeca), which is a very common insult in Spanish. In certain contexts it's all in fun, but in other contexts it constitutes fightin' words.

Back