Justin Thomas thread

I disagree with this. I completely agree with the idea that as a professional athlete, there are things you know you have to eliminate from your vocabulary completely. Not even just athletes but for us as people.

but in regards to age I’m a very similar age to JT and grew up in the midwest just like he did. That word was the go to phrase to try and hurt someone by people throughout my entire high school career. People will say any word they can to draw a reaction out of you especially high school bullies, but this goes for many interactions in life. I have special needs family members and I remember in middle school actively trying to remove the R word from my vocab but it was very hard. If that’s a phrase that was instilled as “okay” for him his entire time growing up, that may be explanation as to why that’s at the top of his list for insults to himself. Doesn’t make it right, but just because that word is still in his vocab when he’s muttering to himself under his breath doesn’t mean that is the person he is. Not everything is absolute.
If that word is part of his vocabulary for the reason you provided, isn't that all the more reason he should have eliminated it years ago? He's had years to work on his own issues, and as a professional athlete, he's seen and heard plenty that would reinforce the need to remove it.

no idea why he said it and I don't think the word is part of any culture that I'm around any more. If someone wants to be offensive, better words exist. Still, anyone in public light making money from the public or elected into office is held to high standards. Anyone in the public domain working making comments is a target. we can get into the double standards of rap/football games, etc but simply better to avoid it at all costs.

If that word is part of his vocabulary for the reason you provided, isn't that all the more reason he should have eliminated it years ago? He's had years to work on his own issues, and as a professional athlete, he's seen and heard plenty that would reinforce the need to remove it.

I don’t disagree that it shouldn’t be a part of his vocabulary, he’s a grown adult and so it shouldn’t be hard not to say as a role model.

My point is if that’s a word he is desensitized to, or was the most common insult he has heard in the past growing up then he may never use that word anymore in his actual life, but just subconsciously let it slip in a moment where he thought he could only be heard by himself. He grew up with social media so he should be used to the lynching, but I still think it’s unfair to pass judgement when it wasn’t intended for anyone else and shouldn’t have been heard in the first place.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Rosevelt.​

in many ways being “offended” is admission to feeling inferior is some way or is a reaction of pride.

We are all too easily offended these days. That does not give license to say whatever we want with out consequences. We need to learn to try and be kind in all situation. But, people make mistakes and we slip.

People should give him a break. He was angry at his freaking golf ball.
He slured and apologized. no one died or got bombed.

At this rate, I do feel social media is going to push society over the edge really soon.

He did almost immediately following finding out about it. He used his words and showed remorse. Did you even watch his interview?!
I watched it and say bullshiz

lol. I remember I used to say Fracking back in the Battlestar Galactical days.
Oh man. The sci-fi swears. I dated a girl that wore the hottest Frell Me Dead tank top. :LOL:

JT should have watched more sci-fi. Maybe he'd be more creative.

None of this will matter when JT wins the Masters..,

It was wrong. Some public shaming is acceptable. But I always question/fail to understand what an appropriate result should be?

It was wrong. Some public shaming is acceptable. But I always question/fail to understand what an appropriate result should be?

There’s not an acceptable result, no matter what he does. He apologizes, it wasn’t heart felt enough. He loses his sponsors, he should be suspended. He’s suspended, he should be kicked off the Tour. There’s no end game in mind. I guess he could go door to door & apologize to every person wherever he plays but what about where he doesn’t play? How does he handle that?
Should he have said it, no. Should he have apologize, yeah (and did). Should he lose his livelihood, no he shouldn’t. In my humble opinion.

There’s not an acceptable result, no matter what he does. He apologizes, it wasn’t heart felt enough. He loses his sponsors, he should be suspended. He’s suspended, he should be kicked off the Tour. There’s no end game in mind. I guess he could go door to door & apologize to every person wherever he plays but what about where he doesn’t play? How does he handle that?
Should he have said it, no. Should he have apologize, yeah (and did). Should he lose his livelihood, no he shouldn’t. In my humble opinion.

Exactly. I 100% agree with this.

Dumped by Ralph Lauren.

He should show up next week wearing Fruit of the Loom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pretty sure that’s not gonna fix his image issue

Whoa. That's kinda big news.

Just saw this. Not terribly surprising but interesting that they left the door open to partner with him again. Think they are just doing a temporary distancing here?
yep.....just like Tiger, some sponsors left and came back.

Just saw this. Not terribly surprising but interesting that they left the door open to partner with him again. Think they are just doing a temporary distancing here?

the bigger news is who will step in and outfit him. Obviously he has the money to outfit himself and he could very well just wear RL just not a paid sponsor.

The world is full of woke thin skinned snowflakes. He said it, he apologized for it. I seriously doubt anyone was truly traumatized by it. If so, they need to suck it up and move on. Sensitivity training? Interesting how he could have said another F word and the woke people of the waiting to be offended group would have already moved on. I’d like to plant a mic on some of them to record their every word. I’m sure we would learn many are fake hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Amen to that.

Back