Justin Thomas thread

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Justin Thomas will be in The Jungle on the Jim Rome show at 1:40 eastern today. Jungle karma!!

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Talk about timely.

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Talk about timely.

While I understand the ability to try all manufactures and see what each golfer likes or dislikes, would it really make much sense to leave Titleist after being with them for so long and having the best year of his career which may still include winning the FedEx Cup?

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
While I understand the ability to try all manufactures and see what each golfer likes or dislikes, would it really make much sense to leave Titleist after being with them for so long and having the best year of his career which may still include winning the FedEx Cup?
Money talks? We shall see but I would be surprised if he made a change also.

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
I doubt he moves. Not sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbaker2882

Living the quarantine dream
Reaction score
Handicap
Justin Thomas thread

I don't believe he has an apparel deal in the realm of what Jordan does, which is the only reason I believe he stayed put. I would honestly be more shocked if he doesn't go somewhere else. Titleist is pretty well known for not paying anywhere near the others.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe he has an apparel deal in the realm of what Jordan does, which is the only reason I believe he stayed put. I would honestly be more shocked if he doesn't go somewhere else. Titleist is pretty well known for not paying anywhere near the others.
It's where the money can be different. JORDAN had a tougher time finding a really high-end club deal because he's not gonna show off any of those logos

cbaker2882

Living the quarantine dream
Reaction score
Handicap
It's where the money can be different. JORDAN had a tougher time finding a really high-end club deal because he's not gonna show off any of those logos
Ahh true. The giant AT&T bag probably doesn't help contract negotiations.

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
From the club side I don't see TM dishing out another big contract, not sure Cobra does either. I think it comes down to titleist or callaway. Like Spieth he has been a titleist guy for a long time and I can't see either side breaking up with each other.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh true. The giant AT&T bag probably doesn't help contract negotiations.
From the club side I don't see TM dishing out another big contract, not sure Cobra does either. I think it comes down to titleist or callaway. Like Spieth he has been a titleist guy for a long time and I can't see either side breaking up with each other.
To be fair, Spieth met with every company out there in the off season. However his price tag for no logos was too high for companies to bite.
In fact either Fupresti or ddec and I were out there the day after he and his agent were in the offices of TM, Callaway and Titleist last year.

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
To be fair, Spieth met with every company out there in the off season. However his price tag for no logos was too high for companies to bite.
In fact either Fupresti or ddec and I were out there the day after he and his agent were in the offices of TM, Callaway and Titleist last year.
Does his contract with UA and AT&T forbid him from displaying other logos, or is that just something he requires?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Does his contract with UA and AT&T forbid him from displaying other logos, or is that just something he requires?
I honestly don't know the complete contract, but I would bet that UA is going to be the featured logo all over his person.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Money talks? We shall see but I would be surprised if he made a change also.
You got that right, ask RORY!!!

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Player of the year?

mikeg_74

B.T.S
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If he wins, I think so. Otherwise I have to go Spieth or DJ

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
If he wins, I think so. Otherwise I have to go Spieth or DJ
I agree if he wins it's a lock, but it's player of the year. His winning has been "all year". Sure he shat the bed a bit during the season, but who doesn't? DJ has been probably the most consistent. Which he picked up the top player spot OWGR. But that's as messed up as NCAA rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Varies
I think the only way he doesn't win POY is if Spieth comes back to win this tournament and takes the FedEx Cup. I think JT wins the award even if Spieth ends up on top of the FedEx Cup standings but does not win the Tour Championship.

mikeg_74

B.T.S
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree if he wins it's a lock, but it's player of the year. His winning has been "all year". Sure he shat the bed a bit during the season, but who doesn't? DJ has been probably the most consistent. Which he picked up the top player spot OWGR. But that's as messed up as NCAA rankings.

If Spieth doen't win then I think it's between DJ and JT. Thinking back to the time off DJ took after the Masters injury, I will have to give the edge to DJ.

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A 29 starting his round yesterday on the back 9. Tour freaking Sauce. I hope this guy catapults into his own zone for this golf season and just use his career season as a stepping stone.

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
This kid might be the second coming of Tiger.

Dude is ridiculously long and plays with no fear.

Dont @ me.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This kid might be the second coming of Tiger.

Dude is ridiculously long and plays with no fear.

Dont @ me.
he seems to be crazy cocky too, but the right kind of cocky to be a world beater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desmond

Is it the score or the adventure
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Workinonit
Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.
Well considering this is a similar schedule to last year... I’m not sure we will see much of an effect.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in