Justin Thomas thread

Justin Thomas will be in The Jungle on the Jim Rome show at 1:40 eastern today. Jungle karma!!

Talk about timely.

Talk about timely.

While I understand the ability to try all manufactures and see what each golfer likes or dislikes, would it really make much sense to leave Titleist after being with them for so long and having the best year of his career which may still include winning the FedEx Cup?

While I understand the ability to try all manufactures and see what each golfer likes or dislikes, would it really make much sense to leave Titleist after being with them for so long and having the best year of his career which may still include winning the FedEx Cup?

Money talks? We shall see but I would be surprised if he made a change also.

I doubt he moves. Not sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Thomas thread

I don't believe he has an apparel deal in the realm of what Jordan does, which is the only reason I believe he stayed put. I would honestly be more shocked if he doesn't go somewhere else. Titleist is pretty well known for not paying anywhere near the others.

I don't believe he has an apparel deal in the realm of what Jordan does, which is the only reason I believe he stayed put. I would honestly be more shocked if he doesn't go somewhere else. Titleist is pretty well known for not paying anywhere near the others.

It's where the money can be different. JORDAN had a tougher time finding a really high-end club deal because he's not gonna show off any of those logos

It's where the money can be different. JORDAN had a tougher time finding a really high-end club deal because he's not gonna show off any of those logos

Ahh true. The giant AT&T bag probably doesn't help contract negotiations.

From the club side I don't see TM dishing out another big contract, not sure Cobra does either. I think it comes down to titleist or callaway. Like Spieth he has been a titleist guy for a long time and I can't see either side breaking up with each other.

Ahh true. The giant AT&T bag probably doesn't help contract negotiations.

From the club side I don't see TM dishing out another big contract, not sure Cobra does either. I think it comes down to titleist or callaway. Like Spieth he has been a titleist guy for a long time and I can't see either side breaking up with each other.

To be fair, Spieth met with every company out there in the off season. However his price tag for no logos was too high for companies to bite.
In fact either Fupresti or ddec and I were out there the day after he and his agent were in the offices of TM, Callaway and Titleist last year.

To be fair, Spieth met with every company out there in the off season. However his price tag for no logos was too high for companies to bite.
In fact either Fupresti or ddec and I were out there the day after he and his agent were in the offices of TM, Callaway and Titleist last year.

Does his contract with UA and AT&T forbid him from displaying other logos, or is that just something he requires?

Does his contract with UA and AT&T forbid him from displaying other logos, or is that just something he requires?

I honestly don't know the complete contract, but I would bet that UA is going to be the featured logo all over his person.

Money talks? We shall see but I would be surprised if he made a change also.

You got that right, ask RORY!!!

Player of the year?

If he wins, I think so. Otherwise I have to go Spieth or DJ

If he wins, I think so. Otherwise I have to go Spieth or DJ

I agree if he wins it's a lock, but it's player of the year. His winning has been "all year". Sure he shat the bed a bit during the season, but who doesn't? DJ has been probably the most consistent. Which he picked up the top player spot OWGR. But that's as messed up as NCAA rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the only way he doesn't win POY is if Spieth comes back to win this tournament and takes the FedEx Cup. I think JT wins the award even if Spieth ends up on top of the FedEx Cup standings but does not win the Tour Championship.

I agree if he wins it's a lock, but it's player of the year. His winning has been "all year". Sure he shat the bed a bit during the season, but who doesn't? DJ has been probably the most consistent. Which he picked up the top player spot OWGR. But that's as messed up as NCAA rankings.

If Spieth doen't win then I think it's between DJ and JT. Thinking back to the time off DJ took after the Masters injury, I will have to give the edge to DJ.

A 29 starting his round yesterday on the back 9. Tour freaking Sauce. I hope this guy catapults into his own zone for this golf season and just use his career season as a stepping stone.

This kid might be the second coming of Tiger.

Dude is ridiculously long and plays with no fear.

Dont @ me.

This kid might be the second coming of Tiger.

Dude is ridiculously long and plays with no fear.

Dont @ me.

he seems to be crazy cocky too, but the right kind of cocky to be a world beater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.

Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.

Well considering this is a similar schedule to last year... I’m not sure we will see much of an effect.

Back