Justin Thomas thread

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
As of today he's the hottest guy on the planet with back to back wins in Hawaii.

Breaking scoring records at Waialae

59 on the opening round to join a very elite group of golfers
Setting the 36, tied the 54, and set 72 hole scoring records.

Hitting towering drives 117' Apex, laser like long irons.

We saw shots reminiscent of some of the greatest players to grace the game.

Golf is in great hands with JT and the cast of young guns.

So let's use this thread to chat up Justin Thomas, this could be a great year!

Last edited:
Dude is on absolute FIRE and is making the game look easy. I'm wondering what major setups best for him.

Dude played some seriously great golf the last two weeks. I just hope he can peak like this at Augusta and around the other majors. The way he played this week if he's firing on all cylinders likes that, I think he can hang with anyone in the world.

I know it's superficial, but his Instagram is filled with skinny kids with 'bama bangs and it bothers me.

The comparisons on youngest double wins are veeeeery interesting.
The records speak for themselves.

Now the real question: Does this kid battle and win a major this season?

-49 in two weeks.

Pfftt. Uninspired. Couldn't even eclipse -50...

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Hahaha right!

And I'll also say next time someone says they hit it high off the tee....see Justin Thomas TrackMan profiles. Wow

Love watching this guy play...actually thought about buying some MB's.....then woke up.

I dunno if he does this year but he absolutely wins multiple majors. We all know golf is peaks and valleys and certainly he's in a peak right now. I just hope he does peak in early April. You'd think Augusta sets up well for him with the draw. If he can putt the way he did at Augusta I think he certainly has to be at the top of the list for favorites.

I dunno if he does this year but he absolutely wins multiple majors. We all know golf is peaks and valleys and certainly he's in a peak right now. I just hope he does peak in early April. You'd think Augusta sets up well for him with the draw. If he can putt the way he did at Augusta I think he certainly has to be at the top of the list for favorites.

They kept talking about green speed and how he's at his best when they are a touch slower, which obviously Augusta is not.

We'll see. I like that he's seen it before, and knows a bit about what to expect.

I'm not a fan of all the comparisons that the media does honestly. Sure it speaks to the level of significance as if today. But the parallel to these great golfers is a little over the top. Sure he played lights out the past few months. But to compare him to Tiger? Not so fast. But the media seems to long for another Tiger Woods. When in reality based on the play we've seen with out Tiger. The game is in a better place than when Tiger was at his best.

However I think Tiger is a large part of the reason the game is in such good hands today.

They kept talking about green speed and how he's at his best when they are a touch slower, which obviously Augusta is not.

We'll see. I like that he's seen it before, and knows a bit about what to expect.
I think the green speeds at Augusta is one of the great equalizers. I think it's why Jordan fairs so well their no matter what because he's obviously a fantastic putter but I'd like to see JT give it a run.

I think the green speeds at Augusta is one of the great equalizers. I think it's why Jordan fairs so well their no matter what because he's obviously a fantastic putter but I'd like to see JT give it a run.

I don't know what I am more excited to see... JT prove his worth, or Jordan play 'the hole'

No kidding!! watched that link and was just amazed.. thought about going to the range and trying that.. then caught myself.. one I couldn't get in those positions and two think I would lock up if I even got there.. seriously..just love his swing.. and the high launch angle part is fascinating...

I'd have to tee the ball up 6 inches to get that angle of attack

I'm not convinced he's anything more than a good golfer on a big roll. Good for him but tbd if we've now got a Big 4 or something.

I'm not convinced he's anything more than a good golfer on a big roll. Good for him but tbd if we've now got a Big 4 or something.

I can see that Frank...but that's the beauty of winning early,23 years old, we have plenty of time to see what comes of it .

Big 4 or just a massive group of very solid young golfers.

matsWHOyama?:bananadance:

Ok thanks for that input. To be fair Hideki is a phenomenal golfer. I expect to see a lot of great things from him this year.

This is where I'm at too. He's hella hot right now but I think he's cooled down well before Augusta rolls around.

What I like about him is how laid back he is. He looks like he is always having fun no matter what. Got to follow him for a few holes last year on Monday at the Masters. The whole time he was talking and joking around with the other guys, would speak to fans, and on 16 he was trying to get the crowd pumped up for his tee shot and when he went to skip the water.

What I like about him is how laid back he is. He looks like he is always having fun no matter what. Got to follow him for a few holes last year on Monday at the Masters. The whole time he was talking and joking around with the other guys, would speak to fans, and on 16 he was trying to get the crowd pumped up for his tee shot and when he went to skip the water.

I mentioned it in the event thread, but it has been good to see these guys all having fun the past two weeks. The young crowd seems to embracing the fun of what they do. Now I'm not foolish to believe it will continue into the majors. But anyway it's good to see them embracing the camaraderie and friendships

I mentioned it in the event thread, but it has been good to see these guys all having fun the past two weeks. The young crowd seems to embracing the fun of what they do. Now I'm not foolish to believe it will continue into the majors. But anyway it's good to see them embracing the camaraderie and friendships
Agree 100%. Think it helps promote the game. Would have loved to see Tiger, Phil, and Sergio all go vacation together like JT and the boys do. That would be reality tv

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back