Justin Thomas thread

Does he wins the Masters? I'd say no. That story line is with Rory this year I think. But like Jordan did in 2015, I could see Thomas winning a bunch with how hot he is. I think his best chance at a major this year would be either the US open or the PGA championship. Not sure his style (long high bombs) sets up well in the British Open winds. We'll see if he can prove me wrong on that one.

Some guys take awhile to win on your after amateur success, some win earlier then others and others take a lot longer. Spieth made a comment about how everyone is getting to see what JT's peers have seen for years. He has 120 amateur wins. This swing is powerful and very effecient. His contact is in the same spot every time. Posted the link below in the event thread showing how good his swing is

http://blog.trackmangolf.com/justin-thomas-swing-analysis/

He's a beast. His biggest issue in my opinion is his mental game. He seems to get flustered easily when he's a bit off and he starts to takes chances instead of playing smart.

I think JT is the real deal and this is just the tip of the iceberg. He is biggest strength imo is his belief in his ability. There does not seem to be an ounce of doubt in him. Fearless golf is the best golf.

Would not shock me to see him to win a major this year. I would think the masters and PGA set up best for him. Aside from the greens the Masters is the least penal setup and the PGA is set up closet to a regular tour event. Not sure his game suits the US Open or British at this point.

As of today he's the hottest guy on the planet with back to back wins in Hawaii.

Breaking scoring records at Waialae

59 on the opening round to join a very elite group of golfers
Setting the 36, tied the 54, and set 72 hole scoring records.

Hitting towering drives 117' Apex, laser like long irons.

We saw shots reminiscent of some of the greatest players to grace the game.

Golf is in great hands with JT and the cast of young guns.

So let's use this thread to chat up Justin Thomas, this could be a great year!

I like this kid, he's stepping up to the podium with power and passion like we haven't seen in a while.

I like this kid, he's stepping up to the podium with power and passion like we haven't seen in a while.

I like him too. But let's be real we're all passionate when we're winning.

Oh no Doubt but the way he's winning is what's impressive

Oh no Doubt but the way he's winning is what's impressive

I'm looking forward to how he plays with a full field back on the mainland. We could have a crazy good year in tour. One thing the young guys don't have is fear.

I'm looking forward to how he plays with a full field back on the mainland. We could have a crazy good year in tour. One thing the young guys don't have is fear.

I know man, they just go after it.

I could prove to be wrong, but I kinda see JT a lot like Jason Day and Dustin Johnson in that he's not usually all that consistent. He's ridiculously long like Day and DJ, and so typically unless he's way off, he's at least hanging around middle of the pack. If he starts making putts and sticking irons though like this week? He's borderline unstoppable, a la Day at Whistling Straits in 2015.

If he can keep even 80% of this level of play up on a week to week basis, the field should be worried.

recent history has taught us this type of success will be tough to maintain and as fans i think we tend to have unrealistic expectations when our favorites play. It's so hard to win on tour, much less back to back and in the fashion JT is doing it. What this does show me is that he can go shot for shot with some of the best in the world. 2017 will be a fun year on tour.

Not taking anything away from his game, JT is playing some killer ball right now.

But anyone think Waialae was too easy for these guys? Im all about birdies but didn't it get a little much? JT making 59 with a slam dunk, and two others in the hunt?

I was really hoping Kisner would of posted that 59. That ball just died right at the hole.

Not taking anything away from his game, JT is playing some killer ball right now.

But anyone think Waialae was too easy for these guys? Im all about birdies but didn't it get a little much? JT making 59 with a slam dunk, and two others in the hunt?

I was really hoping Kisner would of posted that 59. That ball just died right at the hole.

I'm not sure it has to do with course set up really. There was very little wind for these guys to contend with. Both weeks in Hawaii the elements were very docile actually.

The comparisons on youngest double wins are veeeeery interesting.
The records speak for themselves.

Now the real question: Does this kid battle and win a major this season?

How much of that is due to the current tour schedule though. Not taking anything away from what hes done on the course because I think its incredible. But its kind of like extending the NFL season by two games and then comparing season stats to previous generations

He has passion for the game period. Heard and interview with him where he talked about watching golf when he is not playing golf. The kid lives for the game winning or not he has plenty of passion.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

When I look at his seasons, I see someone who is taking the year-by-year path to being one of the top players on the tour for sure.

2015 - 30 Played, 23 Made Cuts, 15 Top 25, 7 Top 10, 0 Wins
2016 - 28 Played, 22 Made Cuts, 10 Top 25, 7 Top 10, 4 3rds, 1 Win
2017 - 5 Played, 5 Made Cuts, 5 Top 25, 4 Top 10, 3 Wins

2016 was the first year he played all four majors, and whether he wins or not, I think he will show improvement in those this year. I wouldn't say that he's going to be the odds on favorite when he tees it up, but I'd say he is deserving of that new #8 ranking in the OGWR.

With him and Spieth (and others I'm sure), I really like that they play so many tournaments. I had gotten so accustom to Tiger playing like 19 a year (in the peak years) that its nice to see the top guys doing more like 30.

I'm not sure it has to do with course set up really. There was very little wind for these guys to contend with. Both weeks in Hawaii the elements were very docile actually.

Great YouTube that compiles great and bad shots from week to week.

Here is just Justin Thomas from two weeks ago..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JV0AMHdDgVc

Man this kid swings fast!

What a hot start to the year for sure! Can't wait to see if he keeps it going, maybe he adds a major this year as well.

Dude has already had a hell of a year and it is really just getting started. Oh, to have just half of his talent.

How much of that is due to the current tour schedule though. Not taking anything away from what hes done on the course because I think its incredible. But its kind of like extending the NFL season by two games and then comparing season stats to previous generations

I don't think so, personally. It's still very difficult to win, and the field was strong.

When you destroy records the way he did this past week, I think a conversation is viable. I don't think he's the next coming, but his numbers are impressive either way.

I don't think so, personally. It's still very difficult to win, and the field was strong.

When you destroy records the way he did this past week, I think a conversation is viable. I don't think he's the next coming, but his numbers are impressive either way.

..This

Back