Justin Thomas thread

Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.

I think he's done for 2017 except for the Hero World Challenge.

Wondering when the exhibitions and travel after a Major will take the toll on him like it did others. Spieth suffered a bit in 2016 after that 2015.

Did Spieth really suffer in 2016 or were fans and media disappointed he didn’t have another 2015. Spieth won twice in 2016 PGA season, had a strong FedEx cup playoffs and played well in the Ryder cup then won in Australia at the end of the year.

Did Spieth really suffer in 2016 or were fans and media disappointed he didn’t have another 2015. Spieth won twice in 2016 PGA season, had a strong FedEx cup playoffs and played well in the Ryder cup then won in Australia at the end of the year.

Spieth seemed very inconsistent, even this year he was up and down.

After a major win, you see a lot of guys disappear for a while. Maybe JT will not suffer what mere mortals, other than Tiger, suffered. It will be an interesting watch. Maybe JT is that good.

Spieth seemed very inconsistent, even this year he was up and down.

After a major win, you see a lot of guys disappear for a while. Maybe JT will not suffer what mere mortals, other than Tiger, suffered. It will be an interesting watch. Maybe JT is that good.

There have been guys that have disappears after majors and IMO Spieth wasn't one and not sure I would consider 12 top 10s with 3 wins in 23 starts and finishing #2 in FedEx cup inconsistent. He has 5 of his 11 victories in the last 2 years.

JT is another guy that I don't see going away

So glad I jumped on the bandwagon on his breakout season. Didn't see any of his 3 wins early in the season but saw how he was on social media and the way he plays golf and I'm like yeah this guy gets it. 5 wins, Major, Player of the Year.

Great for the game and I don't care how cliche that sounds.

981875530c9f406c17f97aa66ae437d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for Thomas I am sure he will learn a lot from Bones

Ahh so that's why Jimmy Johnson wasn't on the bag. Hope he gets healthy again soon, but I'm sure JT will have a fun time with McKay on the bag!

That’s a great substitute caddy. He’s been in an event or two. :alien:

I kinda thought Bones was going to stick to the announcer gig, I wonder if this is a one time thing or if he’s going back on someone’s bag long term.

Ahh so that's why Jimmy Johnson wasn't on the bag. Hope he gets healthy again soon, but I'm sure JT will have a fun time with McKay on the bag!

He was on the bag for the first two rounds but that course isn't easy and really caused his injury to flare up. He's scheduled to be on recovery for the next month

I really like the Bones as a temporary fill in for JT

Is this going to be another career year for JT, great start today at the WM.

That was a great read, thanks for sharing. The players tribune is absolutely awesome.

For JT, it gives us a nice perspective of him as a player, how he's trying to develop as a professional, and what the game means to him. The story about Valhalla is awesome.

As a golfer who let the world rest on my shoulders after each bad shot as a youngster, I loved reading about how he's overcoming that aspect of the game, and his understanding that bad shots are a reality. It is something I've worked tirelessly on personally, and I think it's the best way to become a player to fear in this game.

I hope he wins this week.

I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing. I’m rooting for JT this week as well. His putting was off at Dell, hopefully the week off gave him time to prepare for Augusta’s greens.

As a golfer who let the world rest on my shoulders after each bad shot as a youngster, I loved reading about how he's overcoming that aspect of the game, and his understanding that bad shots are a reality. It is something I've worked tirelessly on personally, and I think it's the best way to become a player to fear in this game.

I hope he wins this week.
The players tribune gives an honest perspective and side we don't know about the athlete, it's refreshing.

I do like how he texts/asks other pros what they see in him and what is preventing him from being great, and it's cool how candid his fellow competitors are. I also do like the aspect of not getting angry when bad stuff happens on the golf course, it is inevitable, and in the past I may have been sour or grumpy when things go off the tracks for a few holes that it could derail the day even after the 18 holes I played.

Take the good with the bad, but keeping the positive attitude is something I have been working on, plus I'm not playing for millions or professional, I'm playing for fun and improvement, it's dumb to let bad shots/rounds affect me the way it once did.

I also hope he slips on the green jacket!!

The players tribune gives an honest perspective and side we don't know about the athlete, it's refreshing.

I do like how he texts/asks other pros what they see in him and what is preventing him from being great, and it's cool how candid his fellow competitors are. I also do like the aspect of not getting angry when bad stuff happens on the golf course, it is inevitable, and in the past I may have been sour or grumpy when things go off the tracks for a few holes that it could derail the day even after the 18 holes I played.

Take the good with the bad, but keeping the positive attitude is something I have been working on, plus I'm not playing for millions or professional, I'm playing for fun and improvement, it's dumb to let bad shots/rounds affect me the way it once did.

I also hope he slips on the green jacket!!

When i heard him talking about not getting mad about bad shots but being mad about bad decisions, that shined some serious light on my own game. Bad swings happen, but bad decisions can be avoided

Justin Thomas thread

Great article here on the #1 golfer in the world.

https://www.si.com/golf/2018/06/05/justin-thomas-profile-us-open-golf-mike-thomas

At the Bear's Club, Thomas holds his Titleist driver, built exactly to his specifications, whatever those are. Thomas doesn't know even what kind of shafts he has in his irons. Asked how much the shafts weigh, he looks at the driver and says, "This one is 60. It says it." (It does say 60, but it is actually 68 grams.) Thomas may be the PGA Tour's best golfer, but he would be its worst equipment rep.

"It drives Tiger absolutely insane that I don't know anything about my clubs," he says. "I'm like, 'Look, dude: I don't care. I get fitted and Titleist says these are the best numbers, and they fly the best, and I use them and I play well with them. So what's the big deal?'"
Love it!!

Surprised to see JT over in a European Tour event this week.

Don’t a lot of guys play euro events leading up to the Open?

the course they are playing is the 2018 Ryder cup course, i am suprrised not more USA Ryder cup players are over to play it.

Don’t a lot of guys play euro events leading up to the Open?
Some do, but he's the only American PGA Tour regular in the field.
Usually not a lot of big names play this week in DC. Usually only a few of them.
Quicken Loans is kinda light on star-power except for Tiger and Rickie but no one else is in this Euro tournament other than JT.

Also, is Chase Koepka Brook's brother?

Some do, but he's the only American PGA Tour regular in the field.Quicken Loans is kinda light on star-power except for Tiger and Rickie but no one else is in this Euro tournament other than JT.

Also, is Chase Koepka Brook's brother?

Always has been and when Tiger wasn’t playing the attendance was terrible too. Rickie has been the big name the last couple years. I’ve been to and worked the event a few years back and it’s usually like 3 groups that get all the attention with crowds

Yeah that’s Brooks’ brother. Iirc he’s choosing to go the euro tour route like Brooks and Ueilhein did

Back