Justin Thomas thread

Looks like JT has made his way to the UAE for this week’s Abu Dhabi tournament. I don’t recall him playing many of these European Tour events.
It was on his schedule before this all happened....

Looks like JT has made his way to the UAE for this week’s Abu Dhabi tournament. I don’t recall him playing many of these European Tour events.

Possible suspension??

Although I doubt it because this is a pretty popular euro tour event with a solid purse and a popular vacation spot. He probably figured he would be enjoying it a little more though lol.

Interesting that he's playing that one instead of the American Express. Not reading anything into it, just an interesting choice.

It was on his schedule before this all happened....
I didn’t mean to imply it was related. I just don’t recall him playing in any Euro events outside of the Scottish Open. Surprised he opted for the extensive travel this year.

Possible suspension??

Although I doubt it because this is a pretty popular euro tour event with a solid purse and a popular vacation spot. He probably figured he would be enjoying it a little more though lol.
Interesting that he's playing that one instead of the American Express. Not reading anything into it, just an interesting choice.
I didn’t mean to imply anything shady going on. Was just surprised to see him in the field. I know Patrick Reed plays a bit more overseas, but didn’t expect to see JT over there this week.

I didn’t mean to imply it was related. I just don’t recall him playing in any Euro events outside of the Scottish Open. Surprised he opted for the extensive travel this year.
I’ll be honest, when I saw he was playing there this week, I thought it was related. When I read the story though, it said it wasn’t.
Probably worked out for the best, this gives the story time to die down over here (assuming it might not get a lot of air time over there?)

I didn’t mean to imply anything shady going on. Was just surprised to see him in the field. I know Patrick Reed plays a bit more overseas, but didn’t expect to see JT over there this week.
JT committed along with Rory in December. I am sure there is some big appearance fee money that persuaded him to go.

I’ll be honest, when I saw he was playing there this week, I thought it was related. When I read the story though, it said it wasn’t.
Probably worked out for the best, this gives the story time to die down over here (assuming it might not get a lot of air time over there?)

Considering where that tournament is being played, there is a 0% chance it's a story at all over there.

Considering where that tournament is being played, there is a 0% chance it's a story at all over there.
I was thinking the same thing. Homey don't play dat in the UAE.

JT committed along with Rory in December. I am sure there is some big appearance fee money that persuaded him to go.
Ohhh I remember Phil generating some controversy for playing somewhere overseas for an obscene appearance fee. I didn’t realize it was just for a standard European Tour event.

Ohhh I remember Phil generating some controversy for playing somewhere overseas for an obscene appearance fee. I didn’t realize it was just for a standard European Tour event.
Yea it is pretty common, I remember Tiger getting a couple million to play in some overseas event back in the early 2000's

I agree in that part of the world, it isn’t a big story.
However the media covering the tournament isn’t from there.lt will be European (as will most of the spectators, it’s a very popular vacation destination for them), with some American reporters also.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. Homey don't play dat in the UAE.
Don’t be ignorant. They have the same percentage of gays as anywhere else. In certain areas of the world people hide it out of fear.

Last edited:
Don’t be ignorant. They have the same percentage of gays as anywhere else. In certain areas of the world people hide it out of fear.

A lot of people hide it in America out of shame or fear of ridicule. Still haven’t had a single forum member say they were personally offended by JT’s utterance to himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need to take things out of context just for the purpose of slinging gratuitous insults. Research the UAE laws about such conduct and maybe you'll understand what I meant.

Uh oh, if everyone fainted in shock because JT said a bad word, wait till they find out Nike is officially sponsoring an event in a country where the penalty for homosexuality can be death. Once people discover that their Nike purchases are directly supporting the deaths of homosexuals I’m sure their sales will be destroyed.

Uh oh, if everyone fainted in shock because JT said a bad word, wait till they find out Nike is officially sponsoring an event in a country where the penalty for homosexuality can be death. Once people discover that their Nike purchases are directly supporting the deaths of homosexuals I’m sure their sales will be destroyed.
giphy.gif

Well that wasn’t nearly the response I was hoping for by posting that change of subject. It’s a strong field and should be a fun watch.

Any pictures of JT and what he is wearing in UAE?

Any pictures of JT and what he is wearing in UAE?
Looks like he’s rolling RL. Not a lot of time to reset the wardrobe when you’re an incredibly jet lagged world traveler!

Welp... I don't know what else can be said now...

Looks like he’s rolling RL. Not a lot of time to reset the wardrobe when you’re an incredibly jet lagged world traveler!

oh.. I'm sure the pro shop has shirts.. cmon..
I think this is more him saying I don't care if you dump me, I'll wear whatever the hell I want..

Well that wasn’t nearly the response I was hoping for by posting that change of subject. It’s a strong field and should be a fun watch.

It's usually a good tournament to watch.

Back