Justin Thomas thread

Looks like he’s rolling RL. Not a lot of time to reset the wardrobe when you’re an incredibly jet lagged world traveler!

I was thinking he was going to do that. I bet he gets back with RL by the Masters of 2022, officially.

let’s go with the example you used about your kids being around, and If he used the word.
They hear it, and ask “what does that word mean, Daddy?” What would you tell them?
I live in your area, and in 3 sentences I think you told me a lot about who you are, and how you feel personally about the word. I’m really curious though how you’d explain it to your children.
You know zero about me. My kids are wise to most of it at their age now. It's up to me to teach them right from wrong...not the media or schools.

Poor choice of word these days. I say all sorts of interesting things on the course and some might offend people. He apologized and I would be happy to still share a beer with the dude. Should be a non story.

I’ve personally heard this man refer to himself as the female parts of a giant whale. So it’s true! Maybe JT needs to take @ntanygd760 curse phrase course?

Whales don’t get offended. Well.... anyways.

laying low in Dubai this week? wearing a plain, white polo...the struggle is real?

I watched some of his round live when I got off work at midnight...he seems to be struggling on tohse greens that he is not used to. But for sure the nuts have gotten into his head.

I agree, the catch is "listening to people" is almost always dog whistle for "just agree that I'm right". Did JT say a bad word? Yup. Did he make a sincere apology? I think so. Should he be crucified for speaking a word? This is where we part ways. I get that some are OK with a person having their career negatively impacted for mumbling a forbidden word at a time they were under extreme pressure, but unless he's inciting violence or his behavior demonstrates he's really homophobic then IMO that kind of vigilante justice isn't something desirable in a modern, civilized society and isn't something I can get behind. And to clarify, I don't care that RL dropped him. They're promoting their brand and if they decide he doesn't fit with their message then fine, happens every day. My issue is with those who think this kind of retribution in general, which has become the norm, is OK.

And on the topic of corporate "diversity training" or whatever you want to call it, if you haven't had to sit through one of these then you sir/madam are blessed. It's basically some 20-something telling you that the best way to fight racism and sexism is to divide people up by race and sex then give some of those groups advantages over others because of their race or sex.

Absolutely horrific that such blatant racial hatred is pushed in this nation today and no one bats an eyelid. :mad:

I read this morning where JT is going to take awareness training.
If I had to guess either his team knows he has to polish his image, or most likely the Tour stepped in here.

I read this morning where JT is going to take awareness training.
If I had to guess either his team knows he has to polish his image, or most likely the Tour stepped in here.

Or maybe he knows himself that he has to get better at removing words like this from his vocabulary. The only reason to assume it’s the people around him or the tour is if you believe JT isn’t that great of a person.

Or maybe he knows himself that he has to get better at removing words like this from his vocabulary. The only reason to assume it’s the people around him or the tour is if you believe JT isn’t that great of a person.
Sorry, you’re right. I was lazy not to include that option, I don’t know why I did, I’d honestly thought of it.
As for my opinion of him, you can check this thread. I’ve mentioned a few times here he was andstill is my favorite golfer.
I don’t enjoy seeing anyone being shamed (if that’s the right word) like he’s been, but on the other hand, I don’t give him a pass here.
A he’s not a child, he’s a professional golfer, he knows he’s on camera a lot, he has to know better.
B if you want to put yourself out there as a spokesman for national corporations, you have to be aware of protecting YOUR band and image. When you do that, there are great rewards. When you slip the way he did there are consequences.

THomas missed the cut at Abu Dhabi by a stroke. I saw him and he didn't look well. Imagine playing golf over there at a time which would be like 3am what you're used to. He looked hungover and I can imagine that time change didn't really help him. Be a tough flight back home I imagine.

THomas missed the cut at Abu Dhabi by a stroke. I saw him and he didn't look well. Imagine playing golf over there at a time which would be like 3am what you're used to. He looked hungover and I can imagine that time change didn't really help him. Be a tough flight back home I imagine.

that's a flight to not make the weekend!

Imagine he got an appearance fee, but still a quick trip back!

that's a flight to not make the weekend!

Imagine he got an appearance fee, but still a quick trip back!

I do wonder what they paid him to show up. I also wonder if they cut the fee if he misses the cut (and isn't a draw for weekend patrons).

Yikes! Wonder what his travel schedule was like pre-tournament.

I’m not sure what his schedule is, but if he’s flying back to the States this weekend he got a nice appearance fee.
No way he’s going over there for one week without getting one.
And yeah, had to be a rough trip flying home in a private jet after staying in exclusive accommodations. Much less having to play two rounds of golf while being pampered like a sultan all week.
It’s tough work, but somebody has to do it....

It's also probably tough to watch RM lazily wipe a drive 340 and then JT swings out of his shoes and plays from rough all day...30 yards behind. Anyone recognize that little shirt logo he was wearing? Maybe he got it in duty free on his way in?:unsure:

I’m not sure what his schedule is, but if he’s flying back to the States this weekend he got a nice appearance fee.
No way he’s going over there for one week without getting one.
And yeah, had to be a rough trip flying home in a private jet after staying in exclusive accommodations. Much less having to play two rounds of golf while being pampered like a sultan all week.
It’s tough work, but somebody has to do it....

I actually agree with you JT (and most pro golfers) are living a dream life. I don't feel sorry for any of them really.

However, I do not agree with the lynching he has received from the wokes. I unequivocally stand against such hatred. (y)

I actually agree with you JT (and most pro golfers) are living a dream life. I don't feel sorry for any of them really.

However, I do not agree with the lynching he has received from the wokes. I unequivocally stand against such hatred. (y)
I get what you’re saying, we’re probably on the same side with a lot of things, however I’m going to repeat something I said a couple of days ago.
If someone like JT wants to put himself out there and sign a big endorsement contract with a company like Ralph Lauren, he’s got to be smarter than he was.
I know it sounds trite, but words have consequences. You can’t use the word he did and not expect to upset a fashion industry corporation like RL.
Their mission statement has been very clear over the years. He should have known that.

I get what you’re saying, we’re probably on the same side with a lot of things, however I’m going to repeat something I said a couple of days ago.
If someone like JT wants to put himself out there and sign a big endorsement contract with a company like Ralph Lauren, he’s got to be smarter than he was.
I know it sounds trite, but words have consequences. You can’t use the word he did and not expect to upset a fashion industry corporation like RL.
Their mission statement has been very clear over the years. He should have known that.

Tiger probably offended hundreds of millions of Christians every time he blurted "g-- damnit" and yet no one cared about that sort of offense. No sponsors ran from him. :unsure:

Tiger probably offended hundreds of millions of Christians every time he blurted "g-- damnit" and yet no one cared about that sort of offense. No sponsors ran from him. :unsure:
Nope. You’re wrong here.
Tiger was bigger than the game of golf for a long time and yes he got away with a lot, but even with that, when he got into trouble, Buick dropped his bag deal with him (he signed with Monster Energy). I’m not sure if he lost any other deals.
It’s happened before, that also. Fuzzy Zoehler lost all his deals for the fried chicken remark Tiger wouldnt forgive him and hung him out to dry.
I’m sure there are a ton of other guys who’ve lost deals for doing or saying the wrong thing.
This isn’t a cancel culture thing, sorry. JT let a word slip out of his mouth that his sponsor found offensive. Rather than deal with the aggravation, they dropped him. That’s their prerogative.

Nope. You’re wrong here.
Tiger was bigger than the game of golf for a long time and yes he got away with a lot, but even with that, when he got into trouble, Buick dropped his bag deal with him (he signed with Monster Energy). I’m not sure if he lost any other deals.
It’s happened before, that also. Fuzzy Zoehler lost all his deals for the fried chicken remark Tiger wouldnt forgive him and hung him out to dry.
I’m sure there are a ton of other guys who’ve lost deals for doing or saying the wrong thing.
This isn’t a cancel culture thing, sorry. JT let a word slip out of his mouth that his sponsor found offensive. Rather than deal with the aggravation, they dropped him. That’s their prerogative.

The point is a lot more people were offended by one thing over the other and yet it was tolerated.

Nope. You’re wrong here.
No actually to his point he is not wrong. He mentioned his swearing..using that one particular word..which is a point I brought up as well. He lost Buick over the cheating scandal. Every time he swore he was fined ten bucks and asked not to do it again.

I just saw that Citibank is keeping JT as a sponsor.

I didn't even know Citibank was a JT sponsor.

I just saw that Citibank is keeping JT as a sponsor.

I didn't even know Citibank was a JT sponsor.
That makes two of us! Sometimes I just don’t understand advertising ROI. And as someone on the approving end of some sponsorships, that can certainly frustrate our operations team 😆

Back