Kahma Golf Bag Review (unofficial)

rockie

Reaction score
Handicap
Although I just purchased this and technically haven't used it yet, I am too excited not to post something.

I have been after one of these bags for awhile now, but because they were only in the US, I could never pull the trigger (taxes, duty, shipping, exchange)

I was pleasantly surprised when I can across WWW.KAHMAGOLF.CA selling bags in Canada. I was skeptical at first because they had no reviews or comments but I was glad when I reached out to them in an email. He agreed to meet me in person at Vaughan Mills (Maple, ON). He brought the whole line up with him.

Theres one thing I have to say, the pictures on the website don't do these bags any justice!!! And I assure you, my pictures won't either. If you haven't seen the brand new 2015 line up, you're missing out. I made the decision to buy this bag when I first saw it when he opened up the trunk!!! Its was love at first site!

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag19/absolutelywartorn/kahma bag/20150310_134114_zpsv8l5lhqh.jpg

I took my clubs with me to make sure they fit. I have read a lot of others saying that the new cup face or hybrid irons would have trouble fitting. I dont shoot those, but I still wanted to make sure everything fit. I must say that there is ample room for more then what i have in the bag. (Driver, 2-3-4 HY + 5-PW + 52 56 60 SW + putter) There are 4 woods dividers with a 9 slot iron holder. So it is perfect for my set up (another reason why I think it was meant to be) The additional putter tube would easily carry a whip trainer, alignment sticks, or a ball scoop. He also brought along an older model (The EXACT same one that Bullit did a review on and showed me some new "upgrades" they did. Minor in my opinion, but hey, he seemed pretty excited to share. Rubber zipper pulls (fancy and soft, I admit its a nice touch from the older metal ones), a magnetic cooler pocket (more to follow) and a reinforced velour cover (more to follow), and 51mm putter tubes (for those insanely big superstrokes). Also the putter tubes have been raised a little bit because apparently they were too low before and didnt fit well on motorized golf carts (who knew).

The Magnetic cooler pocket is CRAZY BIG!!!

Although this model (C2) doesn't have drain holes at the bottom of the bag like Bullits C3, he explained that it could be a plus if you forgot your ice pack and ask the beverage cart for some ice. The C2's cooler is almost like a cooler bag so if you still have ice in the cooler at the end of the round,it can be turned inside out instead of having to dump it upside down (Meh, whatever) DID I MENTION that is a 2L bottle of pop! (not sure how big that is in the States but the math says it's 66.666 OZ) While its a little snug and there is nothing else in the bag atm, I assure you the lid closes and stays closed even when carting it around. Which brings me to the next "upgrade."

The transit cover as its so-called has been reinforced with some heavy strapping and an additional over the top and through the bottom velcro strap. Where the old one was just elasticized. He looked at me and laughed as I proceeded to put my irons in and jump up and down with the carry strap over my shoulder. After I stopped and tried to catch my breath, I removed the cover and was pleasantly surprised. They did slip out of the rack a little bit, its crazy no expecting them to, but with a quick love tap they were all in a pretty little line again (did I mention I have OCD problems).

There is a little embroidery patch on the bottom most pocket that can be removed that can double another pocket, perfect for tee's me thinks. But to little to get too personal unless you have a little design you can think of. There are more pictures on my photo bucket if you click on one of the pictures above that shows his personal bag (another C2). I think the embroidery work was absolutely fantastic, but he had that done right from the factory (you can do this too if you preorder and agree to the wait time).

We all know we will never ever find something absolutely perfect. Here is why this bag isn't.

1. As previously stated by Bullit, there are only 9 slots for irons, so if you only have a driver and the rest wedges, this still could be the bag for you, but you will have to put them in the back dividers. I imagine this wont get rid of the bag chatter because now you have clubs feely bouncing around again (i wont have that problem. And, lets face it, you can only carry 14 clubs, any there are 15 spaces for you to put clubs).

2. The cooler bag has stitched seems in it, so if you were to go the ice route, the water has nowhere to go so my fear is it will drain into the lower pocket (but only time will tell)

3. Get rid of the stupid ridiculous umbrella loop in front of the left putter tube. There is no way I can get an umbrella in there anyway. And there is an additional one at the back of the bag. Not to mention you can also fit one in one of the putter tubes if you aren't carrying a ball scoop or training aids that day. How many umbrellas do you need on for yourself while golfing?

I guess I feel extra fortunate because he saved me the shipping (its free online but built into the price of the bag) and the tax (cash is king) I didnt barter at all because its what I wanted for less then I was willing to pay I walked away with the bag for $280 which in my mind is a good deal for a premium cart bag (Vinyl, embroidery, and the organizational system).

I really find it hard to write reviews without "promoting" a product (for lack of a better term) because ultimately I'm trying to reassure myself this was a good buy. I hope I didn't come across in any bad ways. Please be kind.

I will follow up with it when I get to take it out on the course a few times to see how it performed fully loaded. Here's to shooting low folks

Last edited:
Glad that you found a bag that suits your specific needs!

It sounds like they've fixed the single complaint I have about mine (the transit cover), trying to carry it without dumping the irons. Good move on their part, I'm glad they pay attention and listen to the consumer.

Bag looks awesome. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

It sounds like they've fixed the single complaint I have about mine (the transit cover), trying to carry it without dumping the irons. Good move on their part, I'm glad they pay attention and listen to the consumer.

When I was talking with guy today (Adam was his name) he said that they can get additional covers from the factory. Adam was saying something about a falling out with the old US provider, so maybe contact the other one and see if he might have any answers for you. He may not have any this time, but he might be able to order it for you next time around. Who knows, then you might be happy with it all around and wont need to buy another ;) Then you might be able to just go out and buy yourself the cadilac of walking carts its a little more than a $120 carry bag would cost, but dayum is it fancy!

BTW guys, the $280 i paid in cash was in CAD it would have been around $225 USD with todays conversion. Again, not bad for a premium cart bag in my mind

Heya folks, I thought that I would throw my review of the bag that I had purchased on top of this review. I hope Im not out of line by doing so.

Its been great weather out there but my season has slowed down a little so I've had some time to think of some words to jot down here.

I have had My Staff bag from Kahma since the beginning of the season and it's seen more than 50 rounds so far this season. First off, it still looks brand new!!! Sure it gets duster sitting on the back of a power cart but a quick wipe with a damp rag and it sparkles like the day I took it out of the box. I bet it helps I used some armour all wipes once or twice on it.

The zippers have stood the test in my mind (when the beer starts flowing I tend to be digging around in my bag a fair bit for some balls). The Tie down straps are stellar! Never use the strap off the cart anymore. Bag never twists or turns and its great if you have that guys in your group who thinks it would be funny to unhook your bag. We don't have one, but have witnessed it and I think to myself I would probably hurt him.

Cooler keeps stuff cold with an ice pack in it. And that last drink is still chilled after that horrible 5 hour round you hear about these days. Had to do the ice thing once and wouldn't be afraid of doing it again. The melted water didn't seep through my bag and was easy enough to get rid of after the round.

The 9 slots are more than enough for my irons, but for those low handicappers who carry 10-11 of them, it still could be the bag for you, you would just have to put the in the back of the bag in the 4 divider woods slots.

The strap is on the proper side to make this easy to carry from house to course. It would be nice to have another pocket instead of the handle because when its on the cart you really only have the ball pocket at the bottom.

I absolutely love this bag and have even bought my brother and father one. they are crazy about theirs as well. If anyones chooses one of these bags theres no doubt in my mind it won't take you long to fall in love too if you had any doubts.

Back