Kansas City Recommendations

mattglavin

Reaction score
Handicap
I’ll be in Kansas City for work the first week of June and looking to get a round or two in. Anyone have a recommendation on courses nearby?

thanks!

paging @smallville

I’m at a conference at the Westin at Crown Center

I would recommend Swope Park. Close to Crown Center, Donald ROSS design, probably not too crowded during the week!

I was a fan of Shoal Creek on the North side of KC. Nice course, good landscaping, reasonably priced. I know there are lots of nice courses on the South and Southwest sides of KC as well.

~Rock

I’ll be in Kansas City for work the first week of June and looking to get a round or two in. Anyone have a recommendation on courses nearby?

thanks!

This depends on how far you want to drive. Lots of great places to play in the KC metro. If you don't mind a 30 minute drive give or take depending on traffic, Prairie Highlands down in south Olathe is my favorite so far. Conditions were nice, layout was fun...really fun actually.

I would recommend Swope Park. Close to Crown Center, Donald ROSS design, probably not too crowded during the week!

I have never played here, but I hear its pretty nice also.

About this time last year I played both Tiffany Greens and Stone Canyon and thought they were outstanding. If I remember correctly, Stone Canyon had bentgrass fairways so it was a solid early season course for the midwest.

About this time last year I played both Tiffany Greens and Stone Canyon and thought they were outstanding. If I remember correctly, Stone Canyon had bentgrass fairways so it was a solid early season course for the midwest.

Isnt Stone Canyon a Greg Norman course?

I was a fan of Swope as well. Really fun, unique, old school course that will leave you wanting to head back to the 1st tee to play again.

Shoal Creek is a must imo. That layout is really fun.

Swope is definitely fun...what part of town are you staying in? KC is kind of a sprawling area....

Top Golf!!!

I just saw your're staying at Crown Center...so you're kind of between the Plaza and Downtown. Swope would definitely be a close option for you.

How many courses are you hoping to hit up while here? And what's your transportation like?

Heart of America is close to Swope - they have two 9-hole options (one is a par 3 and the other I think is a par 35).

Painted Hills is on the Kansas side, but probably a 15-ish minute drive from Crown Center via highway. I believe it's a par 70.

I see some mentioned Stone Canyon...that's a bit east, in Blue Springs, MO. Depending on the time of day (avoid rush hour) you could hop on I-70 and be there in 20 minutes.

If you go east...you may want to check out Drumm Farm which is in Independence, MO, and close to Blue Springs. If you can make a day of it...play Stone Canyon and Drumm Farm in one day :)

There are a lot of nice courses in KC area, really.

I just saw your're staying at Crown Center...so you're kind of between the Plaza and Downtown. Swope would definitely be a close option for you.

How many courses are you hoping to hit up while here? And what's your transportation like?

Heart of America is close to Swope - they have two 9-hole options (one is a par 3 and the other I think is a par 35).

Painted Hills is on the Kansas side, but probably a 15-ish minute drive from Crown Center via highway. I believe it's a par 70.

I see some mentioned Stone Canyon...that's a bit east, in Blue Springs, MO. Depending on the time of day (avoid rush hour) you could hop on I-70 and be there in 20 minutes.

If you go east...you may want to check out Drumm Farm which is in Independence, MO, and close to Blue Springs. If you can make a day of it...play Stone Canyon and Drumm Farm in one day :)

There are a lot of nice courses in KC area, really.
Of course I have to recommend Dub's Dread in Kansas City, KS just north of The Legends. Falcon Lakes is just down the street from Dub's and is always in good condition. Painted Hills is striping in Zoysia around the course and it's not taking well. Carts are 13 years old.

In Missouri, Staley Farms would be the best of the Great Life courses. Tiffany Greens is not bad and it's by the airport. I haven't played Creekmoor, but hear it's the shiznit. Pretty spendy.

Thanks everyone! I’ll post some pics after the trip.

Of course I have to recommend Dub's Dread in Kansas City, KS just north of The Legends. Falcon Lakes is just down the street from Dub's and is always in good condition. Painted Hills is striping in Zoysia around the course and it's not taking well. Carts are 13 years old.

In Missouri, Staley Farms would be the best of the Great Life courses. Tiffany Greens is not bad and it's by the airport. I haven't played Creekmoor, but hear it's the shiznit. Pretty spendy.

Dub's Dread is great....I second this.

Yes Dubs doesn't suck either.

Honestly, there are some pretty nice pub tracks all over KC.

Swope is a A.W. Tillinghast course. Hillcrest is Ross.

Back