kind of unrelated, but I picked up whitewater canoeing a few years past with the wife, its a lot of fun.

My wife and I both enjoy kayaking when we have the time. Family has a place near Westcliffe, CO so we like to take them up and dump them in below Lake Pueblo occasionally. Other than that we slow poke around Oklahoma and Arkansas from time to time. Bought them to make some multi day camp trips but have only done a single test run like that. Hoping to do a 3-4 day trip down the Buffalo River next year if we can find some people to tag along with.

She rides a Stinger XP from LiquidLogic and I ride a Remix10 XP from LiquidLogic

A friend shared a link to this river run. I do not have the skill set to attempt anything like this, but wow! so cool to dream while watching someone else do it.

It 7 mins. If you want to speed that up, skip to the 5 min mark and besure to watch the last bit.

Whoa!!! That's pretty intense...

We done some lazy river kayaking this year. Back in the late spring we paddled under a bald eagle which was sitting high atop a sycamore then 5 minutes later had two wild turkeys swoop across the river from a tree on the high side to the bank on the low side.

Also saw about 6 blue heron, a baby wood duck, a kingfisher and about 30 turtles sunning themselves...

Whoa!!! That's pretty intense...

We done some lazy river kayaking this year. Back in the late spring we paddled under a bald eagle which was sitting high atop a sycamore then 5 minutes later had two wild turkeys swoop across the river from a tree on the high side to the bank on the low side.

Also saw about 6 blue heron, a baby wood duck, a kingfisher and about 30 turtles sunning themselves...

Yes, Im a lazy river kayaker as well. Floating down the Mohican River in Fall is one of the best things one can do. Here in AZ, we are fortunate to have some great lakes and rivers with varying degrees of difficulty. Night paddling down the Salt River was a really neat experience.

I got started kayaking the whitewater route, so much fun, can get really exiting, and an amazing way to see some country that is otherwise pretty hard to get to. I got good enough to get through some easy Class-4 stuff, but primarily stayed with Class-3 runs. I haven't been in whitewater for several years, but the wife and I still kayak the lakes up in the Sierras. She has a 12' Eddyline Skylark, and I have a 14' Jackson Journey (both conventional sit-inside kayaks).

Here's a pic from my whitewater days in my Perception whitewater boat, entering the Class-3 Hospital Bar rapid on the South Fork of the American River.

HB3.jpg

IMG_20180707_210522641.jpg
I love doing the Apostle Islands, but our cabin is on a 5,000 acre lake with some rivers flowing through, so I get a decent amount of time in my Perception Eclipse

I used to have a 12 ft Cobra Navigator. Flipped it in open Ocean off Camp Pendleton in about 300 ft of water. I was not properly dressed and was weighed down by layers under snow board suit. I was not able to haul myself back onboard and had to be rescued by a power boat coming out of the harbor. This was in February. Luckily I did not succumb to hypothermia. Not to mention the area is habitat for "pointers".

Holy. They’re more brave than I am.

I’ve got a 17’ ocean kayak and take it out on lakes and rivers... it’s a Boreal Design P300.

If I ever decide to venture out again, I may opt for Wilderness, Tarpin, or Hobie with flippers.

Just ordered an upgrade to my lake boat, getting a new Eddyline Sitka LT (14.5' day/light touring kayak). This one is a bit longer, slimmer, and considerably lighter than my 14' Jackson Journey. Kind of like new golf clubs, do I need it? No, but new and shiny is fun!

The kayak industry, like golf, is going gangbusters, and production is way behind demand for a lot of companies. My wife ordered a new Eddyline, the slightly smaller Sitka ST, getting a special 50th anniversary model, and I think she was feeling guilty about this being her third or forth new boat since I got my last new one, so I let her talk me into getting a new boat too. We were able to get mine added to the order hers is coming in on, so it will get here in mid-April, instead of sometime in June.

New shiny red Eddyline Sitka LT on order, be here in April:

5c2ff844a052f.image.jpg

SitkaLT1400x430%402x.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered an upgrade to my lake boat, getting a new Eddyline Sitka LT (14.5' day/light touring kayak). This one is a bit longer, slimmer, and considerably lighter than my 14' Jackson Journey. Kind of like new golf clubs, do I need it? No, but new and shiny is fun!

The kayak industry, like golf, is going gangbusters, and production is way behind demand for a lot of companies. My wife ordered a new Eddyline, the slightly smaller Sitka ST, getting a special 50th anniversary model, and I think she was feeling guilty about this being her third or forth new boat since I got my last new one, so I let her talk me into getting a new boat too. We were able to get mine added to the order hers is coming in on, so it will get here in mid-April, instead of sometime in June.

New shiny red Eddyline Sitka ST on order, be here in April:

nice looking boat! I've always had SOT's, but I like the looks of yours. Probably not ideal for fishing set up though. I saw some ads from BKC (Brooklyn Kayak Co), for rather inexpensive one outfitted for fishing, with rudder e.t.c. for under $900, but then I would need to buy a car top rack (2019 Hyundai Sonata PHEV). Not sure I really want to spend that much. I am tempted however. Still skittish about going BTB. Bay/lagoon would be okay though.

I have a Wildy Tarpon 100 (2019 version, which I prefer over the current version). Small but also easy to haul around. Added a couple rod holders and I built a storage bowl for one of the compartments. I also built a transducer arm for a fish finder (didn't want to spend money on something I rarely use). I'll have to find some photos.

I dream of getting a Crescent LiteTackle along with a sit-in like an Eddyline or even a Dagger Stratos to have some variety, but for now just the Tarpon is good enough for lakes around my area.

Finally got a Pungo 125 late summer last year. The wife has a Riot Edge 13. Love going out on the water. Plenty of places near us. Looking at getting some lessons as the wife would like to do a couple of overnight trips sometime.

I've been beating up on this 13' Prowler in the Lynnhaven Inlet chasing Puppy Drum, Flounder, and Speck's for the past 15 years.

19961284_1963660770535955_5386988448356120562_n.jpg

I have an Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL. First SOT, previous 4 were sea kayaks. Yes, much like my golf buying habits.

Hoping to plan a kayak trip this year, here in CT, that takes my wife and I down the Housatonic River... she prefers her Ocean Kayak SOT and I’m partial to my Dagger Stratos 12.5

looking forward to planning the trip.

The new boats are finally here! I got the red Eddyline Sitka LT, and my wife got the purple (special 50th Anniversary Edition) Sitka ST. The first picture perspective is off, her boat is actually a bit smaller than mine, a little shorter at 13' 9", mine is 14' 6"and hers is a bit narrower. Took them out Sunday on a local reservoir, ended up paddling with three other Eddyline owners, we looked like we could have been making an advertisement for Eddyline out there.

Kayaks 01.jpg

Kayaks 02.jpg

Kayaks 03.jpg

The new boats are finally here! I got the red Eddyline Sitka LT, and my wife got the purple (special 50th Anniversary Edition) Sitka ST. The first picture perspective is off, her boat is actually a bit smaller than mine, a little shorter at 13' 9", mine is 14' 6"and hers is a bit narrower. Took them out Sunday on a local reservoir, ended up paddling with three other Eddyline owners, we looked like we could have been making an advertisement for Eddyline out there.

View attachment 9006475

View attachment 9006476

View attachment 9006477

Those are beautiful, enjoy

Back