KBS .610 Wedge shafts

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I looked for a page or review to tie into but could not find one. If there is one out there. Please point me to it.

I wanted some wedge shafts that offered a lower ball flight. I have been playing the cleveland zip cores with the stock spinner shaft and have not really been a fan of that shaft. For me the flight was always just kinda high and loose feeling. I also felt like the shaft and I just didnt jive feel wish. After some searching I found the KBS .610s. These shafts seemed very interesting. Here is the company line on them.

"The 610 WEDGE shaft delivers a lower, more penetrating ball flight with controlled spin. This wedge-specific shaft allows skilled players to produce knock-down and other workable shots into and around the green."

I asked around to some people I know have these in play to get their opinion and hit send..

The way they do this is with an extremely stiff butt section that is larger than average.

I swapped out the shafts and It was pretty amazing to see these shaft do. Which is exactly what they said they would do..

The stock spinner shaft in a 54 degree wedge was launching at about 33 degrees and around 9700 spin.

Put in the KBS .610 120 gram which is their stiff flex and it was launching at 28 degrees and right at the same spin..

Very interesting number differences. A couple of questions -

How do you like them on touch shots? I’ve heard some people preferring them on something like a gap wedge, but not caring for them on SW/LW.

How did you end up with Stiff? When I’ve considered going with these I’ve gotten stuck trying to decide between R+ or S. I’ve heard the super stiff tip makes these play stiff to flex.

Very interesting number differences. A couple of questions -

How do you like them on touch shots? I’ve heard some people preferring them on something like a gap wedge, but not caring for them on SW/LW.

How did you end up with Stiff? When I’ve considered going with these I’ve gotten stuck trying to decide between R+ or S. I’ve heard the super stiff tip makes these play stiff to flex.

So far touch shots around the green have been fine. I have not noticed anything detrimental there. I settled on stiff as I am typically an x stiff guy but generally step down for wedges. I also had read that this play stiffer to flex and I didn’t want them overly stiff. I think it is due to the larger butt section but maybe the tip is stiffer asl well.

I considered the stiff plus but in the end. I don’t hit these wedges (54, 60) full swing very often so I felt it would be fine softening them a smidge for some feel..

If you hit down & through with your wedges- you'll love the 610s.

If your more of a picker with your swing- these will feel like rebar

Was in exactly the same boat been looking for reviews to see if the claims are true.

Looks like ill be putting an order in and swapping my wedge shafts over to the 610s haha

I had these back in the day. In my experience they did exactly what they said they would. My ball flight was lower and on the greens the ball would take one big hop then stop. The handle of these shafts is VERY stiff, so be careful about the flex you choose.....go softer perhaps.

I ended up going away from them because I realized that although I thought I wanted a much lower flight with my wedges......I really didn't.

How you finding them after a little bit of testing? still delivering lower flights with same spin?

thinking about tinkering with one of these, anyone gaming one now or recently? thoughts?

thinking about tinkering with one of these, anyone gaming one now or recently? thoughts?
I have played them. They are ok. Not my fav wedge shaft.

I have switched all 3 of my wedges to this shaft and really like it. Whatever wedges I get next will have this shaft in it. I don't get a chance to try many wedge shafts but I found this one and like it.

I have switched all 3 of my wedges to this shaft and really like it. Whatever wedges I get next will have this shaft in it. I don't get a chance to try many wedge shafts but I found this one and like it.
what about it makes you a fan?

what about it makes you a fan?
I see Templeton doesn't like the feel or lack of. I felt like it has more feel than the graphite I had before. The biggest thing is I dont see many 'jumpers' with it. It just feels really controlled for me. Obviously I am a hack, but can absolutely feel and see differences. the thing I read about it was the lower flight I believe and thats what got me to try it first. I liked it a lot so I did all 3.

I’m getting these in my SM10 wedges, I have really liked the Tour V Wedge shafts I have been using in my MG4, so it will be interesting to see the difference between the two, the Tour V wedge is 125 and says low to mid launch and mid spin versus the 610 S+ at the same weight and lower flight with controlled spin.

It hasn't been very recent but I gamed them in the past. I liked them in like 48-54 degree wedges that were being used for driving partial shots. I didn't use them (and wouldn't want to) in higher lofts that I'd use around the greens.

Best way I can describe it is the stiff butt let's you hammer the hands through without being worried about the tip catching up on the partial shots. But that means on a bunker or flop shot it makes it harder to get the tip activated to help with those.

It hasn't been very recent but I gamed them in the past. I liked them in like 48-54 degree wedges that were being used for driving partial shots. I didn't use them (and wouldn't want to) in higher lofts that I'd use around the greens.

Best way I can describe it is the stiff butt let's you hammer the hands through without being worried about the tip catching up on the partial shots. But that means on a bunker or flop shot it makes it harder to get the tip activated to help with those.
Much appreciated. How did it compare to the kinetixx trajectory wedge shafts we were discussing in that thread?

Much appreciated. How did it compare to the kinetixx trajectory wedge shafts we were discussing in that thread?
In the Mid/High Kinetixx it feels like the whole shaft is working to hit that mid/high trajectory. Maybe not quite as much of that "generating kinetic energy" feel as other Kinetixx lines but still there. .610 isn't exactly the opposite but feels like it's kind of capping the trajectory at the top end. Like if you were hitting at a goalpost you'd always be just under the post but would have to work to get over it.

I see Templeton doesn't like the feel or lack of. I felt like it has more feel than the graphite I had before. The biggest thing is I dont see many 'jumpers' with it. It just feels really controlled for me. Obviously I am a hack, but can absolutely feel and see differences. the thing I read about it was the lower flight I believe and thats what got me to try it first. I liked it a lot so I did all 3.
Hey, if they work for you fantastic!! Different strokes!

I’m getting these in my SM10 wedges, I have really liked the Tour V Wedge shafts I have been using in my MG4, so it will be interesting to see the difference between the two, the Tour V wedge is 125 and says low to mid launch and mid spin versus the 610 S+ at the same weight and lower flight with controlled spin.
I love the Tour V wedge shaft. I just picked up some MG4's myself and have 2 Tour V's laying around. Thinking im going to put those 2 in the 56 and 60 and possibly the 610 in the 50*

I love the Tour V wedge shaft. I just picked up some MG4's myself and have 2 Tour V's laying around. Thinking im going to put those 2 in the 56 and 60 and possibly the 610 in the 50*
The Tour V wedges shafts work really well for me in the MG4 heads.

Back