KBS One Step Putter Shaft

I used a C-Taper 130 in an old putter - I guess I was just ahead of the times!

So they offer a super stiff shaft for putters. Can’t think of the company that sells the super duper expensive graphite and steel putter shaft. Was this made to look similar with a giant step roughly 10-17 inches above the putter head? Looks very odd. Someone should travel back to the 70’s and tell Jack he was using an inferior putter shaft hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, that is indeed pretty intriguing. doesn't seem visually appealing to me at first glance but if it improved my putting, i'd get over it quickly

So they offer a super stiff shaft for putters. Can’t think of the company that sells the super duper expensive graphite and steel putter shaft. Was this made to look similar with a giant step roughly 10-17 inches above the putter head? Looks very odd. Someone should travel back to the 70’s and tell Jack he was using an inferior putter shaft hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stability.

And the putter head they were using was much lighter then because of the agronomy of the time, and how designs and materials have evolved. The flex of the shafts used in putters has stayed the same, but the weight of the heads on the end of those shafts have changed 20, 30, even 40g.

Steel should have that single bend option, right?

Definitely different looking, but KBS shafts always have a uniqueness about them.

Steel should have that single bend option, right?
I'm really curious of this myself. Its one of the big things that has held graphite putter shaft options back for many, not having that single or double bend option.

Interesting- putters feel great now but putter shafts always interest me more than iron/wood shafts

Very intrigued by these. Much more affordable option than the Stability shaft and the LAGP shaft.

I found a video on Instagram where a KBS rep was discussing the shafts and had it installed in a putter. It looked great. The big taper or whatever you wanna call it was not super noticeable like I thought it would be.

Also interesting in the video, he discusses how you can trim from the tip instead of the butt to dial in feel and stiffness you are looking for. I’ll link the video below.

I’m pretty interested in this one. Always liked and got along well with KBS products. Keeping my eyes out for this one

👀

Who’s curious?

61586862-B52B-4F5F-B2E2-488535FCA00F.jpeg94AB7074-87BE-4A56-AA9A-BDDA8AB6FA28.jpegB5F10708-3E77-451D-B6E2-211568722A61.jpeg

The look is very “Stability” with where it tapers and the shapes it tapers from/to.

In hand, and in stroke, it’s “there”, its the similar feedback I have from reviewing Stability in the past, though not as insanely stable as the Kinetixx imo.

actually looks better than I had pictured in my head
Same.

I was even hesitant up until we installed it onto a putter, it helps that the gloss looks so good on the blue head, but it’s def way easier on the eyes than I expected.

The look is very “Stability” with where it tapers and the shapes it tapers from/to.

In hand, and in stroke, it’s “there”, its the similar feedback I have from reviewing Stability in the past, though not as insanely stable as the Kinetixx imo.
Would any pro shops or retail stores have stability shafts installed in putters that I could roll in-store or is it more of a club champion specialty type thing?

Same.

I was even hesitant up until we installed it onto a putter, it helps that the gloss looks so good on the blue head, but it’s def way easier on the eyes than I expected.
for some reason I pictured the narrowing portion about a 1/3 up from the tip, similar to Stability. I’m kind of digging this a little more.

Nope, there’s no call for it to be tipped to my knowledge.

There’s a video above from PrecisionGolf, where they talk about tipping to change the feel.

Back