KBS S-Taper Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV gets the inside scoop on the new shafts coming from KBS called S-Taper.

[video=youtube;gPKWImB-2es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKWImB-2es[/video]

Good into the wind and drops spin? I'm definitely wanting to hear about these.

I like lower launch, I like good into the wind, I like lower spin.

Getting the KBS Tour responsiveness into a *-Taper profile sounds like a huge win for KBS.

I like lower launch, I like good into the wind, I like lower spin.

Getting the KBS Tour responsiveness into a *-Taper profile sounds like a huge win for KBS.

Haha I'm the opposite, but the tech is legit and it seems like the next evolution coming off the C-Tapers looking forward to learning more and trying them out

I got an email from KBS about these the other day, but the link was bad on it. I had meant to start a thread to ask but you guys got me beat with the info!

KBS feel with lower spin/lower launch is pretty sweet. Addresses some of the feel concerns I've heard people express about the C-Taper (which I think I've never actually swung myself).

I've only ever played DG, since they're familiar.

I really need to give KBS a try sometime, and these sound like they'd be a good fit. I don't need any spin help with my irons. I'll be on the lookout for somewhere I can demo these for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I'm the opposite, but the tech is legit and it seems like the next evolution coming off the C-Tapers looking forward to learning more and trying them out

I played the KBS Tours for almost an entire year based on their amazing feedback, knowing very well it had more spin that I needed. If they can get that kind of feel in a taper build, count me absolutely intrigued.

Going to be tough to be superior to the Tour V though. I still think that's the best KBS shaft ever made (for my game).

My KBS Tours are fantastic - I just need them in 110g vs the 120 i have, definitely thinking heading back to KBS this year though.

I played the KBS Tours for almost an entire year based on their amazing feedback, knowing very well it had more spin that I needed. If they can get that kind of feel in a taper build, count me absolutely intrigued.

Going to be tough to be superior to the Tour V though. I still think that's the best KBS shaft ever made (for my game).

I think this will be a good middle ground for the folks who want something a bit on the heavier side. Really have something to fit everyone in terms of weight and preference at this point, it's impressive.

Finally! Been waiting for you to expand on these after James' teaser at the show. These seem very interesting to me. Another shaft I really want to try during demo season.

That low spin sounds like it would be $$$ for long shots, especially into the wind. I wonder how stopping would be though on shots into the green? Either way definetly gotta test these against my KBS Tour C Taper 105s.

KBS S-Taper Shafts

I love the launch profile I see with the Ctaper. Been playing them for a couple years now.

110g and 120g. Does that mean an S taper lite? If not where is the line drawn at the different weights?

Hard to tell in the video for me. What is the finish on these shafts?

I like their shafts but this one just won't suit my game. Thanks for the info though!!

Interested in lowing spin and launch on irons, interesting shafts for sure to take a look at this year. The KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype is also another interesting shaft I would like to try out in my hybrids.

The low spin sounds good. On windy days, low spin is good. Also the low launch interests me. I have all stock shafts in my clubs and been really thinking about changing them but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love the feel of my KBS tour V shafts, glad to see that they are bringing in more options. one of the things I want to do this summer is go for a fitting, I'll look for these when I do

These sound like a great shaft for someone wanting that lower flight. I lope joyed my time with the KBS tour and not sure I would want to lower the launch from those and with many irons offering lower spin nit sure I want to drop that either.

I love the launch profile I see with the Ctaper. Been playing them for a couple years now.

110g and 120g. Does that mean an S taper lite? If not where is the line drawn at the different weights?

Hard to tell in the video for me. What is the finish on these shafts?

Not likely by that naming convention as the Ctaper Lite are a totally different launch and spin profile than the Ctapers are/were.

As to the finish, its polished, looks stepless at first glance though because of the MANY micro steps being used in the design.

It's the small details but I love what KBS did with the S, the $ is a nice touch!

Sounds fantastic

Very cool. Really like my c-tapers, but these would probably be perfect in the 110 g stiff version for me.

Is the 110 a regular shaft or is it a lightweight stiff shaft?

These are interesting. Playing the tour v 110 currently and I wonder how they compare

I love everything about these.

Back