KBS S-Taper Shafts

Thanks to the one and only Kang, I've got a set of these waiting to tinker with. Just need grips to get here and these will go into the MP18's

can we put money on your bag being set with these, those iron heads, and the Z5 grips? I got $5 says you'll enjoy the hell out of these.

These in my Gen 2 PXG 0311P are the hands down best combo I’ve had.

The second best would be the ProModus3 130s.

But man oh man, I’ll take high flat bombs that drop out of the sky all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking I might need to venture back to these shafts! They look and feel so good. Possibly throwing them into the X Forged irons.

Seeing these shafts in person is WOW they look sexy only hit a couple 9 irons and pw shots but felt great and ball flight was nice will report back after league tomorrow

Went to league with these last night and I’m in love. These with the 790s felt amazing ball flight and roll out were great too. Definitely not changing this set up anytime soon

Thinking I might need to venture back to these shafts! They look and feel so good. Possibly throwing them into the X Forged irons.

Guessing DG-S400 are in there now?

C Taper 125 S+ in there now with dg s400 in wedges. Love the s400 in wedges. I like the performance of the c tapers but I miss the performance and feel of the $ taper. They feel more lively than the c taper.

So. These are a hoot.

Seeing a really good consistent flight much like my Ctaper, but with feel.

Kang. We may have a problem... Hahaha

So. These are a hoot.

Seeing a really good consistent flight much like my Ctaper, but with feel.

Kang. We may have a problem... Hahaha
Hahahahahaha I knew you'd like them. The flight is probably a touch higher with similar spin but much improved feel.

Hahahahahaha I knew you'd like them. The flight is probably a touch higher with similar spin but much improved feel.
Yeah, I think you're spot on. Combined with an iron with a little more spin like the 18's and I'm seeing some stellar flights and distance.

Yeah, I think you're spot on. Combined with an iron with a little more spin like the 18's and I'm seeing some stellar flights and distance.
I can see these going in your 790s too. Oh I can start drooling now for some black 790 with black $ taper...... hahahaha

I can see these going in your 790s too. Oh I can start drooling now for some black 790 with black $ taper...... hahahaha

Oh man. Would be KILLER.

Fun fact, when I ordered my 5i in the 790's to finish out that set, I went $-Taper black. Then one night when drinking heavily (rum, of course, lol) I found a 6-PW set of Black $-Taper pulls...so they are sitting in the other room, waiting. Maybe this weekend is the weekend, after the way I hit these in the 18's, I need to know more in the 790's.

i can't wait for southernshred to start posting his feedback in this thread. I have a feeling he is going to love them in his epic pros.

The performance of C Tapers with KBS your feel and a slight higher is exactly what you get from these. Not to mention the black shafts look incredible! I have been very happy with these since I put them into my x Forged irons.

Playing one more round... Well....maybe two more rounds with the 790's as is today and then going to install these in them this weekend.

Bump as I'm considering picking up a pulled set of black 125g S+ for the ben Hogan ft worth heads THP awesomely selected me for in a contest (many thanks again!)

I currently hit Apex pros with project x 6.0, seem like these $ taper will be similar.. or maybe a little higher launch, but with less spin?

Any info or thoughts are appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have the tour V in my irons now ,but thoughts have danced in my dead about adding c tapers in them. Think it will happen soon

Anyone still using S-Tapers long term? Continued thoughts? Also, are the "S-Taper 120" Callaway offers the normal retail S-Tapers or a made for version? Specifically, are the X-Stiff still 130g like on KBS website?

I did my first iron fitting and got put into $-Tapers and Forged Tecs. I’m basically having a baby while I await the completed clubs. I’ll be sure to give my thoughts once I have them in hand and can take them out for a spin.

I have a set of Apex Combos with the thE $ Taper Black installed. I was going to pull them right away and replace with the Recoils but I did probably give then a try to see what they're like. I'm hoping I can get back from my trip on Wednesday in time to pick them up for league.

I have a set of Apex Combos with the thE $ Taper Black installed. I was going to pull them right away and replace with the Recoils but I did probably give then a try to see what they're like. I'm hoping I can get back from my trip on Wednesday in time to pick them up for league.

I play my Apex combo with black $-tapers (not what they came with). I think it's a good looking and playing setup. Let me (us) know if you play them and then swap them out for recoils what you think about the change.

Reactions: KEV
I know this won’t be popular on here but I’m going chrome and will probably take off the stickers.

Anyone still using S-Tapers long term? Continued thoughts? Also, are the "S-Taper 120" Callaway offers the normal retail S-Tapers or a made for version? Specifically, are the X-Stiff still 130g like on KBS website?

I really wanted to like them but unfortunately they're no longer installed in my mizunos. I'm not sure how to explain it but it's just a weird profile.
I stopped by PGA superstore yesterday and grabbed another club with the $ Tapers. Few swings and it definitely confirmed I wasn't missing it. lol

I really wanted to like them but unfortunately they're no longer installed in my mizunos. I'm not sure how to explain it but it's just a weird profile.
I stopped by PGA superstore yesterday and grabbed another club with the $ Tapers. Few swings and it definitely confirmed I wasn't missing it. lol

I have been playing them for a while. I really like them. I feel the flight is a bit high but I can live with it for the moment. If I had to do it over, I would have gotten them hard stepped.

Back