KBS S-Taper Shafts

I have been playing them for a while. I really like them. I feel the flight is a bit high but I can live with it for the moment. If I had to do it over, I would have gotten them hard stepped.

Glad to hear. What flex now?

Loved my first round in these.

I am following with interest your thoughts on the Forged Tecs, which I presume to be the irons you reference here. Are your Forged Tecs shafted with the $ Tapers or the $ Taper Lites, which is the stock shaft?

I am following with interest your thoughts on the Forged Tecs, which I presume to be the irons you reference here. Are your Forged Tecs shafted with the $ Tapers or the $ Taper Lites, which is the stock shaft?

$ Taper S Flex.

They’re much beefier than the NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 R Flex shafts that I was hitting. The biggest takeaway for me is probably the importance of the fitting. Just changing shafts is probably what’s giving me the biggest benefit, but the fact that I’m in love with the Forged Tecs is icing on the cake.

I got fit into my 85 percent swing, but even when I tried to step on the ball to gain a little extra yardage this combo felt way more in control than what I was used to. The combination felt so good during my first round with them that it was almost like playing a different game. There is just a lot more feedback and feel with this setup.

Perhaps it’s a honeymoon effect but my guess is just the new clubs alone are going to give me a much tighter dispersion and fewer “off” strikes. I plan to continue building my game so improvement is a given for me no matter the equipment, but finally having a setup that’s this dialed in has me envisioning a quicker ascent into the single digits.

Golf loves to throw the curveball at the golfer, so I’ll definitely keep posting as I find out how this turns out. All I can say is that the first trip around the block with the Forged Tecs with $ Tapers was an overwhelmingly positive experience, and has me chomping at the bit for my next round.

Well I just got done pulling my $ Taper Black shafts out of my irons. I tried them during my Sim league round this week and just didn't enjoy the feel. I didn't hit them bad at all but they felt a little boarder than I like. I have other options that I like more so these will be going up for sale soon.

Anyone with experience using the $taper lite shafts?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Anyone with experience using the $taper lite shafts?

I have hit them. I would consider them to be a little more stout and lower launching than C Taper Lite or a Modus 105.

If I swing 7 iron around 83 to 85mph would the stiff be ok

Reviving this thread. Anyone use these long term? Any shaft soul searching you’ve done that included the $-taper? Thoughts?

I've tried the $-Taper in stiff and in X (soft stepped once).

If I go for the new Apex Pros, I will likely order the stiff and have them hard stepped once.

I've tried the $-Taper in stiff and in X (soft stepped once).

If I go for the new Apex Pros, I will likely order the stiff and have them hard stepped once.
Did you try the S+ at all? Sounds like raw weight isnt much of an issue for you? I found the 130s tough after a while. Maybe it was my swing.

Did you try the S+ at all? Sounds like raw weight isnt much of an issue for you? I found the 130s tough after a while. Maybe it was my swing.

I currently have the S+ $-taper HT (note the “HT”) model in my T100S irons. They seem really nice, but I doubt Callaway will offer them as an option for me.
Yes, if Callaway were to offer the S+ flex, I would def go that route.

Back