Review KBS TD Driver Shaft

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New graphite metal woods shaft from KBS and we have a full review up on the home page. Check it out here.

Good looking shaft and it seems to put out consistent results. Are you going to tinker with the swing weight to try and get more @JB ?

The swing weight part was so interesting to me because the trend as been more towards counter-balanced designs. I thought guys would like the club build part of the story with this one, esp those who do their own work.

Enjoy reading your reviews, Dean, and this one is no exception. Looks like KBS delivered a real solid offering

Sounds like a solid contender

Nice review, Dean.

Excellent review Dean. Sign me up all day for 14 degrees launch and 2100 spin!

Good looking shaft and it seems to put out consistent results. Are you going to tinker with the swing weight to try and get more @JB ?
Sorry @ddec I need to pay more attention to the author of the article.:confused:

Good stuff here Dean, and a TON of data to boot. I'll admit, I still don't like the graphics, but the numbers definitely surprised me.

Good stuff here Dean, and a TON of data to boot. I'll admit, I still don't like the graphics, but the numbers definitely surprised me.

Data overload, but man I was loving them.

Graphics are bland, certainly play to the KBS crowd. The black is a nice piano-ish black. It won't win style points, but I enjoy that I can cut it down and not have to go crazy with weight to get to a happy zone. Unlike my 917 driver that we SW'd at d8 hahaha

Anyone that knows me, knows i love KBS. I have C-tapers in my MP-25's, C-taper Lites in my Bridgestones and V Steels in my Hogans, ( will bewitching the v-steels out for C-taper lites when i can. I can definitely see me using the Driver shaft and saw they were releasing one soon. I read all the info on the KBS site and waited for it to pop up here to see another opinion. I will definitely love to try this one out.
Heck of a write up Dean, thanks

Anyone that knows me, knows i love KBS. I have C-tapers in my MP-25's, C-taper Lites in my Bridgestones and V Steels in my Hogans, ( will bewitching the v-steels out for C-taper lites when i can. I can definitely see me using the Driver shaft and saw they were releasing one soon. I read all the info on the KBS site and waited for it to pop up here to see another opinion. I will definitely love to try this one out.
Heck of a write up Dean, thanks

If you add one to the bag make sure you drop some feedback.

I think I’m the most shocked on it dropping your launch down 2 degrees. That’s a lovely sight for those of us who can launch it over mountains.

So cool that you could have entire bag full of KBS shafts, from top to bottom!

And this offering looks nice.

I really enjoyed this review.
There is a chance I drop one of these in the new Cobra to give it a spin.

Nice write up @ddec ! Was the 2 degree lower launch in comparison to a different shaft in the same head? If so, what was the other shaft?

These shafts are intriguing. I like the option of a 60g TX flex offering and could see giving that one a go at some point. Nice writeup and review @ddec!

Nice write up @ddec ! Was the 2 degree lower launch in comparison to a different shaft in the same head? If so, what was the other shaft?

My other shaft in this head was a Tensei Blue 65s.

Great review @ddec. That is nice not having to add weight to the head after you cut down the shaft!

Got to spend more time with this one and kind of like it. If you like that stout feeling, without the harshness, this could be the shaft for you.

Got to spend more time with this one and kind of like it. If you like that stout feeling, without the harshness, this could be the shaft for you.

I might have missed it, but was this available for granddaddy guys during their fitting? Curious to see if it will be in Callaway’s shaft matrix.

I might have missed it, but was this available for granddaddy guys during their fitting? Curious to see if it will be in Callaway’s shaft matrix.

I genuinely don’t know, but would guess not, since it is not really out in catalogues yet. My gut says soon though.

Back