Review KBS TD Driver Shaft

It’s being built by Ping so they’ve never let me down before. I’m sure it will be fine.

Cool that should work. They can build it with a lighter weight. Let us know how it goes in 12 weeks when you get it.. haha just kiddin..

Picking mine up later today. Straight to TPC Sawgrass tomorrow for first round with it. LETS GOOO

Picking mine up later today. Straight to TPC Sawgrass tomorrow for first round with it. LETS GOOO

That’s high level first round testing right there..

as much as i love the kbs prototype hybrid shaft, this driver shaft has had my interest. i feel like you don’t really hear much about it.
really is a great shaft. I actually put both the driver and 3w shaft back in play the last 2 rounds. Feels exactly like the KBS Tour iron shaft. I never have the fastest ball speeds with this one for some reason but dispersion is always better than anything else ive tried

This is the one shaft I cant get rid of. After playing most of the year with Tensei Pro Orange, Ventus Black, and the new Accra Tour Z RPG, I've finally settled back in to the KBS TD. For me its always been the most consistent and accurate. Even when I originally got fit for the KBS it was never the fastest or longest shaft. But its always been the most accurate

This is the one shaft I cant get rid of. After playing most of the year with Tensei Pro Orange, Ventus Black, and the new Accra Tour Z RPG, I've finally settled back in to the KBS TD. For me its always been the most consistent and accurate. Even when I originally got fit for the KBS it was never the fastest or longest shaft. But its always been the most accurate

I kind of wish I had one that was a little lighter(70gram model here). I really liked the shaft and the way it set up. Plus paired with the Epic Flash it gave me some good numbers.

a very smart man just recommended i give this shaft a whirl. i like a constant ei profile, and really struggle with anything that has a stiff handle. anyone play this in a fairway wood?

Hi all, revisiting this thread as I'm thinking about moving to the KBS TD 60 Cat 4 in my driver. I've already got the TD 70 Cat 4 in my 3 wood and absolutely love it, and for the past season I've been using the Ventus TR Blue 6X in my driver, but I've lost a bit of confidence with it recently and looking for a change. Has anyone hit both shafts and provide any comparison, does this shaft still stand up in 2024? THanks

Hi all, revisiting this thread as I'm thinking about moving to the KBS TD 60 Cat 4 in my driver. I've already got the TD 70 Cat 4 in my 3 wood and absolutely love it, and for the past season I've been using the Ventus TR Blue 6X in my driver, but I've lost a bit of confidence with it recently and looking for a change. Has anyone hit both shafts and provide any comparison, does this shaft still stand up in 2024? THanks
I think there's another KBS TD thread somewhere bc i remember posting to it but i have the TD in driver and both fairways

3 years ago i was fit in to the TD and loved it. Very accurate for me and gave me repeatable results but it wasnt the fastest for me ball speed wise. The following year is when TR Blue was released and i was fit in to that also.

TR Blue is an amazing shaft in driver but i found i was prone to more of a left miss with it than the TD. I went back to the TD late last year and found the secret for me was to tip the driver shaft 1", 3w shaft 1.5" and 5w shaft 2"

I think there's another KBS TD thread somewhere bc i remember posting to it but i have the TD in driver and both fairways

3 years ago i was fit in to the TD and loved it. Very accurate for me and gave me repeatable results but it wasnt the fastest for me ball speed wise. The following year is when TR Blue was released and i was fit in to that also.

TR Blue is an amazing shaft in driver but i found i was prone to more of a left miss with it than the TD. I went back to the TD late last year and found the secret for me was to tip the driver shaft 1", 3w shaft 1.5" and 5w shaft 2"
Thanks, that's really helpful. This shaft in my 3 wood has provided me with the most consistency I've ever had from a 3 wood, so it's worth a punt in the driver. I've switched out the Ventus TR for the Denali Black that came with my AI Smoke TD, which I am enjoying but feel I could get a little more consistency. Picking up the TD 60X tomorrow and looking forward to giving it a whirl over Masters weekend!

I love the feel of this shaft, in the AI Smoke Max D head it's money for me, the ~50g version doesn't feel too light at all, and even at stiff flex, it feels super stable for me.

Back