KBS TGI 100 or 110

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I have searched and cannot seem to find anything on these shafts, has anyone played them? I was fit for the 110 and frankly don't trust a mat fitting to reflect into the wild. I planned to do a grass fitting at True Spec but they don't stock the KBS TGI at all.

I reviewed the 70’s and bought/played the 110’s in my NL 902’s.

What‘re you curious about Jim?

I reviewed the 70’s and bought/played the 110’s in my NL 902’s.

What‘re you curious about Jim?
Well, I hit the 110 very well but find it hard to accept they will be a good gamer shaft, how did you like them with that much, much faster swing of yours? High launch?

I was seeing 30-35 yds PH and 46* descent, I have to hit them again to be super sure but they beat out everything at CC on that day. Just need some mental support to order them in the TC 201

odd the review does not show in a search

@Jman, would you agree the KBS TGI 110 is similar to the KBS tour 130x? if you have hit the 130x...that is.

Oh poop, Jim. I forgot to reply last night! My bad!

I’ve hit them. The 110 are solid, feel wise I think you’ll be similar, but with a way better (imo) weight. They’re not wildly active graphite, but they fit in line with what we are used to with KBS steel imho

Do you think they play firmer than the mmt 105?

Just got to go back and try them again, but the guy will not let me out the door without buying I am afraid and I really don't want 2 year old Mizuno JPX 919 tour. Yes I am a club snob, I admit it and love Mizuno gear.

Just need need latest and greatest to play until the new wears off and I start all over again...stupid game..

Ok first session down with KBS TGI 110. These are installed in new Mizuno Pro 243's and weakened 1 degree. 7i is now 33* and PW is 45*. I hit the TGI 110's vs Cobra CB/MB w/ KBS $-Taper 125. The TGI 110's are recommended for 7i swing speeds of 95 - 100. Personally I didnt feel like you need to be that quick in order to swing this shaft. The TGI 110 is definitely very stable and I never had the fear of hitting a big hook. I would say the 110's are very comparable in stiffness to the $-Taper 125 but what I did notice is after 2 hours of hitting balls at the simulator, the 110's were easier to swing due to the lighter weight. A tired, fatigued swing with the 110's gave me better performance than the same tired swing with the $-Taper 125.

I swung the TGI 110's on average about 1.5mph faster. The $-Taper's have been my fitted shaft the past 3 years and have always produced for me. The TGI's actually gave me a tighter dispersion and less side spin. I know its only 1 session but so far everything points to the TGI 110's being a better shaft for me

Ok first session down with KBS TGI 110. These are installed in new Mizuno Pro 243's and weakened 1 degree. 7i is now 33* and PW is 45*. I hit the TGI 110's vs Cobra CB/MB w/ KBS $-Taper 125. The TGI 110's are recommended for 7i swing speeds of 95 - 100. Personally I didnt feel like you need to be that quick in order to swing this shaft. The TGI 110 is definitely very stable and I never had the fear of hitting a big hook. I would say the 110's are very comparable in stiffness to the $-Taper 125 but what I did notice is after 2 hours of hitting balls at the simulator, the 110's were easier to swing due to the lighter weight. A tired, fatigued swing with the 110's gave me better performance than the same tired swing with the $-Taper 125.

I swung the TGI 110's on average about 1.5mph faster. The $-Taper's have been my fitted shaft the past 3 years and have always produced for me. The TGI's actually gave me a tighter dispersion and less side spin. I know its only 1 session but so far everything points to the TGI 110's being a better shaft for me

Glad the shaft is working out for you. I have the TGI 110 in a demo head and have tested it extensively against a bunch of other shafts. It ended up being the top 3 for me as far as graphite shafts, and if was available to order with minimal upcharge at more places I'd probably have a set with them already. As it stands I'm content right now with MMT 105TX, but will probably let curiosity get the better of me eventually and order a set to build myself.

Glad the shaft is working out for you. I have the TGI 110 in a demo head and have tested it extensively against a bunch of other shafts. It ended up being the top 3 for me as far as graphite shafts, and if was available to order with minimal upcharge at more places I'd probably have a set with them already. As it stands I'm content right now with MMT 105TX, but will probably let curiosity get the better of me eventually and order a set to build myself.
thats always been the biggest downfall is how hard it is to find at a decent price and it is not a shaft that's offered through regular OEM custom builds. It's been my biggest intrigue for years. Eventually caved in, sold a bunch of other clubs, and ordered through Fairway Jockey with the $85 upcharge per shaft

thats always been the biggest downfall is how hard it is to find at a decent price and it is not a shaft that's offered through regular OEM custom builds. It's been my biggest intrigue for years. Eventually caved in, sold a bunch of other clubs, and ordered through Fairway Jockey with the $85 upcharge per shaft

Yep, same exact boat as you. Callaway has the TGI 100 available, but that's a bit too lightweight for me. Always hoping they'll add the 110 to the shaft matrix.

I've been down the heavy graphite iron shaft rabbit hole for a few years now, and going back 3+ years it felt like nobody had the heavier shafts available as custom options. I've had to directly purchase SF i125, MMT 125, LAGP L-Series 120, and the TGI 110s.

Back