KBS Tour 90 - Yay or Nay?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So ... in the interest of time, how many of you play KBS shafts in your irons? Specifically, the KBS 90 shaft.

KBS_90.jpg

How do you like it? Yay or Nay? Why?

Just trying to get some insight on this shaft before I place my order. I hit this vs the PX LZ shaft and there were similar numbers, just a bit lower trajectory & peak height with the PX. I guess I can attribute that to the stiffness & overall weight differential to the PX.

So THP .... thoughts? Good or Bad ..... Fire 🔥 Away!

I have them in my Hogan PTx Pro's and love them. They help produce the ball flight I prefer and feel solid all the way through the swing.

I had them in my Wilson C200's a while back. For me they launched really high and were actually a bit too light for me.

i had them in the apex19. felt great. tons of pop and felt like they added a ton of speed for me. i missed the extra weight, though. wouldn't game again.

I have them in my Hogan PTx Pro's and love them. They help produce the ball flight I prefer and feel solid all the way through the swing.

What is the ball flight that you prefer that they help with. I am kind of intrigued by them because I had Nippon 950s and tended to miss left a lot with them but I liked the feel and trajectory.

What is the ball flight that you prefer that they help with. I am kind of intrigued by them because I had Nippon 950s and tended to miss left a lot with them but I liked the feel and trajectory.
Medium/High ball flight. I had FST 115 shafts in my previous irons and the KBS feel better through the swing.

There are going to be a few golfers who can give you their thoughts after the Ben Hogan Experience, as many of us went with KBS shafts in the irons. I went with the Tour (120g) because I wanted a mid-mid launch & spin with a weight similar to the shafts I'm already using. The Tour 90 seemed to be more of a mid-high launch and mid-high spin shaft at a lighter weight.

if you want real deal steel and a high flight, these are for you

I was fitted for KBS Tour 90's when I went to Sub 70. Got them in the black PVD finish to match my black 699 pros.

I'm still getting used to them. My previous set were loaners from my dad with Senior Flex. Started off BAD but here recently I've started to get used to them and really like the ball flight I'm seeing as a result.

I have KBS Tour 90 in my Hogan Edge EX irons. I've been fit for them before, but I prefer the regular KBS Tour or even the Tour V more.

If you put a smooth swing on them they’re fantastic, but get aggressive and they don’t work so well. At least that’s been my experience. They do feel sweet though, especially in forged heads.

I have played the KBS Tour 90's in a few sets and I really enjoy the shaft. I loved the higher ball flight and they felt pretty stable to me

I just got them in my T200s as i was fit for them. I like the feel and the ball flight i get. I also gained ball speed and my dispersion tightened up . No complaints with them at all.

As prep for the upcoming Hogan event I just demoed these vs the Tour 120. They do feel light, but VERY smooth and easy to swing with a nice kick. If you like this weight range and have a smooth transition they could work well.

Ultimately I went with the heavier Tour 120 model as I prefer that weight and stability. They also had the same smooth feeling and gave me a bit more spin over the Tour 90.

Here are two screenshots from that testing.20210902_155556.jpg20210902_155515.jpg

As is obvious from my signature line...YAY. What's not obvious is that is my shaft after going through a brand agnostic fitting. Nippon had a shaft that was close. But the KBS Tour 90 had a tighter dispersion and that's what you want most in your irons.

My numbers were great with the Tour 90's, but I didn't like the feel. Prefer the $ Taper. As always, get fitted if you can.

I had the Tour 90's in my last set and loved them.

Had them years ago, hit moon balls and lots of spin.
Maybe they‘ve changed the a bit since then, as I see more people fit to them.

Back