KellyBo & Gray -- Diary of taking Lessons

i don't forsee you selling your sticks. i'm sure it won't be that bad. like i said, just don't fight the process, work with it, accept that there will be some shocking golf, that's OK. just keep working, one day things will click.

Great stuff guy's, I can almost picture it. Gray in a short leopared skirt and Kellybo's car with wide whitewall tires, hehe. Gray, you hooker.

DooDue -- I love ya brother and you better make this Florida outing as we are going to have a ton of fun! Old Gray will be hitting those power fades like JB and Calloway, not to mention my sweet wife KellyBo who hit's the fade too. Come on down and watch the show :eek:)

Pimp daddy Gray in da the house!

pimp.jpg

Sunday Hacker -- You got to find a fat picture of Elvis to depict old Gray :eek:)!!!! I like the coat though :clapp:...
Hey we got to play together at least one round ok??? Even if I have to bring out the birdie balls and we play around the pool ....

DooDue -- I love ya brother and you better make this Florida outing as we are going to have a ton of fun! Old Gray will be hitting those power fades like JB and Calloway, not to mention my sweet wife KellyBo who hit's the fade too. Come on down and watch the show :eek:)

I'm saving pennies to get there, should know soon. But, we would noy playgreat cart golf. I have a pretty solid draw most of the time, hehe. When my legs are not working well I'll slice some, but I aim right every shot expecting it to cross over to center.

I'm saving pennies to get there, should know soon. But, we would noy playgreat cart golf. I have a pretty solid draw most of the time, hehe. When my legs are not working well I'll slice some, but I aim right every shot expecting it to cross over to center.

duey, i hope you can swing this trip! it would be great to meet you and be able to spend some time with you.

on the course, around the pool, in the parking lot dont matter to me man were playing some golf together!

Sunday Hacker -- You got to find a fat picture of Elvis to depict old Gray :eek:)!!!! I like the coat though :clapp:...
Hey we got to play together at least one round ok??? Even if I have to bring out the birdie balls and we play around the pool ....

no doubt would love to meet the due and have a few brews with ya!

duey, i hope you can swing this trip! it would be great to meet you and be able to spend some time with you.

getImage.asp

This was Gray on our way to the lesson today.

I don't know what this picture is she is trying to show but I'm going to kick her arse!!!!!!

here I come baby! burp fart burp! oh excuse me I'm the king! fart burp!

11491.jpg

gray, that is kind of what you looked like after 36 holes in blairsville, haha

Yep,,,,,,, she is getting a good old fashion butt whupping for that one! :deadhorse:

oh you dirty boy gray!

Ok you guys just screwed up the chance to hear the King sing in Florida :guitar:..... I was going to bring my entire entourage and have Calloway be one of the show girsl with the shaved legs.. Of Course Bama would have to be the MC.... Although I believe W Hacker or DooDue could handle the MC duties with no problems!!!!

i'd be a HAWT showgirl

Spoiler
for a blind man

Ok guys/gals this is my first day with the Saturday group where we throw $10.00 in the pot and play for skins & greenies. I am actually afraid to tee the ball up with this new swing. Should I just not play my usual Saturday round? Save the laughter and torture I will receive or just go out and play. I could go to the practice area by myself and just beat balls until this God awful swing plane change starts to feel somewhat normal? Another option is not bet but stay with my new swing no matter what. I am freaking scared to death right now and my confidence kinda sucks. Everybody knows I'm a hooker at my golf course so they will have to put up with a new (Hacker less of a Hooker today) ! Even KellyBo found my new avatar that clearly states, yea he's a Hooker :at-wits-end:..... What's an old Hooker to do? Don't fight the change and go have fun and laugh when the freaking ball does strange things off the tee. Hell yea,,,,,, why not, it's just a game. Especially now :D

Ok no advice from my buds on here so I have to head to the course and take this abuse all by myself :banghead: I bet the rest of you are either sleeping, already on the range, or heading off to work. No beer for me until after the round today! I want to enjoy this misery with a clear mind :golf3:

Last edited:
Ok no advice from my buds on here so I have to head to the course and take this abuse all by myself :banghead: I bet the rest of you are either sleeping, already on the range, or heading off to work. No beers for me until after the round today! I want to enjoy this misery with a clear mind :golf3:

I hear you about being afraid to tee it up. I worked with a coach to fix my short irons, but the swong hasnt caught up to my long irons or driver. I can't hit either to save my soul right now and I am honestly afraid to play golf. Looks like today will be another range day and not an attempt to play 9

I shot 42 to on the front and 46 on the back for a crowd pleasing 88. The good thing is I did keep the swing plane going in the right direction and my coach would be proud of me. It felt awful and downright pitiful not to have my big old hooking draw but I only lost one ball. Most of my misfires were five three putts on the greens.... I got alot of work to do and I might go back out this afternoon and hit balls for an hour or two from 40 yds in...... Hey I did have my cell phone with me the entire time and that puppy will be in my bag for life :golf2:!!!!

Last edited:
good stuff to gray. seems to me that you might want to put that belly putter back in the bag after a day on the greens like that, haha.

good stuff to gray. seems to me that you might want to put that belly putter back in the bag after a day on the greens like that, haha.

I want to try a freaking SeeMore and have a 4 Star putter to trade and no one wants to make the deal :eek:(

Lesson 2 today!

Oh my! My swing was videotaped today and boy was it upright and all arms. Now I know why I don't get much power when I swing my irons. He also videotaped Gray's swing and his swing was almost the exact opposite of mine. So today's lesson was about proper swing plane, turn of shoulders, etc.

After he stood me in front of a mirror, stood behind me and showed me the proper turn and plane, I had to hit another ball and be videotaped. Then I was able to see the huge difference. Much better!

So I hit tons of balls today and actually started drawing the ball a little (I've always had a natural fade). My instructor was working with Gray while I was hitting and came over after seeing me hit some sweet shots with my 6 iron. He said "I have to tell you that I am very excited to see you hitting the ball so good". That made my day! Of course, I started hitting some pretty ugly shots after that. :banghead:

Needless to say the new swing feels very weird and it will take lots of practice to perfect it. There will be a lot of practice time on the range this week!

I asked him to fit me for clubs today too. They have an awesome club fitting setup. He showed me my angles with my old setup/swing and my new one. He said I should wait a few weeks to get my new swing down before we start the process. Who knows, I may not really need the super game improvement clubs I think I need.

I told him my goal for this summer is to get to a 15 handicap. He said, "Is that all? You can do better than that." You know what, I think I can if I stay this determined and practice what he is teaching me. I cannot be a fair weather golfer though...must battle this through the summer if I want to improve. I'm bad about putting my clubs up when it's too hot (over 90) or too cold (under 60).

Ya Man, ya know it's all in the style :eek:)... I got a better suit for West Palm Beach and the Vegas girls are already booked to appear :egyptian:

LESSON # 2 TODAY!

Well I felt pretty confident coming into today's lessons but still not strutting like a South Carolina Gamecock on Saturday morning :eek:).. We hit a few practice balls and I was surprised I was actually hitting my wedge pretty much on the 100 yd green most of the time. Kinda of freaked me out. Our coach then took a video of our swing and he said mine was still a bit on the inside but much better and that my downswing was right on plane, maybe even a slight touch below plane but I was firing through the ball pretty well. He had me hit balls with two plastic buckets positioned with one on the inside and one on the outside so my takeaway had to be pretty much straight back and through. I hit some good shots with this drill however I did try to up swing a few times (trying to help the ball in the air) instead or letting my right hand sweep on through the ball after impact.

It was a very good lesson session and I am extremely proud I spent bucks for KellyBo and me to get some first class coaching with video sessions and follow-ups etc. My swing has always been too flat, however I do come into the ball hard from the inside and use my upper body as my anchor and coil around the hips on my drawing the ball. I just have always laid my hands open skyward on the takeaway thus it takes pure timing to come back and square the club. With my new swing I feel like I am also focusing on the right hand on top of the club with the top of the hand up and the bottom hand facing downwards. I am still learning the proper swing plane and that is sooooooooo hard when you have been doing it soooooooooo wrong for 120 years. I promise to keep working at this at least 2 to 4 hours a day the rest of the summer. I had rather practice this drill and get it feeling natural than play a round of golf. I know that sounds weird but I feel this work is going to at the very least make me a more consistant ball striker. That's all I am after.

P.S. Kellybo received some major acclaims from our instructor today on her swing change. Once she saw the video and began to turn her right shoulder back and use her body she was hitting the prettiest draws I have ever seen. I think it shocked her and the instructor but he did give me a great big WINK :clapp:

We have out big trip to Philadephia, Miss and leave tomorrow for the outing. Golf on two beautiful golf courses. Wish us well! We hope we can just focus on our new learned tecniques and enjoy the beauty around us.

Last edited:
Back